Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember is up to par

cheliel

3 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Any frame is sortie viable given the right setup.  The problem people have with ember is she's just not meeting the player fantasy that is envisioned.  That and she feels woefully dated compared to pretty much any other frame out there.  Only frame I could say that feels more dated than her at this point would be trinity.

While that's true, yet Trinity scales both as a damage dealer, debuffer and as a support.

Only needs a rework to Well of Life to give ability strength and health only as a side effect and extending Link-s base duration and the frame would be pretty much perfect.

3 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Whilst I'm thoroughly impressed with myself for such a feat, it does beg the question... why would I do such a thing?

What madness has driven me to this?

I didn't think you needed a reason. Like Spiderman, your forum senses start tingling and you just instinctively react? :laugh: 

This once again boils down to what people want to do. As some one who loves ember and used to play her 90% i can assure you that you can't take her into mot solo and rely just on her 4. Trust me i tried all kind of builds, tanky, utility you name it i tried it, but past sortie level you better of with other frames that can do what she does better.

I understand why they nerfed her ( kind of) but what i dont understand why they did not nerf Nox as she does the same if not more damage.

I love my Ember (esp if there are some fire hazards around) and yet... what was Mesa doing?

Was she lagging?

Did she botched her dynamic entrance, slipped and spent the mission unconscious?

Was it a spy mission and Mesa run past enemies to the objective?

Edit: Rejuvenation... on Ember. Invest in Magus Elevate if you have such problems with surviving, stop adding Vazarin polarity to every frame! Why, justehyohwhy...

Dear @DeMonkey, the amount of bait you spawned in this 2 days with your reality warping powers? Please, slow down, the year is just barely started!

Edited by rand0mname

On 2018-12-31 at 4:53 PM, cheliel said:

With the efficiency and duration stack suggested in OP it’s  fine 

That and the fact that you just turn on her 4 and leave it on. You dont worry about stacks, aiming, or anything, there should be SOME downside for an ability like that especially considering how hard she can cheese anything under level, I dont know, 40?

To respond to comments without quoting:

I did not forma for rejuvenation alone, I go with blank forma which is better for all frames anyway since it opens up all possibilities

The downside for her new 4 is you have to know to build for both efficiency AND duration or you’ll get drained.

The stack suggestion in OP keeps drain minimal I just turn it on and parkour for more energy orbs 

If my Mesa messed up I would be top damage dealer, and what about the remaining squad members we outdps? Face it- if you look at Ember in the end her damage numbers are up to par. 

1 hour ago, cheliel said:

To respond to comments without quoting:

I did not forma for rejuvenation alone, I go with blank forma which is better for all frames anyway since it opens up all possibilities

The downside for her new 4 is you have to know to build for both efficiency AND duration or you’ll get drained.

The stack suggestion in OP keeps drain minimal I just turn it on and parkour for more energy orbs 

If my Mesa messed up I would be top damage dealer, and what about the remaining squad members we outdps? Face it- if you look at Ember in the end her damage numbers are up to par. 

Im convinced you're a troll, honestly. Using a pugged sortie run where you have just as much chance of running into a competent player as you do someone who eats glue, as a metric to gauge how useful ember is, is laughably useless.

This, combined with your "anti-squishy combo" (must be trolling, it's trash and your frame will be 1 shot by a sortie level bombard), there is no way you aren't fishing for responses.

• Like 1

On 2018-12-31 at 3:14 PM, cheliel said:

kept 4 on, rolled around for orbs and did 33% of total damage- same as the top damager (Mesa) on my team and outdamaging the 2 other frames

How did your #kills compare?

I'd expect your %damage to be high, but that's not necessarily a meaningful contribution. 

17 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

How did your #kills compare?

I'd expect your %damage to be high, but that's not necessarily a meaningful contribution. 

I guarantee you what happened was it was a rescue sortie and the mesa bullet jumped all the way to the cells and turned on peacemakers maybe once to kill an enemy or 2, whilst our resident troll here turned on his 4 and made sure he was doing constant aoe damage. The other 2 squad mates probably melee'd a mob or 2.

