Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Haven't you guys made enough money at this point to have dedicated servers?

_Dan

haha wow, a screen shot i took of some software on my router is completely irrelevant and you're going off on a tangent here... it's irrelevant to the whole point of this thread, it probably rounded the number down, please, email the people who made my router and tell them about it?.. Would that make you feel better? here is the router: https://www.asus.com/Networking/RT-AC2900/ maybe email customer support and let them know about it, have fun dude!

Meanwhile I'm gonna keep on being a lilbich in this thread because every time i play this game i lose hours of my time and resources to dropped host migration in public games, all they need to do is give us the option to be the host. that's all, no dedicated servers? fine.

Edited by _Dan

8 hours ago, Zeclem said:

an example is an example. and there is quite a massive difference between 200 and 300 as well, especially when you consider de doesnt have to give a damn about balance like they have to. 

In contrast, Blizzard doesn't have to add nearly as much game-changing content. At most, they add a new character, a new map, and occasionally some special event. Compare with DE, who regularly add entirely new systems to the game.

• Like 1

^I totally agree DE for sure is incredibly on the ball as far as content is concerned and playerbase interaction, but keep in mind this is their lifeline, the second they stop pushing out content is when their loyal playerbase will get bored and stop playing.

I just hope they can realise that the same thing will happen with the many who are plagued by p2p issues. Instead of leaving due to boredom its frustration. 

Edited by _Dan

I am up for dedicated servers but if we can keep the peer to peer system too with an improved netcode. Dedicated servers costs money but not every expensive as hell. They can decide to use some major servers or just paid smaller regional servers which are cheaper. The sub fee system is an option and honestly those whom buying platinum by ocassion (I am getting discounts weekly or in 10 days) are paying much more money in the common vault than you would have to in a sub fee system. The majority of the money in a sub fee system is paid for renting the server and partially the other monetary things like fees, fincanced costs, miscleanous etc. 

The only problem is the sub fee system is not favorable for peoples whom are poor or just want to play a game for free so those probably would leave. For me 10-15 even 20 dollar monthly is nothing if that can grants some benefit and in meantime others also pay so the base is stable.

In the other hand free to play game developers prefer the peer to peer because that cost much less and the free to play system is shady enough to earn 3-5 times more money than if you directly pay for playing. Peoples not really realize this because a lot of peoples just want everything freely and they pass the paying for a product. Those whom buying platinum literally keeping in game those whom nor want pay nor want better experiences the rest just not pay attention.

I do not want to make a trouble with my opinion and I know the value of work on both systems because both are complex and need precise planning to do and calculate the finances. 

I am now out. Shrieeeeeek.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Corvid said:

In contrast, Blizzard doesn't have to add nearly as much game-changing content. At most, they add a new character, a new map, and occasionally some special event. Compare with DE, who regularly add entirely new systems to the game.

regularly as in once a year at best? and de still has a lot more employees than they do. the very fact that these two games are comparable clearly means something. 

8 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Wasn’t it’s servers closed months ago?

far from it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Not everyone buys prime access, let alone more than once.

I almost never have issues and I wonder if the people who complain the most about this, just have lousy internet service.

I don't think thats fair.

I have a pretty good internet service and play other online games with very few issues.

I also never have problems with solo play in Warframe. The issues only arise when I try to play in squads...half the time the team gets disbanded, either because the host decides to leave, or because their connection can't handle hosting. If I'm hosting, it can get a bit laggy sometimes, (particularly in Orb Vallis), but is generally playable.

As others have suggested, this game really needs an option in the settings, allowing you to opt-out of hosting, if you have a sub-par connection.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, _Dan said:

haha wow, a screen shot i took of some software on my router is completely irrelevant and you're going off on a tangent here... it's irrelevant to the whole point of this thread, it probably rounded the number down, please, email the people who made my router and tell them about it?.. Would that make you feel better? here is the router: https://www.asus.com/Networking/RT-AC2900/ maybe email customer support and let them know about it, have fun dude!

Meanwhile I'm gonna keep on being a lilbich in this thread because every time i play this game i lose hours of my time and resources to dropped host migration in public games, all they need to do is give us the option to be the host. that's all, no dedicated servers? fine.

Hmm... So you shift the blame to the customer service? Fine... It's just that I didn't see the setting of the Speedtest and where did it ping to. Also, I didn't own this Router model. So I can't really send them an E-mail to the guy who do their job properly.

To Be perfectly Honest, I'm also up for dedicated server. It's just that from my country even if the servers are located next to my country the ping I got will be far over 100ms. Which is still better in case of normally 150ms to 350ms I got in the normal mission/Sorties. But I also normally use Host privilage to my full extend. And I didn't mean edit the game files or doing hack or anything. I just play the game while using internet to do other things. So I normally play Solo and it's fine by me. Because I hate to be the Host and my internet got DCed and all squad member leave me alone in the mission (which in my country it's quite normal for internet to get DCed for a short time).

