Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa prime build help

(PSN)OriginalEquinox

Question

Hey all, I just got Mesa prime and I'm trying to make a good build for her but I have a couple questions that I'd like some advice on before I go throwing forma on her.

First off does negative range have any big drawbacks? I want to use a maxed Narrow minded for as much duration on her 2 and 3 but all her abilities seem to need range as well so I'm not sure if I should use Narrow minded or a range mod because I don't have space for both.

Secondly her regulators, is it better to go full crit or status, or a bit of both? If status then is corrosive still the best option or is something like viral more effective with her fast fire rate and innate slash damage?

Lastly regarding her fashionframe, i don't like the grenade thingies on her arms and I want to camoflauge them with armour pieces without making her too bulky, but can't find anything that seems to do the trick, any suggestions are welcome because I bought Hunhow's gift for the chest piece and syandana but the syandana is clipping with anything even slightly bent backwards, I will change it if necessary but I rather not because i like the top part even though the bottom part is too long and drags along the ground

8 answers to this question

Range will reduce her Laso CC which makes her more vulnerable to Grineer and less group friendly.

It's not a critical aspect but something to be mindful of. Always build Peacemaker for Crit. The part that can vary is if you need armor strip. Then you go 90% + 60/60x2 Corrosive and for higher level armor you swap Hornet Strike / Primed Expel for Anemic Agility. IMO Mesa is not worth trying to fit Umbra mods unless you're willing to gear two separate frames because you will lose a Range build which is pretty useful against Grineer and in groups since some of their attacks simply delete her.

These are the builds I use:

YF5sk3A.jpg

Technically the only difference between the top and bottom build is Mesa's Waltz but there's a difference in play style. Rush is for turret hopping and run though missions while Mesa's Waltz is for being more stationary and allows her to dodge otherwise dangerous attacks giving her added mitigation.

As a side note there's also a Shield variant that works well against Corpus / Void enemies were you swap Vitality for Redirection, Grace for Aegis and run Shield Charger on your Sentinel. I would also highly recommend Wyrm at all times for Mesa due to it's Negate mod which can easily save her from deadly bleed procs.

• Like 1

What I did as a newb is to use a sentinel with Synth Deconstruct that makes them make enemies drop HP orbs.   Then I gave Mesa Health Conversion which armors her up if she picks up health orbs (which doesnt happen if she isnt damaged).  That is great at offsetting her crappy armor value without using umbra mods.   Its basicly Nekros method.

I never did the quest to get mesa OG.  She is pretty fun.   I am trying to master the arca plasmor and mesa at the moment.(figure out good builds).   For mesa prime I finished 4 dual pistol primes sets lol.   Love Aklex but man those things have some kickback!!   My fav dual pistols were Akvasto in OG form.   I still like the primes feel wise but I do not like their visuals as much.   OG Akvasto's were straight up western guns.

Anyways good luck finding a build you like for Mesa.    

4 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

What I did as a newb is to use a sentinel with Synth Deconstruct that makes them make enemies drop HP orbs.   Then I gave Mesa Health Conversion which armors her up if she picks up health orbs (which doesnt happen if she isnt damaged).  That is great at offsetting her crappy armor value without using umbra mods.   Its basicly Nekros method.

If you also put on Synth Fiber you can pick up orbs without taking damage.

Shatter Shield will not be really helpful on high lvl so I advise you should give her some range for Shooting Gallery.

Furthermore I tested Duration by myself (can't make a vid to prove it but u can test it too). Yes, it decreases the energy drain rate of Peacemaker! But for same 175% efficiency. Duration at 130% compared to 100%, Peacemaker drain energy slower, about 3 energy/s (although not enough to be noticable). Then I put all Duration mods in including Narrow Minded and I achieved 240% duration (cuz' Fleeting expertise is there), the drain rate is nearly the same as 130%, 3 energy/s, not even slower at all. I don't know why but it doesn't seem to affect much on Peacemaker's energy efficiency. So my advice is, Duration at about 150% is enough for Shield and Shooting Gallery, which means Narrow Minded is not necessary unless you are Duration creep.

So, if you don't use Narrow Minded, range mod is optional for you, 100% is good enough. For me I use Stretch so that I won't be over-ranged in open world maps.

For Regulators, maybe you wanna try slapping Viral and Gunslinger on her (ofc crit build is a must) and spraying on those Corrupted Heavy gunners.

• Like 1

On 2019-01-01 at 1:59 AM, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Hey all, I just got Mesa prime and I'm trying to make a good build for her but I have a couple questions that I'd like some advice on before I go throwing forma on her.

First off does negative range have any big drawbacks? I want to use a maxed Narrow minded for as much duration on her 2 and 3 but all her abilities seem to need range as well so I'm not sure if I should use Narrow minded or a range mod because I don't have space for both.

Secondly her regulators, is it better to go full crit or status, or a bit of both? If status then is corrosive still the best option or is something like viral more effective with her fast fire rate and innate slash damage?

Lastly regarding her fashionframe, i don't like the grenade thingies on her arms and I want to camoflauge them with armour pieces without making her too bulky, but can't find anything that seems to do the trick, any suggestions are welcome because I bought Hunhow's gift for the chest piece and syandana but the syandana is clipping with anything even slightly bent backwards, I will change it if necessary but I rather not because i like the top part even though the bottom part is too long and drags along the ground

I didn’t read anyone else’s answers because I didn’t want to get triggered.

okay, so, range;

Doesnt affect her 1 at all.

Reduces the crowd control range of her 2, which can be a little bit awkward. Shooting gallery is really good at keeping melee units away, and it will still do that.

But it can be a little riskier.

Range doesn’t affect shatter shield at all.

-Range reduces the reticle size of Mesa’s peacemaker when it is fully ramped up. It doesn’t reduce the range of peacemaker. Peacemaker will always have a set range of 50 meters.

I want to say range doesn’t affect peacemaker at all, because I barely notice the impact of the reduced reticle.

Stack as much duration and effeciency as you can, and leave range to flounder.

Arcane velocity and arcane guardian are the two I recommend.

For Regulators, I highly, highly recommend using corrosive with multishot. Pistol gambit, target cracker, and then all of the fire rate mods you can find.

Anemic agility, lethal torrent, gunslinger, all of it.

The mix or corrosive + high fire rate + crit is a disgustingly powerful mix on her regulators.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Thanks for all the help everyone I really appreciate it, but there's one last question I'd like some help with, does punch through affect her 4?

I’ve never used punch through on her regulators so I’m not sure, but I’m pretty confident saying that there are much better things you could replace a punch through mod with.

If you have to sacrifice any damage or fire rate, I can’t see it being worthwhile.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop
  • Like 1