Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Amps (post Fortuna)

DarkRuler2500

Question

With the Fortuna Update a couple of new prisms, scaffolds and braces made it to the game.
So far i am not exactly sure if they can outclass the old ones (except for the +20% critical chance brace).

Did you experience a better/new setup that can melt the Tridolons more effective than the amps from PoE?

6 answers to this question

From using all the new amp parts, none of them seem to bring anything new to the table.
The 1st Prism is outclassed with the Rahn Prism, and the 2nd and 3rd are outclassed by the Shwaak Prism.
As far as scaffolds go, the 1st fires until energy is drained, making it unwieldy, 2nd could be used, but certainly is nothing special. The 3rd scaffold, well, a proximity mine isn't going to be much help with Eidolons.
The 1st and 2nd braces do what they do, but won't be helping to activate arcanes.
Now, the Certus Brace looks good on paper, +20% crit chance vs Lohrin's +12%. In practice however, Lohrin Brace gives a FLAT 12% increase, whereas Certus Brace give a 20% increase. It vastly underperforms against the Lohrin Brace on every Prism and Scaffold.

1 hour ago, slamdanked said:

Now, the Certus Brace looks good on paper, +20% crit chance vs Lohrin's +12%. In practice however, Lohrin Brace gives a FLAT 12% increase, whereas Certus Brace give a 20% increase. It vastly underperforms against the Lohrin Brace on every Prism and Scaffold.

Strange...

If this was true, then the Amp Assembly would be lying.
I'm running a Rahn/Shraksun-Combo.
With the Lohrin Brace, Rahn ends up with 42% CC, Sharksun with 32%:
With the new Certus Brace, Rahn gets 50% CC and Sharksun gets 40%.

So yeah... doesn't look like Lohrin outperforms the Certus Brace. It's more like the other way around.
Both are giving a flat amount.

So who's right? You or the game? óÒ
And before you say it: The arsenal is telling me the same, not just the Amp Assembly.

5 hours ago, slamdanked said:

The 3rd scaffold, well, a proximity mine isn't going to be much help with Eidolons.

I haven't used it myself yet, but I've seen it quite a few times in my recent 5x3s and the consensus seems to be this: It deals far more damage than Shraksun, but is more difficult to use and can be inconsistent.

5 hours ago, slamdanked said:

Where does that info come from? I haven't seen any post or video stating this. Assuming the UI isn't bugged, the Propa scaffold for example has 30% base crit chance, 42% with Lohrin and 50% with Certus.

I did some math... Purely on prisms. Numbers from wiki so 

Base rate P  k    Expected rate*exp
Svaak   3500 1.33 0.1 1.6   3710 4934
Cantic   1460 4.88 0.34 2.2   2055.68 10032
Lega   600 7.5 0.08 1.6   628.8 4716
Klamora   600 12 0.38 2.4   919.2 11030

Little explaining is in order. Base is the damage for single shot. (Svaak has punch-trough so feel free to multiply that by ~2 ) 

Rate is the shots per second. P is probability for critical. K is the multiplication for crit. 

Expected is the expected damage per hit. (base*(1-P)+ base*k(P) )  [[Fault my logic as I want to get it right]]

So 'true' dps is rate*exp. Overall Svaak, cantic and Klamora all seem pretty neck-to-neck.  Klamora seems to be bit better. Short range is question mark tho.

After testing all the amps, I mean all the amps... damn you DE! for making me grind my arse off... cetus wisp and toroid grind is the most unpleasant grind.

In my humble opinion, Hands down, the X27 is the new meta just like all the others are saying... well, at least this is what i settled for and am very comfortable with in all missions (including tridolons)

I am using 627 (Lega Prism, Shraksun Scaffold, Certus Bracer)

Hope you all find your favorite amp.