But I would like to also have 'I don't want to be a Host' button too... Because... you know... how frequently my internet keep DCed lol...

i don't know if this has already being mention but i am seeing a lot of posts where people are saying it the internet connection that is solely responsible for the host when it is not due to the fact that part of the host determining algorithms that are used means that the game also takes into account relative connection to others and the power of your device that you are using as i play with a guy that has 150mb connection compared to my 15mb but he never hosts because his laptop is 4 years old and cannot handling the map generation. which just that OP may have a amazing internet connection but if his PC is good enough to handle the map building then he wont be host or if there is stronger ones out there 

1 hour ago, _Dan said:

My computer is def not the problem, it's my workstation, which has an i7 8700k, gtx 2080, 32gb of ram, and evo ssd which wf is installed on. 

@_Dan, it's time to step back and calm down.

I know that you figure that your connection is godly (even posting screen shots that show ping = 0 🙄 , but seriously that should have suggested that something weird was going on) and that your computer is godly, (even posting up specs) but here's the thing, you're not going to be forcing anyone to adopt your idea by reeeeee'ing at us. 

Heck, dedicated servers may sound fine and dandy to you, but as everyone has pointed out that crap is expensive af. As everyone has pointed out, unless they decide to have one installed under your desk, odds are you're still going to be experiencing lag. 

And seriously, when you make bogus claims and people tell you to back it up, sticking your tongue out and saying that you don't have to, isn't a good look. Also, learn how to use speedtest the right way if you are going to post screenshots like that to bolster your case, because the minute you turned around and claimed that evidence you presented was "irrelevant", just because people were pointing out the flaw, you lost a lot of face. Don't do that. 

2 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

I don't think thats fair.

I have a pretty good internet service and play other online games with very few issues.

I also never have problems with solo play in Warframe. The issues only arise when I try to play in squads...half the time the team gets disbanded, either because the host decides to leave, or because their connection can't handle hosting. If I'm hosting, it can get a bit laggy sometimes, (particularly in Orb Vallis), but is generally playable.

As others have suggested, this game really needs an option in the settings, allowing you to opt-out of hosting, if you have a sub-par connection.

I'm sorry, but I dont think it's this huge issue that some people make it out to be when they throw words around like "NEEDS" and "unplayable".

I also think some people have rose colored glasses in a big way on this. I have played enough games to know there is a difference between "dedicated servers" and GOOD dedicated servers.

I can also picture all the "content drought" threads when the cost of dedicated servers means less money is available for the development of new content

9 hours ago, _Dan said:

Yeah of course, people who complain about this must be at fault !!. Here is my connection:

7fqFJrh.jpg

I also live a country ranked the 3rd fastest in the world for internet: https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3549890 Literally every online game i play, from BF5, rainbow six siege etc, have no issues at all. Warframe is the only game that has a plethora of issues all of which are related to the AWFUL p2p system and bad hosts. 

I love this game, the whole reason i made this post is because this is the only thing that is ruining it for me, it is becoming unbearable, not just the fact i've lost hours of my free time, but the regular gameplay is just less enjoyable with the warping too. I'm not a particularly fussy gamer and I just don't feel like playing because of these very issues. And I'm not the only one.

There is more to connection quality than just speed. Do I need to remind you what ping is? Packet loss? But even if you do have the most super awesome MLG tier uber perfect connection.... that doesnt mean everybody who loves complaining about this non issue does as well. Also, you don't get to post like this and then tell me you're "not a particularly fussy gamer".

That's like saying I'm not a picky eater but I only eat organic free range fair trade non GMO gluten free food.

• Like 1

I would love dedicated servers but not even fortnight and pubg doesn't have dedicated servers in South Africa so dedicated servers would just really make sure that I will for always and ever see 200+ ping but thanks to p2p I have 50 ping on average when playing with local friends... How about the dedicated server crowed stop being lazy and set a max ping limitation on your searches 

Edited by Sibernetika
Changed has to doesn't have

35 minutes ago, Sibernetika said:

I would love dedicated servers but not even fortnight and pubg has dedicated servers in South Africa so dedicated servers would just really make sure that I will for always and ever see 200+ ping but thanks to p2p I have 50 ping on average when playing with local friends... How about the dedicated server crowed stop being lazy and set a max ping limitation on your searches 

Which does work for public games. But most people are in clans, or find teams in recruitment chat. 

When you’re grouping up like that the ping cap doesn’t do anything.

I can’t do missions with the vast majority of the 300 people in my clan because they are in different countries.

What’s the point of playing online games if I’m only able to play with people in my local area?

Doesnt that seem a little backwards to you?

