Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Haven't you guys made enough money at this point to have dedicated servers?

_Dan

Ignore all the naysayers, dedicated servers are not as big a deal as these....lets stay "within" the rules and say "people", want you to think. I made a post(as well as probably a hundred others) about this as well and people came with the same uneducated responses. "its expensive", like renting from google or whoever else isnt an option. On my thread a person enlightened me and quite a few others about the multiple options available to DE to improve the game through tons of dedicated server renting options. the option is very much possible and not even expensive, they just refuse to do so.

Oh, and letting people choose wether to host or join does NOT bring us back to where we are now. If i choose to host, guess what, i become host and no longer have to worry abouut being disconnected. How is that back to where we started exactly? If eveeryone is hosting, guess what no one is being dissconnected for failure to connect to host because they are the host.

Either option needs to happen. Until then, Id keep bringing it up and do not support them financially.

3 hours ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

Ignore all the naysayers, dedicated servers are not as big a deal as these....lets stay "within" the rules and say "people", want you to think. I made a post(as well as probably a hundred others) about this as well and people came with the same uneducated responses. "its expensive", like renting from google or whoever else isnt an option. On my thread a person enlightened me and quite a few others about the multiple options available to DE to improve the game through tons of dedicated server renting options. the option is very much possible and not even expensive, they just refuse to do so.

Oh, and letting people choose wether to host or join does NOT bring us back to where we are now. If i choose to host, guess what, i become host and no longer have to worry abouut being disconnected. How is that back to where we started exactly? If eveeryone is hosting, guess what no one is being dissconnected for failure to connect to host because they are the host.

Either option needs to happen. Until then, Id keep bringing it up and do not support them financially.

Don't worry, we 'uneducated' kind of person don't really know the expense of changing the core game mechanics like you 'educated' people who know better. There are a ton of option why not show us one? One that can atleast support player in steam platform, that is 60k concurrent players and about 10k instances 'All over the world'. And don't bring up only 4 peoples instance, the game have to keep track of all enemies HP too. meaning it's like 32 players or 64 players multiplayer per instance.

Also, if you so confident that 'Host' option is the way. If everyone tick that option because everyone don't want to disconnect. Then why not just choose 'Solo' and bedone with it? What the difference? Since you want to be a Host and don't really care if other player can connect/will connect to you or not lol...

1 hour ago, NocheLuz said:

Don't worry, we 'uneducated' kind of person don't really know the expense of changing the core game mechanics like you 'educated' people who know better. There are a ton of option why not show us one? One that can atleast support player in steam platform, that is 60k concurrent players and about 10k instances 'All over the world'. And don't bring up only 4 peoples instance, the game have to keep track of all enemies HP too. meaning it's like 32 players or 64 players multiplayer per instance.

Also, if you so confident that 'Host' option is the way. If everyone tick that option because everyone don't want to disconnect. Then why not just choose 'Solo' and bedone with it? What the difference? Since you want to be a Host and don't really care if other player can connect/will connect to you or not lol...

I did give an example, google(fully read my posts before raging out) But here's another, albeit not my creation;

And I choose to Host because I know my isp doesn't suck and would rather work with others than be a hallway hero jumping everywhere for useless and pointless rewards.

Edit: Core mechanics dont have to be changed to add mechanics, that not even what core mechanics are. Mechanics are the melee 3.0 change thats coming out. Maybe you are what you said you are.Anyway, proof of that is Lunaro, which had(probably has but i doubt that) dedicated servers. Anything else?

Edited by (PS4)whoistimjones

1 minute ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

I did give an example, google(fully read my posts before raging out) But here's another, albeit not my creation;

And I choose to Host because I know my isp doesn't suck and would rather work with others than be a hallway hero jumping everywhere for useless and pointless rewards.

I would say I already read them. But I don't see 'Anything' related to cost-performance or even the cost of the matter. And IDK why you don't link your topic into this discussion... IDK how to rage at nothing lol...

And IDK why you don't tell me the difference between everyone be a host and Solo we have today. Is it because you would think someone might wonder into your squad? Is that what difference?

1 minute ago, NocheLuz said:

I would say I already read them. But I don't see 'Anything' related to cost-performance or even the cost of the matter. And IDK why you don't link your topic into this discussion... IDK how to rage at nothing lol...

And IDK why you don't tell me the difference between everyone be a host and Solo we have today. Is it because you would think someone might wonder into your squad? Is that what difference?

You definitely didn't read it because cost is one of the first things the guy brought up. So since we're lying already, this conversation is over.

Just now, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

You definitely didn't read it because cost is one of the first things the guy brought up. So since we're lying already, this conversation is over.

Huh? are you blind?? I don't even see what type of server he wants and you said he can said the cost... wow... And I already re-read it again 2 times as I'm the one who told him that he needed to included how the platinum would pay for the server cost (and he did obviously).

Obviously, if he did include any cost-performance or the atleast the cost of the server on the topic you link to me. I don't think you can even said it because he only suggest to have dedicated server. And no, he did not provide any information about server he want either? Who's lying here?

On 2019-01-01 at 6:36 AM, _Dan said:

the amount of 

'Connection to Host Has Been Lost' 

lost resources/hours of my life at this point is becoming really ridiculous.  I live in Asia and alot of people don't really have the best internet here,thankfully I'm not one of those people and have a good connection. Doesn't mean a damn thing with this terrible p2p host system you have. I have at least 5-6 ' host Migrations' every time I play, and Don't want to be subjected to a really S#&$ty dudes internet every time i go into the planes or fortuna. It's really becoming a huge issue and making this game massively undesirable to play for me.

At the very least,  please give us the option to choose if we want to always be the host... Is that possible? 

The head of DE made 3 mil $ 2018 , you do the math .

11 hours ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

Ignore all the naysayers, dedicated servers are not as big a deal as these....lets stay "within" the rules and say "people", want you to think. I made a post(as well as probably a hundred others) about this as well and people came with the same uneducated responses. "its expensive"

Because it IS expensive. Best get that through your thick skull mate.

Price and maintenance cost are pretty big reasons to not do it, how ever there is a second one, Infrastructure both server and game. Does the server support the game's Infrastructure and does the game support the server Infrastructure.

But hey, it's just easier to declare the other side teh uneducated bad guys.

11 hours ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

If eveeryone is hosting, guess what no one is being dissconnected for failure to connect to host because they are the host

That's called "playing solo". 

1 hour ago, Spectre-8 said:

So you're suggesting that James Schmalz is worth over $3 million Canadian? Shouldn't be too hard for you to double check that if it's true, right? 

3 hours ago, Spectre-8 said:

What has that got to do with ANYTHING?

Chief Executives' total earnings often have very little to do with how much profit a company makes.

You DO know he owns a substantial number of shares in the company. For all you know most of that money could have come from those, rather than his paid salary.

Also, source please so we can verify you're not talking out of your backside.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

• 3 weeks later...