Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember is up to par

cheliel

2 минуты назад, BornWithTeeth сказал:

Oh, because my clan aren't super active so I don't often have squads to Eidolon hunt with. I solo cap Terry and Garry every now and then, mind, but it's a bit of a pain in the bum.

Someone responded to a nitpick with a perfectly reasonable explanation? I have no words.

And yeh, regular solo hunts are not fun at all. But I suspect that in a year or two Operators power creep will turn Terry, Garry and Harry into Grustrag 3.

11 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

This is an incredible niche and restrictive build, that shows all the problems Ember has.

As far as I can tell this is a pure melee fighter build, that relies on multiple elemental procs from FA & Lightning Dash to fuel Condition Overload. This setup works decently with melee but struggles as soon as you switch to guns, as your negative efficiency will limit your casts and you need to periodicaly take damage and heal, to be effective. Furthermore, it is a tunnel vision Accelerant build that gimps all other abilities (not that they are needed). The point is, if a frame relies only on one ability, there is problem.

So, you build your Ember as a melee cenetered tank, despite her having almost no affinity for this palystyle. I already had a discussion with other player, who had the same idea; your build is definitely more refined and functional though. Never the less I will say to you, the same I said at that time: you could build Mag the exact same way and the only difference would be Flash Accelerant. Volt has affinty for this palystyle and will be 10 times more effective

Sadly, while I don't think you're 100% on the ball with your assessment*, you're definitely upwards of 90% right. Ember is in dire need of a new passive and an ulti that DE will allow to be actually functional.

*This build is highly effective and murderises the hell out of everything up to about level 120, 140, but then kinda hits the wall.

1 minute ago, cheliel said:

That build could use Rejuvenation + Coaction drift, with the Vitality + Vigor  

It’s worth a try

You know, I admire how dedicated you are to this particular comedy skit, I really do.

That said, the build has something at least a dozen times better than that going for it, my man.

This is my Nikana.

kAQYzs2.jpg

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

:facepalm:

it might work pretty good with nidus lol

3 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

You know, I admire how dedicated you are to this particular comedy skit, I really do.

That said, the build has something at least a dozen times better than that going for it, my man.

This is my Nikana.

kAQYzs2.jpg

good build, I am not going brag over it, but I have a zaw do katana stance and it do differently from yours, but at lest it work.

7 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Sadly, while I don't think you're 100% on the ball with your assessment*, you're definitely upwards of 90% right. Ember is in dire need of a new passive and an ulti that DE will allow to be actually functional.

*This build is highly effective and murderises the hell out of everything up to about level 120, 140, but then kinda hits the wall.

I wopuld say #3 is more broken than #4, as Fireblast is basicaly rescinned Accelerant and covers almost the same functions. While I do not struggle that much with killing, my Ember is not as focused on defense in favor of general useability, so that survivability becomes an issue: https://imgur.com/WSrYASm

1 minute ago, ShortCat said:

I wopuld say #3 is more broken than #4, as Fireblast is basicaly rescinned Accelerant and covers almost the same functions. While I do not struggle that much with killing, my Ember is not as focused on defense in favor of general useability, so that survivability becomes an issue: https://imgur.com/WSrYASm

Ok, fair, a new passive plus replacing either her 3 or her 4 would be for the best.

About the Exilus slot, I'm too addicted to the insanely enhanced jumps. The mobility so good, soooo good.

12 hours ago, kgabor said:

While that's true, yet Trinity scales both as a damage dealer, debuffer and as a support.

Only needs a rework to Well of Life to give ability strength and health only as a side effect and extending Link-s base duration and the frame would be pretty much perfect.

I should clarify.  I'm not saying that her kit needs new/different abilities.  I'm saying mechanically how they're done is incredibly old and they should be behaving more like current day stuff.

I don't have a good solution to make link/bless feel less clunky/dated.  But I wanted to make both well of life and energy vampire effected enemies to become pillars that constantly do their effect.  TLDR of energy changes would be the target becomes invulnerable and constantly trickles out energy in it's AoE.  allies/trinity shooting it will make this happen faster.  When the target has lost all of it's health it continues to do this unless the duration runs out or trinity ends the ability.  Bonus energy is applied at this time to all allies and said amount of bonus energy is increased depending on how many allies damaged the target before it died.

TLDR of the well of health changes would be target becomes invulnerable and healing is done in waves instead of trickling out.  Shooting the target increases the frequency of the waves.  Allies/trinity also gain knockdown resist and shorter negative status procs on them in the AoE of the ability.  Enemy aura's have reduced effectiveness while in the AoE.  Once the target loses all of it's health the waves don't come anymore unless you shoot it.  Once the duration runs out or trinity ends the ability bonus health is given again based on how many allies shot the target.

