Stealth Kill mechanics and [maybe] status weapons

Fleuria

Recently, I have noticed that a lot of potential stealth kills reset the stealth counter. I suspect it's because I have been using a high status weapon, but that is just a guess.

For example, shooting a corpus camera while invisible, but lots of other examples.

Anyways: I think that opponents should not become "instantly alert" during an attack.

Melee stealth kills, for example, take time and the enemy you are killing does not become alert during the stealth kill animation. So whatever the shortest animation is - or even a fraction of that duration - maybe make enemies take that long to go to alert status? Or: if they die before then even if they were alerted, maybe that could still be a stealth kill?

Correct me if I'm wrong, stealth kill should only counts on someone else not noticing it even if he/she aware they're about to be killed? If so I like the idea, but considering how spacious between patrol group, map and the exp multiplier would make it easier to abuse (easier than Adaro I mean)?

Oh, of course, yes: if you kill an alerted enemy, you do not get stealth kill credit AND your stealth kill multiplier gets reset.

To get maximum stealth kill credit, you need to make a sequence of *only* stealth kills, without any other kills, and always less than 30 seconds apart.

But having that counter get reset because you killed an enemy who was not aware of your presence AND who was not alerted because the alerting mechanics are wonky? We are not talking about mechanics abuse here - we are talking about mechanics which have become incomprehensible.

Edit:  Er... I *am* assuming fully stealthed weapons here. I guess firing noise has to take effect instantly for stealth mechanics...

Edited by Fleuria