Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most enjoyable "underpowered" weapons

(PSN)tissot555

Another weapon I recently revisited and totally fell in love with is the Veldt.  The fire rate is perfect for me, the big magazine / quick reload makes it so pleasant to use, the accuracy is outstanding...and that sound.  Like god's own hunting rifle.  6 forma in, and I built another one just for funsies.

3 hours ago, (XB1)RPColten said:

Grinlok.

Clean and crisp firing design. Supremely accurate and workable stats. It won't clear rooms of enemies but it certainly feels more rewarding to land killing blows.

Oh yeah, I love the Grinlok too for many of the same reasons as the Veldt.  And it looks fantastic.

Although its stats drive me a little crazy, even for the already disadvantaged Slow Semi-Auto Rifle (non-Sniper) Category.  It puzzles me DE didn't give  the Grinlok, Veldt, and Latron  better base crit.  The one that needs it the least--the Latron Wraith--has the most.  And the Grin needs it the most, and has the least.  And even with Deadly Sequence's assistance, has the hardest time getting reliable crits.

Here's hoping for a Grinlok Wraith that corrects this...someday.  In the meantime, what's your build?

funny you know what was never mention in this comment?  Flux Rifle

220?cb=20161126002354

I ask why everyone hate this weapon?  It sux in dmg now because all the nerf.  Now you can make it up if you have riven mod and why would you go with a terrible weapon even thou you have riven mod?  Well...infinite ammo, the cycron the better version and more powerful then the flux rifle (dis-logical power) for this out beat it by sheer fire power dmg and guess what it also has infinite ammo cap which they make sure the both weapon are balance one another by capping the magazine ammo

The build for flux rifle.

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Ryusuta said:

Does the Phage count? Because if so, that. 

I would believe a gun that can melt lines of level 150 enemies like butter in a crematory isn't exactly underpowered...

Wonder why no one mentioned the Zarr though. It's not actually that powerful but it sure is hilarious to see bomblets fly everywhere and possibly kill you

Edited by Guest

Scourge.

The thing is, admittedly, pretty weak, but it's good enough, at least against Grineer. And for what it can't achieve at the very least it can augment the power of my secondary. I rotate a fair bit, Telos Boltor's another fave, as is Battacor (I never see people using it and I remember people saying it was underpowered at launch?) and Imperator Vandal's a recent love, but Scourge is one that I'm glad I managed to make work because man does that thing look GOOD.

Also, shotgun secondaries can do crazy stuff when more of their pellets hit heads. Even at long range. I have sniped with the Twin Rogga using the Scourge before, and man did it feel cool.

12 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

I would believe a gun that can melt lines of level 150 enemies like butter in a crematory isn't exactly underpowered...

Wonder why no one mentioned the Zarr though. It's not actually that powerful but it sure is hilarious to see bomblets fly everywhere and possibly kill you

You'd be surprised.

9 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

No ppl use the zarr, its like...another rocket launcher and we know that weapon as well...220?cb=20150324200739

It just the chance backfiring like the zarr if your not aware of the cannon balls blasting your legs off as well, but they are really fun blasting all over the place which I do have zarr riven mod and I flipping roll with multiple shots for that and dmg for it...its raining cannons ha- oh sorry thinking about a song right there.  For the zarr I do it for a cosplay for pirate which someone else stole my idea using hydroid as a pirate theme...Anyway I do it for fun when I feel like pulling this weapon when i feel like being a pirate.

1 hour ago, ChaoticEdge said:

funny you know what was never mention in this comment?  Flux Rifle

220?cb=20161126002354

I ask why everyone hate this weapon?  It sux in dmg now because all the nerf.  Now you can make it up if you have riven mod and why would you go with a terrible weapon even thou you have riven mod?  Well...infinite ammo, the cycron the better version and more powerful then the flux rifle (dis-logical power) for this out beat it by sheer fire power dmg and guess what it also has infinite ammo cap which they make sure the both weapon are balance one another by capping the magazine ammo

The build for flux rifle.

Hide contents

I have a pretty nasty riven for the flux Rifle with 328.1% damage 311.9% Critical Chance with -35.1% infested damage!

1 hour ago, ChaoticEdge said:

No ppl use the zarr, its like...another rocket launcher and we know that weapon as well...220?cb=20150324200739

It just the chance backfiring like the zarr if your not aware of the cannon balls blasting your legs off as well, but they are really fun blasting all over the place which I do have zarr riven mod and I flipping roll with multiple shots for that and dmg for it...its raining cannons ha- oh sorry thinking about a song right there.  For the zarr I do it for a cosplay for pirate which someone else stole my idea using hydroid as a pirate theme...Anyway I do it for fun when I feel like pulling this weapon when i feel like being a pirate.

Too bad against a nully you risk instant self murder lol