Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember is up to par

cheliel

Today’s sortie I took Ember with:

1 Fleeting expertise + Streamline for efficiency 

2 Augur message + Constitution for duration  

3 Stretch + Augur Reach for range 

all “stacks” building for WOF.

with my signature anti-squishy combo:  Rejuvenation + Coaction + Vitality for survival

kept 4 on, rolled around for orbs and did 33% of total damage- same as the top damager (Mesa) on my team and outdamaging the 2 other frames. 

with this, Ember can keep up, and is up to par. players just need info on how to build her 4 and maintain it with practice 

1 minute ago, cheliel said:

with my signature anti-squishy combo:  Rejuvenation + Coaction + Vitality for survival

kept 4 on, rolled around for orbs and did 33% of total damage- same as the top damager (Mesa) on my team and outdamaging the 2 other frames. 

with this, Ember can keep up, and is up to par. players just need info on how to build her 4 and maintain it with practice 

the problem isn't her latest nerf 

the problem is how weak fire damage is in warframe 

• Like 5

Surely you wouldn't take this entirely anecdotal situation and make such a grand claim based on it?

If you were anyone else I'd call you a troll, and label the thread bait. Unfortunately, I know that it is not, which is far more concerning imo.

Then again, maybe I'm so drunk that I'm imagining this thread. That seems plausible.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, (PS4)theHOPPER243 said:

the problem isn't her latest nerf 

the problem is how weak fire damage is in warframe 

The problem is people not understanding how to use her properly. Use Ignis Wraith, Condition Overload, and other combinations with Ember while using her buffs and you will see awesome results.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, makdonalds said:

No .. just no you can't possibly think u can deal any damage near to a Mesa if she's actually trying to deal damage, also you are made of glass Mesa can tank shots.

You have to account too that this was me trying to do well on a sortie 

If this setup tries to do well on regular missions it becomes overkill.

I have to actually slow down Ember on regular missions for others to enjoy!   

Edited by cheliel

il y a 14 minutes, DeMonkey a dit :

Then again, maybe I'm so drunk that I'm imagining this thread. That seems plausible.

We are starting to see the true extend of your power.

Creating an account and a thread out of a druken thought.

Edited by angias

19 minutes ago, DatCanadien said:

1.5Energy/sec for 800 fire dmg in a 13m radius does not sound like good to me

It doesn’t have to sound good for it to actually work lol. 800 “sounds” little because it doesn’t count all 5 targets automatically being hit!

With practice, one can learn to keep wof on and parkour around to hit things (effectively adding range via parkour) while getting orbs 

Equipping Artax and following its lead helps one become a mobile Ember

Edited by cheliel

As someone who has used a lot of Ember, she is more powerful than most give her credit for... but I don't know if I'd describe her as "up to par", depending on what you mean by that.

First off, don't build around WoF. It does its job decently regardless of build. Build around Accelerant, and include the augment. The aug doesn't affect WoF, but it doesn't matter because its basic effect is more powerful for abilities. The aug is there for Fireball and buffing squad gun damage which is further amped by Accelerant (assuming it doesn't combo). Besides, you should only be using WoF for burst damage or extending Accelerant's CC. It should remain off until needed, and canceled as soon as you regain control of the situation.

Ember needs changes. For one, Accelerant should adjust an enemy's resistance to fire damage, not multiply incoming fire damage. She also needs a new 3. Fire Blast is essentially an AOE blast proc that costs 75 energy. Awful. Plus it's ugly. Rework suggestion below.

Spoiler

Passive: Fire resistance, if any, of enemies within 10m of Ember is dropped to 0%.

World on Fire: No longer deals damage. (Stop, listen, there's a good reason for this. It still does what the current ability does, but in a different way.) Channel fire sprites that surround Ember. Fire sprites will seek surrounding enemies, knocking them down with a pillar of flame. While active, Ember's other three abilities become Ascended and receive additional effects.

Fireball: The lingering AOE deals its damage to all enemies in its radius per-second, but only 3 can coexist; additional Fireballs overwrite previous ones. Charging Fireball will launch three Fireballs at 2x damage apiece, and can benefit from cast combo (combo timer pauses while charging).

