Most enjoyable "underpowered" weapons

(PSN)tissot555

I have a god tier riven for the Panthera and it makes using it with Mag super fun. That thing has the most ridiculous slash procs and punch thru. its like 265% damage, 126% status chance and 3.8 punch thru with a nagative ammo maximum. 

I also really like the Drakgoon. It can eitherbe used as gnarly flak cannon or essentially a bow with its charge mechanic. 

I've been using the Opticor lately too. Although it isn't underpowered by any means and is popular for Eidolon hunts, I rarely see it used in regular missions. That thing decimates tightly grouped enemies. 

I just got a decent riven for the Paris too. 176% crit chance, 208% Damage but -67% Puncture. The negative Puncture is kinda lame, wish it was Impact but that has me wanting to use the Paris Prime a lot more lol. 

So rivens, for me, are working as intended. They incentivize using weapons I normally wouldn't. 

• Like 1

Weapons I really like to be honest is the Cassowar and the Zylok. 

The cassowar being a pretty decent status weapon means with my slash up, and attack speed riven makes it an amazing stat stick, and CO weapon.

and the Zylok because it's fun to use, it's the only duplex gun I like really.

Edited by (PS4)OccultSif

I know a guy who swears by Seer.

Personally, I have a few gimmick builds, including a fire rate/multishot Wraith Twin Vipers. It would fire 288 bullets per second if not for reloading. Dumps the entire ammo reserve in about 6 seconds, but lv150 corrupted heavy gunner still gets away with hardly a scratch. (Pre-buff, anyway. Haven't pulled it out since the balance pass.)

I also have a gimmick Prisma Angstrum with as much mag capacity and multishot as I could stuff on it... for use only with Mirage. Make it rain explosions. Shockingly, it can kill things up to around lv60.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, z3us32610 said:

I have a god tier riven for the Panthera and it makes using it with Mag super fun. That thing has the most ridiculous slash procs and punch thru. its like 265% damage, 126% status chance and 3.8 punch thru with a nagative ammo maximum. 

I also really like the Drakgoon. It can eitherbe used as gnarly flak cannon or essentially a bow with its charge mechanic. 

I've been using the Opticor lately too. Although it isn't underpowered by any means and is popular for Eidolon hunts, I rarely see it used in regular missions. That thing decimates tightly grouped enemies. 

I just got a decent riven for the Paris too. 176% crit chance, 208% Damage but -67% Puncture. The negative Puncture is kinda lame, wish it was Impact but that has me wanting to use the Paris Prime a lot more lol. 

So rivens, for me, are working as intended. They incentivize using weapons I normally wouldn't. 

I totally agree with you; I love rivens. 

• Like 1

Lenz and Falcor. Both of these Weapons can kill me but using them at Sortie down and affecting a group of enemies getting Vaporized or killed from them is satisfying imo. Btw, i have a Riven for the Lenz and when i tested with with Gas against the Zarr with the same Elemental Combo but with no Riven while the enemies in the Simulacrum were affect by Garuda’s 4th, Zarr did better for KPS. But i still play Lenz more often.

1 hour ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

I know a guy who swears by Seer.

Personally, I have a few gimmick builds, including a fire rate/multishot Wraith Twin Vipers. It would fire 288 bullets per second if not for reloading. Dumps the entire ammo reserve in about 6 seconds, but lv150 corrupted heavy gunner still gets away with hardly a scratch. (Pre-buff, anyway. Haven't pulled it out since the balance pass.)

I also have a gimmick Prisma Angstrum with as much mag capacity and multishot as I could stuff on it... for use only with Mirage. Make it rain explosions. Shockingly, it can kill things up to around lv60.

I swear by my Seer. I got an unranked god roll cause people in chat said it was S#&$e. It hits like a truck and looks great. It’s not great for anything end game like but it’s my baby.

Big fan of Buzlok, Panthera and Cernos Prime for the vertical/horizontal swap function. 

Shaku. 

Primed: fever strike, pressure point,  heavy trauma

Riven with +range, speed,  sliding critical

-status duration

Shattering impact

Blood rush

Collision force

On Atlas it incredibly reliable as petrified enemies are immune to status, but the range, speed, raw damage output, and armor stripping quickly builds up and wipes even some of the most difficult enemies. 

With just enough range you can hit security cameras while swinging from standing position. 

The quick melee stance allows you to run at top speed while swinging. 

I use to run a berserker & critical damage build on  speecLoki p,  it has low cc but it attacks so fast that it's guarantee of critical often. And it was enough to breeze past literally everything without slowing down..  But that was focus 1.0 when Naramon provided stupid OP invisibility crap. 

Edited by (NSW)Evilpricetag

the veldt, the sobek (with acid shells), the ogris, the hema, the bo, the akstilettos, the castanas, the viper, the hystrix, the ankyros, dual zoren, arca titron (seismic wave+iron vault build), dark split-sword, Panthera, synoid heliocor, akbronco prime and the braton prime.

Drakgoon and Secura Penta. With most frames they're.... okay, but jesus christ when you use mag.

I also enjoy bringing underpowered weapons like non prime bronco, mk1 paris, mk1 braton etc, mall ninja the mighty tits out of them and adding chroma to the mix; because the worst guns still hit pretty hard when they deal 8 times the damage.

I still dream of the day when i figure out how to use the stug without developing subarachnoid hemorrhage. One day, you piece of shi