Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rattleguts Not interacting with Mag's bubble

(PSN)BallisticBravoj

Hi DE, i've recently built and guilded a 'rattleguts/lovetap/Splat' kitgun and it's not interacting with Mag's bubble, The projectiles are dissappearing when they contact with the outside of Mag's bubble and dont damage anything at all,,,i have 1.9 mtrs of punch-through an slash/Multishot in my riv and i'm an experienced Mag player so i'm sure it is not working at all,,, i've tested in missions and simulacrom and it is always bugged,, should be easy to replicate... P.S 'Vulcax and Cryota' same problem unsure bout tazicor. Ty and kind regards always, Ballistic 

12 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Why would you use hit-scan on Magnetize?

Any rate. It also doesn't leave bullet holes in walls so I'm thinking some object coding is missing.

Mag's bubble being an object.

I Wouldn't normally use hit-Scan with maggie but hit-Scan still interacts with magnitize (Just not as well obviously) i haddnt noticed the lack of bullet holes in wall's but your defo onto the same issues with rattleguts that i'm getting on ps4,, i'm surprised that p.c build (Current update) (8weeks in front of us ps4 pesants ;)    That this hasn't been raised on the forum b4 now,, thank-you kindly for your input Xzorn,, WE ALL FIX 2GETHER bb

• 3 weeks later...

Mag's bubble typically responds favorably to weapons that emit a projectile. Hitscan weapons do not emit a projectile into the game world, their damage is instantaneous to whatever your reticle happens to be pointed at so you won't see any weapon projectile tracers inside the bubble.This doesn't mean that the damage won't be taken into effect by the bubble when using a hitscan weapon "in theory" but one would need to look at the code of how exactly the bubble is responding to damage by weapon type. The easier way of course would be to just test it thoroughly to see if there is noticeable effect. 

On 2019-01-21 at 11:08 AM, -Pandemic- said:

Mag's bubble typically responds favorably to weapons that emit a projectile. Hitscan weapons do not emit a projectile into the game world, their damage is instantaneous to whatever your reticle happens to be pointed at so you won't see any weapon projectile tracers inside the bubble.This doesn't mean that the damage won't be taken into effect by the bubble when using a hitscan weapon "in theory" but one would need to look at the code of how exactly the bubble is responding to damage by weapon type. The easier way of course would be to just test it thoroughly to see if there is noticeable effect. 

I actually miss when beam weapons were the best for Magnetize. It was a bit overpowered, but was fun seeing hundreds of millions of damage from a single bubble. 

I actually miss when beam weapons were the best for Magnetize. It was a bit overpowered, but was fun seeing hundreds of millions of damage from a single bubble. 

I've been testing Magnetize with a Gaze, Haymaker, Splat kitgun build and it works pretty good.... it's not "great" even with the outstanding riven I have for it, but certainly nothing to scoff at. Testing with 8 level 130 Corrupted Heavy Gunners in a bubble I could dump 2 full magazines into the bubble and kill all 8 gunners when the bubble collapses. Not too shabby for a beam weapon!

I also tested with my Rattleguts, Killstream, Lovetap kitgun and even with a really good riven for it, it pales in comparison.

As far as my secondaries go though, nothing comes close to my Catchmoon, Haymaker, Splat kitgun with this riven for use with Magnetize. Only 1 magazine is needed to inject enough damage into the bubble to kill all 8 gunners!

--Honorable mention---
My Tombfinger, Haymaker, Deepbreath kitgun without a riven mod could take out all 8 gunners with IIRC 2 full magazines shot into the bubble.... not to bad at all!
Edited by -Pandemic-
formatting

19 hours ago, -Pandemic- said:

I've been testing Magnetize with a Gaze, Haymaker, Splat kitgun build and it works pretty good.... it's not "great" even with the outstanding riven I have for it, but certainly nothing to scoff at. Testing with 8 level 130 Corrupted Heavy Gunners in a bubble I could dump 2 full magazines into the bubble and kill all 8 gunners when the bubble collapses. Not too shabby for a beam weapon!

I also tested with my Rattleguts, Killstream, Lovetap kitgun and even with a really good riven for it, it pales in comparison.

As far as my secondaries go though, nothing comes close to my Catchmoon, Haymaker, Splat kitgun with this riven for use with Magnetize. Only 1 magazine is needed to inject enough damage into the bubble to kill all 8 gunners!

--Honorable mention---
My Tombfinger, Haymaker, Deepbreath kitgun without a riven mod could take out all 8 gunners with IIRC 2 full magazines shot into the bubble.... not to bad at all!

It used to be level 200+ would die walking into it, and much higher could be destroyed by the explosion in one hit. Magnetize also used to destroy Nullifier shields on contact instead of the other way around. 

• 3 weeks later...

Guy's while i appreciate your input greatly,, i honestly started this post to report a bug/genuine problem with THE RATTLEGUTS not interacting with magnitize at all. Please try not to confuse the issue at hand as THIS forum is APPARENTLY the only way we as the community are allowed to notify the DEV's of bug's ect, Due to the fact that ZENDESK refuses to pass IMPORTANT info on to DE..  (to busy fixn other account related issues.. fair enough i guess). big ty t everyone all the same k,, BB

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-02-12 at 2:59 AM, (PS4)BallisticBravoj said:

Guy's while i appreciate your input greatly,, i honestly started this post to report a bug/genuine problem with THE RATTLEGUTS not interacting with magnitize at all. Please try not to confuse the issue at hand as THIS forum is APPARENTLY the only way we as the community are allowed to notify the DEV's of bug's ect, Due to the fact that ZENDESK refuses to pass IMPORTANT info on to DE..  (to busy fixn other account related issues.. fair enough i guess). big ty t everyone all the same k,, BB

Sorry, the derail is my fault.