Ascended: Cast cooldown removed. Now a semi-auto ability that fires as fast as you can mash the button. Uses combo cost reduction/damage multiplier of abilities like Landslide and Rhino Charge. Flight speed increased by 50%. Enemies affected by Accelerant have a 25% chance to drop an energy orb when killed by an Ascended Fireball.

Fireball Frenzy: The impact AOE and lingering AOE gain the ability to confer the effect.

Accelerant: Instead of an incoming damage multiplier, fire resistance of affected targets is reduced by 250%. This applies to the highest layer health type (armor/shields before health). If the highest layer health type is removed, it will be inherited by the next health type. Ability is otherwise unchanged.

Ascended: Affected enemies receive 800 base fire damage when hit by WoF's fire sprites. This damage receives all the benefits of Accelerant.

Flash Accelerant: Damage added by Flash Accelerant will not combine with combo elements, and will not create combo elements. It has an isolated 25% status chance, and will no longer interfere with proc distribution or damage types on your weapon. These properties also apply to Fireball Frenzy. (Upside: Doesn't mess up your damage types, always benefits from Accelerant debuff. Downside: Less useful for Eidolons.)

Fire Blast: Cost reduced to 50 energy. Create a spinning column of fire in front of Ember. The column is stationary with a 6m diameter and deals 800 damage per second to enemies inside or in contact with it. The column's heat is intense enough to refract lasers and incinerate ammunition passing through it. Recasting overwrites the previous column.

Ascended: The column will move forward from its point of origin at a speed of 4 meters/sec.

Fire Fright: Enemies within 18m of Fire Blast's perimeter have a 25% chance each second to Panic and become Disarmed.

Edited by (PS4)BlitzKeir
  • Like 1

On 2018-12-31 at 5:14 PM, cheliel said:

I know this is a this is a troll post but okay let's play,  first no you have 0 damage on that excuse of a build, so yeah nice DPS right there, second against a mesa?  don't be delusional, unless that mesa was afk or just plain dont giving a crap, third anti-squishy combo is a meme by this point, have fun surviving 1 hit kills in valis with that also did I mention the amazing amounts of armor you add to your "build", fourth stop trolling for the sake of making more of a fool of yourself.

Edited by -NightmareMoon-

On 2018-12-31 at 6:21 PM, Voltage said:

The problem is people not understanding how to use her properly. Use Ignis Wraith, Condition Overload, and other combinations with Ember while using her buffs and you will see awesome results.

Using any of these things with any frame would yield awesome results. It doesn't mean that ember was good, it just means the ignis wraith and condition overload are a good weapon and a powerful mod.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, birdobash said:

Using any of these things with any frame would yield awesome results. It doesn't mean that ember was good, it just means the ignis wraith and condition overload are a good weapon and a powerful mod.

^ People have difficulties understanding this. Ignis Wraith and CO are overpowered you could have literally done the same on any warframe and get equally good result.

• Like 3

Any frame is sortie viable given the right setup.  The problem people have with ember is she's just not meeting the player fantasy that is envisioned.  That and she feels woefully dated compared to pretty much any other frame out there.  Only frame I could say that feels more dated than her at this point would be trinity.

• Like 1

On 2018-12-31 at 11:35 PM, angias said:

We are starting to see the true extend of your power.

Creating an account and a thread out of a druken thought.

Whilst I'm thoroughly impressed with myself for such a feat, it does beg the question... why would I do such a thing?

What madness has driven me to this?

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

Whilst I'm thoroughly impressed with myself for such a feat, it does beg the question... why would I do such a thing?

What madness has driven me to this?

to feed into the cycle of having content for you to sass at?

On 2018-12-31 at 3:21 PM, Voltage said:

I'm reminded of debates in the Fire Emblem fandom. "Grinding does not make bad units good, grinding destroys the game's difficulty curve and makes you win regardless of what you actually bring" (context: grinding in FE is completely different to grinding in WF)

Replace "fire emblem grinding" with "Ignis + CO", and you have Warframe

• Like 1