So I'm sure the total kill count was under 20, because no one was trying to kill anything anyway.

Ember is on par hurrrrrr.

Another metric then- youtubers 

I mained Ember so I watched her YT vids

Found only 2 that will claim she’s not viable on higher levels and they mean high, as in endurance 

If you count only 2 YTers in many Ember vids saying she’s ok, that’s a good survey of her performance 

Ember can be good, the problem is just that there is no real reason to bring her over Saryn, Rev, Frost, Octavia, Nezha, Mesa or any other frame with great AoE and/or damage buffs. Her accelerant + heat based weapon build is good, there just happens to be frames that can do the same and slightly better and not be locked into a certain (weak) damage type for that matter.

27 minutes ago, cheliel said:

Another metric then- youtubers 

I mained Ember so I watched her YT vids

Found only 2 that will claim she’s not viable on higher levels and they mean high, as in endurance 

If you count only 2 YTers in many Ember vids saying she’s ok, that’s a good survey of her performance 

giphy.gif

And if you know how to try hard Ember and then go back to just regular stuff like relic farm or other routine, Ember can be more than just good- like 50% of team damage was Ember’s on my last Sedna run.

So once you streamline your Ember your star chart stats becomes excellent- that for me makes up for her poor high lvl dmg

35 minutes ago, cheliel said:

that for me makes up for her poor high lvl dmg

No no Chel, first you were saying that her high level damage is up to par by referencing Sorties, suddenly it's just her star chart damage that is okay, and "makes up for her poor high level damage". You're now explicitly stating that her high level damage is not up to par.

What's the point in making a thread if you're just going to contradict yourself when we're only 2 pages in...

Whilst others may call you a troll, I know that isn't the case. You come across as someone trying too hard to be a bit mysterious, a trendsetter, someone who knows things others may not. Like a cringey psychic really, it's not working I'm afraid.

Edited by DeMonkey
  • Like 1

Just now, cheliel said:

how many surveys did you make DE monkey? 

Why on Earth would I need to make one?

I'm pointing out where you contradict yourself. In your own words "poor high lvl dmg".

You cannot argue that her damage is up to par at "high" levels (with a WoF build no less), and then later refer to the damage as poor at "high" levels. It's paradoxical, both statements cannot exist as fact, thus you have contradicted yourself.

I don't need a survey for that, just a basic understanding of English.

I also played and mained Ember in both PS4 and PC by the way 

the survey of YTers is more objective than evidence in OP I have to admit 

so there I provided my background, my evidence and the many online vids you can gather and survey for yourself 

• Like 1

Just now, cheliel said:

the survey of YTers is more objective than evidence in OP I have to admit 

so there I provided my background, my evidence and the many online vids you can gather and survey for yourself 

"youtubers" opinions are rarely the final say, let alone worth listening to.

Most of them are simulacrum babies who test things with invincibility on and then say "oh yeah this is best tier, etc"

Why are you hard stuck on not only defending a frame who is made literally obsolete in her only purpose by equinox, but insisting that shes more than niche, and that she can even perform in high level play.

Ember is a relic of OG Warframe design, and its appallingly apparent that she doesnt have a place in the game anymore with her kit being what it is, ala vauban.

You can enjoy using a frame that isnt meta, or even particularly decent at anything non star chart, you dont have to lie to others and yourself to do it.

12 minutes ago, cheliel said:

Sigh

No you don't. 

You've been fangirling over Mag for as long as you've been posting on the forums, as proven by your profile.

Monkey knows all and sees all.

1 hour ago, Sovereign991 said:

I guarantee you what happened was it was a rescue sortie and the mesa bullet jumped all the way to the cells and turned on peacemakers maybe once to kill an enemy or 2, whilst our resident troll here turned on his 4 and made sure he was doing constant aoe damage. The other 2 squad mates probably melee'd a mob or 2.

So I'm sure the total kill count was under 20, because no one was trying to kill anything anyway.

Ember is on par hurrrrrr.

Yeah, something along those lines is what I'd expect based on the OP's description.  I mean, I often get top damage in rescues and sabotage with nothing but Nezha's fire trail.