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

There is more to connection quality than just speed. Do I need to remind you what ping is? Packet loss? But even if you do have the most super awesome MLG tier uber perfect connection.... that doesnt mean everybody who loves complaining about this non issue does as well. Also, you don't get to post like this and then tell me you're "not a particularly fussy gamer".

That's like saying I'm not a picky eater but I only eat organic free range fair trade non GMO gluten free food.

How is it like that at all?

If anything he’s saying “At other restaurants my food is served on a plate, here they throw it on the floor.”

He gave you a bunch of examples of games that he has perfect connection on. 

Clearly stated that Warframe is the only one he experiences issues with.

Yet somehow wanting Warframe to be FUNCTIONAL is asking for organic free range fair trade non GMO gluten free food?

No. He’s just asking that his food isn’t served on the floor.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Which does work for public games. But most people are in clans, or find teams in recruitment chat. 

When you’re grouping up like that the ping cap doesn’t do anything.

I can’t do missions with the vast majority of the 300 people in my clan because they are in different countries.

What’s the point of playing online games if I’m only able to play with people in my local area?

Doesnt that seem a little backwards to you?

You do know dedicated servers wouldn't fix the problem then since the people not in your country would have the latency issues then and if you were to join on them when they are on the server in their country you would still have the latency issue. 

• Like 1

DE should just let users run dedicated servers for any and all multiplayer sessions, not limited to PC Conclave in launcher settings. Allowing users to run dedicated servers are cheaper then DE trying to run all dedicated servers that can cost too much money.

Ping ping limit may not fully fix lag. Sometimes joins a host where ping is bouncing up and down. On PC platform, host might have a very slow computer, making enemies and time left go in slow motion, while ping stays less then 200.

58 minutes ago, Sibernetika said:

You do know dedicated servers wouldn't fix the problem then since the people not in your country would have the latency issues then and if you were to join on them when they are on the server in their country you would still have the latency issue. 

Works perfectly fine on other games. It’s not normal to have latency issues because of distance. It’s the internet. 

The only time it’s ever been an issue for me is on Warframe.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

If anything he’s saying “At other restaurants my food is served on a plate, here they throw it on the floor.”

Yet somehow wanting Warframe to be FUNCTIONAL is asking for organic free range fair trade non GMO gluten free food?

Thank you! It's crazy how defensive I have to be on the wf forums when all I've asked is just for a stable game where players don't lose hours of time with failed host migrations. Playing a 30 min survival mission is like playing Russian roulette with what little spare time I have these days. 

Yet people still argue against wf being stable due to blind loyalty it seems 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Works perfectly fine on other games. It’s not normal to have latency issues because of distance. It’s the internet. 

You play with those same people in the other games, on dedicated servers not in your country and have no issues? 

Or do you play with a totally different group of people, most likely all within the same region, on a server within the region? 

1 hour ago, Sibernetika said:

It’s so amazing that after all this time we've had the net, so many people don't get this. As far as they're concerned, your whole post was just a bunch of words that go "whoosh" as they sail overhead. 😔

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Sooo your saying my 400 latency to us servers is because of bad fibre and not because of it being on a different continent, same for my connection to uk servers where its around the 200 mark and oh that 600 ping to Australia... Are you sure sure the distance doesn't have a little something to do with it? 

Just now, _Dan said:

Thank you! It's crazy how defensive I have to be on the wf forums when all I've asked is just for a stable game where players don't lose hours of time with failed host migrations. Playing a 30 min survival mission is like playing Russian roulette with what little spare time I have these days. 

Yet people still argue against wf being stable due to blind loyalty it seems 

Yup, crazy is definitely not a word you want to use when describing others. And defensive doesn't mean what you think it means. 

BTW have you looked up the cost of dedicated servers with high speed, high bandwidth connections for the numbers of concurrent players, yet? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Warframe is like self-serving restaurants or any buffet restaurants that you need to go get the food yourself. If the food on the floor it's your fault. If the food doesn't serve to you the right way, it's because you didn't go get it yourself. It's laughable to compare current Warframe to any Server/Client games. Without knowing the issue of any other player on other continent. I like playing NA games but because how the game servers are on different continent, my connection to them wasn't good and lag all the time. Compare this to Warframe where I host the game by myself? It's completely fine!! No lag or anything.

Each game model have their pros and cons. Talking only Pros or Cons will not getting anywhere.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sibernetika said:

Sooo your saying my 400 latency to us servers is because of bad fibre and not because of it being on a different continent, same for my connection to uk servers where its around the 200 mark and oh that 600 ping to Australia... Are you sure sure the distance doesn't have a little something to do with it? 

Quote the part where I sad “bad fibres.”

If you’d like to have a conversation with me, I’d appreciate if you didn’t talk for me.