Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)SoulStealer_1987

So Ticker might have a new friend...

So I was just out of a bounty on Fortuna. It went great, my squad and I got all the bonuses (somehow), and we parted ways happily. I wanted to check how much more SU standing I could get today (y'know, trying to get up to Old Mate) so I fast-traveled to Ticker. The whole time I was talking to her, there were these weird noises going on in the background. I finished up with Ticker, turned around, and saw... one of the spider thingies. Not the really big one, not one of the really tiny ones. I looked it up on the wiki and it's apparently called a Scyto Raknoid so there's that.

But!! There was an enemy, in the middle of Fortuna (Fortuna 69 if any of y'all were wondering, it's still alive on PS4), that was apparently stuck and just chilling. Nobody responded when I asked the rest of the relay if they could see this thingy, so I'm assuming it's just my own bug... spider. It didn't attack, it just kept running back and forth between an elevator that... I suspect goes up to the fabled "Backroom" I've heard rumors about, and Ticker. It wouldn't go down the stairs, it didn't come with me when I fast-traveled to our friend Biz, it just stayed up there. 

Ticker didn't audibly say anything about the spider that had apparently made herself at home, but she did shrug when I looked at her. So I think she's cool with her spider buddy.

Here's some pictures and a short video I took before logging off.

Anyway, lorewise I have no idea how this thing got into Fortuna or why she's not attacking anyone, but anyway Ticker has a new friend now and it's kinda cute. :)

Spoiler

You will find out more when you got his fragments... but then it also didn't say much. So say like no say. lol

9 hours ago, (PS4)SoulStealer_1987 said:

So I think she's cool with her spider buddy.

Ticker is a classic queen.

9 hours ago, (PS4)SoulStealer_1987 said:

So I was just out of a bounty on Fortuna. It went great, my squad and I got all the bonuses (somehow), and we parted ways happily. I wanted to check how much more SU standing I could get today (y'know, trying to get up to Old Mate) so I fast-traveled to Ticker. The whole time I was talking to her, there were these weird noises going on in the background. I finished up with Ticker, turned around, and saw... one of the spider thingies. Not the really big one, not one of the really tiny ones. I looked it up on the wiki and it's apparently called a Scyto Raknoid so there's that.

But!! There was an enemy, in the middle of Fortuna (Fortuna 69 if any of y'all were wondering, it's still alive on PS4), that was apparently stuck and just chilling. Nobody responded when I asked the rest of the relay if they could see this thingy, so I'm assuming it's just my own bug... spider. It didn't attack, it just kept running back and forth between an elevator that... I suspect goes up to the fabled "Backroom" I've heard rumors about, and Ticker. It wouldn't go down the stairs, it didn't come with me when I fast-traveled to our friend Biz, it just stayed up there. 

Ticker didn't audibly say anything about the spider that had apparently made herself at home, but she did shrug when I looked at her. So I think she's cool with her spider buddy.

Here's some pictures and a short video I took before logging off.

Anyway, lorewise I have no idea how this thing got into Fortuna or why she's not attacking anyone, but anyway Ticker has a new friend now and it's kinda cute. 🙂

similar thing happened to me yeasterday in the backroom but there were just 2 small spiders running around attacking me.

5 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Old-Mate Standing Rankup Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

You get to know the Solaris better at Old-Mate; ticker is revealed to be a guy.

Ticker does refer to herself as female in her shop dialogue ("That's where Ticker comes in, ray of sunshine that she is"), so I'll go with that for now. :) I'll admit I haven't gotten up to Old Mate yet and I'm trying to stay away from too much in the way of spoilers, though.

5 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Old-Mate Standing Rankup Spoiler

Hide contents

You get to know the Solaris better at Old-Mate; ticker is revealed to be a guy.

Spoilers for same reason.

Spoiler

Actually, she's trans. She refers to herself as 'she' in several voice lines.

For example: "Don't matter to Nef one whit if you're an engineer or a lowly thrower. You owe, you go. That's where Ticker comes in, ray of sunshine that she is."

"Modification's a strange bird, Stardust. It happens, and you think you've lost yourself. I was my arms, I was my legs, I was that person. But, live with it long enough, truth is the only thing you didn't really lose was precisely who you are. Ain't nothin' left but what's behind your eyes. So you make sure that's beautiful. And Ticker... mmm mmm. She loves her some beauty."

So yeah. Seems that getting modified may have made her realise she's female. So that's neat.

2 hours ago, kyori said:
  Reveal hidden contents

You will find out more when you got his fragments... but then it also didn't say much. So say like no say. lol

As far as I'm aware, the memory fragments aren't on PS4 yet, unfortunately. I haven't read them myself, but I've heard Ticker's is sad. (Actually, I've heard all of them are sad so I'll have to prepare myself mentally.)

2 hours ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

Ticker is a classic queen.

She is and we love her. Now she has a pet spider! (I logged back in and went back to Fortuna just now, the spider's gone unfortunately but I choose to believe it's just hanging around in the back somewhere, there's no way what we see of Fortuna is the whole place.)

13 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Spoilers for same reason.

Reveal hidden contents

Actually, she's trans. She refers to herself as 'she' in several voice lines.

For example: "Don't matter to Nef one whit if you're an engineer or a lowly thrower. You owe, you go. That's where Ticker comes in, ray of sunshine that she is."

"Modification's a strange bird, Stardust. It happens, and you think you've lost yourself. I was my arms, I was my legs, I was that person. But, live with it long enough, truth is the only thing you didn't really lose was precisely who you are. Ain't nothin' left but what's behind your eyes. So you make sure that's beautiful. And Ticker... mmm mmm. She loves her some beauty."

So yeah. Seems that getting modified may have made her realise she's female. So that's neat.

That is neat. I know I probably spend as much time hanging out around Ticker as I do Biz or Eudico--when I actually have credits that is! 😛

4 hours ago, (PS4)SoulStealer_1987 said:

She is and we love her. Now she has a pet spider! (I logged back in and went back to Fortuna just now, the spider's gone unfortunately but I choose to believe it's just hanging around in the back somewhere, there's no way what we see of Fortuna is the whole place.)

Dude. Queen is a slang term for gay male.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

Dude. Queen is a slang term for gay male.

In that case, Ticker is not a queen, because she clearly refers to herself as female in multiple dialogue options. I didn't post this topic to argue over Ticker, though. I posted it to talk about the spider.

Just now, (PS4)SoulStealer_1987 said:

In that case, Ticker is not a queen, because she clearly refers to herself as female in multiple dialogue options. I didn't post this topic to argue over Ticker, though. I posted it to talk about the spider.

K. You’re just being dense.

Ticker refers to herself in he third person as female. There should be no arguing the point.

Now lets steer the thread back on track and see who else has had a random enemy follow them into Fortuna? I've heard of this bug before but have not seen it myself.

Personally, I didn't get attached to any of the Fortuna characters because they all seem like the bad guys. Ticker would be like 20% cooler if he actually had a pet spider though, those mecha-spiders are super cute. Nothing's cooler than a robot dude riding on his mecha-spider~ Dang, now I want one as a companion. 

People have pointed out enemies in Fortuna before. I have no idea why/how it happens, but it's not an unwelcome bug. 😄
It's kinda unfortunate that it didn't attack people though. Would be entertaining to have an enemy attacking everyone while they can't fight back. Like the good ol' Falador Massacre. 

Happened to me a couple weeks ago. A couple raknoids were hanging out in fortuna.

Spoiler