I'm open to changing some of this.  But the main idea was to give trinity a hands off approach whilst increasing interactibility with trinities gameplay and her allies.  As my core issue with her is that she enables her allies gameplay and not really having any of her own.  I gave the health ability some more bonuses to make it sound more attractive to use since blessing was her current heal ability.

Ideally i'd personally like well of life and energy vampire to be rolled into one ability and blessing to lose it's health ability to gain something else along side the damage reduction.  But I wouldn't know what to give as a new ability.  Hence why I decided to just improve well of life instead.  But i'm still not content with how static/boring both link and blessing are.

18 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I'm probably gonna bite the bullet and go and chew through a sh*tload of Terry and Garry solo caps over the next couple weeks, although I'm more looking for Strike and Guardian.

I did the same thing and began doing eidolons solo but found its much easier in pugs even if you're the one carrying everyone since with three other people around all the eidolons attacks and volumnists arent shooting at you.

Just food for thought.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

I should clarify.  I'm not saying that her kit needs new/different abilities.  I'm saying mechanically how they're done is incredibly old and they should be behaving more like current day stuff.

I don't have a good solution to make link/bless feel less clunky/dated.  But I wanted to make both well of life and energy vampire effected enemies to become pillars that constantly do their effect.  TLDR of energy changes would be the target becomes invulnerable and constantly trickles out energy in it's AoE.  allies/trinity shooting it will make this happen faster.  When the target has lost all of it's health it continues to do this unless the duration runs out or trinity ends the ability.  Bonus energy is applied at this time to all allies and said amount of bonus energy is increased depending on how many allies damaged the target before it died.

TLDR of the well of health changes would be target becomes invulnerable and healing is done in waves instead of trickling out.  Shooting the target increases the frequency of the waves.  Allies/trinity also gain knockdown resist and shorter negative status procs on them in the AoE of the ability.  Enemy aura's have reduced effectiveness while in the AoE.  Once the target loses all of it's health the waves don't come anymore unless you shoot it.  Once the duration runs out or trinity ends the ability bonus health is given again based on how many allies shot the target.

I'm open to changing some of this.  But the main idea was to give trinity a hands off approach whilst increasing interactibility with trinities gameplay and her allies.  As my core issue with her is that she enables her allies gameplay and not really having any of her own.  I gave the health ability some more bonuses to make it sound more attractive to use since blessing was her current heal ability.

Ideally i'd personally like well of life and energy vampire to be rolled into one ability and blessing to lose it's health ability to gain something else along side the damage reduction.  But I wouldn't know what to give as a new ability.  Hence why I decided to just improve well of life instead.  But i'm still not content with how static/boring both link and blessing are.

The panic heal from Bless is unique to the frame and a few other frames already have a heal over time, anyways that's not what i would change, it's useful, if anything i would add all the healing to Bless and leave all the non-survivability related buffs to Well of Life, i would add an ability strength buff with a scaling mechanic that would ramp up faster on melee and headshot kills similarly to Harrow. (but not entirely since Trinity can also be built for meleeing and work great with a channeling melee)

Link could be increased to twice its base duration with an increased energy cost and i guess most people still wouldn't use it with the usual EV spam builds, anyways for me it would fix the issue where you have to spam it every 20-30 or so seconds and it wouldn't bother me it's not an one handed ability, i have a feeling if they made it a toggle with an energy drain they would manage to break it so much not even the most hardcore Trinity fans would use it anymore.

But as long as WoL would still allow for instaheals as it does now, that would be good too as a healing ability instead of Bless but that would, again lead to spamming because the instaheal and damage reduction combo from Bless is simply better than hitting a button for a near insta and another for the buff, which is why i would keep Bless as is instead.

On 2018-12-31 at 5:14 PM, cheliel said:

Today’s sortie I took Ember with:

1 Fleeting expertise + Streamline for efficiency 

2 Augur message + Constitution for duration  

3 Stretch + Augur Reach for range 

all “stacks” building for WOF.

with my signature anti-squishy combo:  Rejuvenation + Coaction + Vitality for survival

kept 4 on, rolled around for orbs and did 33% of total damage- same as the top damager (Mesa) on my team and outdamaging the 2 other frames. 

with this, Ember can keep up, and is up to par. players just need info on how to build her 4 and maintain it with practice 

If u can squeeze rolling guard in... I find that helps immensely.