Jump to content

Radial javelin...


(PSN)Hopper_Orouk
 Share

Recommended Posts

i don't think this is the first time that someone talked about this ability...
but i think it's essential to keep updating DE from time to time 

Warframe's posterboy is the most well balanced character i've seen in warframe's history, simple design, simple but effective kit just the way i like my warframes, simple,fun and effective with a few special features here and there 

that being said i think he suffers from one minor issue, his 3rd ability is extremely outdated 

you know why, no damage, mediocre CC and just a frank waste of energy, it doesn't even have any gimmicks to it, close to something like zephyr's 2 even 

but the problem is Excalibur is so balanced, that he doesn't need a third ability, he has mobility(1) , damage(1 and 4) , cc(2) and potential defensive capability with radial blind 

if we give him a defensive ability like a shield or an armor buff, it would break the balance, and lead to a potential nerf 😞 HE NEEDS NO DEFENSIVE ABILITIES 

the actual excalibur sword doesn't really has anything special that could be implemented in the warframe 

i thought about how radial javelin can force slash procs from any sources to an enemy but sadly DE raced me and put that idea on garuda 

excalibur needs a new gimmick, something that probably has ties with warframe's own lore, or maybe with the history of all mythical swords.

And we should be fast before wukong steals all good ideas with his upcoming rework!!!

Edited by (PS4)theHOPPER243
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd say the most balanced frame would be Loki, since what out of all the frames he's had maybe 5 changes done to him? Excalibur is absolutely fine where he is, and Umbra gave some minor changes to shake up Excalibur enough, alongside him being the only frame to be able to use those Umbral mods as of right now so he's just an Excalibur that's better.

Other frames need more attention.

Vauban needs it so bad, the poor guy can't catch a break.

Wukong needs to be redone and not just be a meatshield

Atlas really needs his Rumblers reworked so they're not just punching things with plushies basically, alongside maybe not make his armor decay at the speed of sound.

First three I can think of really.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

His 3 got nerfed for being map whipper didn't it? 

I wouldn't mind it changing to some kind of party buff though, Excalibur leading the pack should bring lots of moral to a group. 

Hell swap his passive for a group buff, and make his passive a moddable ability for 3.

Even if you bring a Gram Prime that would be ineffective for its buff, both his 1 & 4 could be buffed still. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, (PS4)OccultSif said:

I'd say the most balanced frame would be Loki, since what out of all the frames he's had maybe 5 changes done to him? Excalibur is absolutely fine where he is, and Umbra gave some minor changes to shake up Excalibur enough, alongside him being the only frame to be able to use those Umbral mods as of right now so he's just an Excalibur that's better.

Other frames need more attention.

Vauban needs it so bad, the poor guy can't catch a break.

Wukong needs to be redone and not just be a meatshield

Atlas really needs his Rumblers reworked so they're not just punching things with plushies basically, alongside maybe not make his armor decay at the speed of sound.

First three I can think of really.

 

 

I'm going to add to this because I can.

-Oberon needs to lose the Paladin theme, badly. It only weakens him, and to be honest the Druid theme is still far more prevalent.

-Ember, Frost, and Volt need to be reworked so that they are more different from each other, think on the level of Zephyr, Hydroid, and Atlas.

-Chroma needs a complete overhaul. Less elementalist and more Dragonframe please.

-Limbo needs bullet stop back on stasis, even if as an augment. Multiple headshots while aimgliding is a pain in the arse without it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, DatCanadien said:

I mean it's better than "Super Jump"

Strongly disagree.

Radial Javelin's only use at Star Chart + levels is a short stun, which will stop some enemies from shooting you.

Super Jump turned you invisible, meaning no one could shoot you, and gave you a good position to blind enemies safely from.

No joke, I'd happily take Super Jump over Radial Javelin. 

Edited by DeMonkey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Strongly disagree.

Radial Javelin's only use at Star Chart + levels is a short stun, which will stop some enemies from shooting you.

Super Jump turned you invisible, meaning no one could shoot you, and gave you a good position to blind enemies safely from.

No joke, I'd happily take Super Jump over Radial Javelin. 

i remember super jump i dont recall it making you invisible just making you say screw gravity and jump really high

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, (PS4)IroncladBomber said:

I don't want to hear about Updating an Ability, while Vauban still has Bounce. 

too bad your going to hear about updating abilities and your going to like it or deal with it 

idk react how ever you want to react im tired and hungry

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2018-12-31 at 5:54 PM, (PS4)theHOPPER243 said:

if we give him a defensive ability like a shield or an armor buff, it would break the balance, and lead to a potential nerf 😞 HE NEEDS NO DEFENSIVE ABILITIES 

i disagree. i think that because he is mostly a melee frame, some form of defense besides radial blind (which is mostly CC) would be useful.

here is my suggestion. the ability i have in mind would be called "Healing Sheath" where Excalibur will remove and resist status procs while healing. however, if Excalibur uses any thing that potentially deals damage (including bullet jump) the ability will be canceled. it will cost energy per status resisted and removed which would be stronger with efficiency modifiers. the healing will be stronger with strength modifiers and the ability will also be duration-based.

the ability is obviously referring to Arthur's scabbard given to him by the Lady of the Lake along with Excalibur. this scabbard was said to have healing abilities and preventing its host from bleeding no matter how fatal the wound.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, (PS4)OccultSif said:

since what out of all the frames he's had maybe 5 changes done to him?

I'd argue that no changes indicate if something is balanced or not.

It doesn't really work if devs aren't realy into backtracking to older content they had made, just like DE :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have it scales with melee mods or remove the casting animation to make it a quick stun, just do something 

I still can't figure out why they changed RB on Umbra not RJ. RJ obviously needs change more than RB. 

Edited by Marvelous_A
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...