Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Should I Use My Blue Potato On?

Aryajmarya

Question

I have a catalyst just sitting there, and I'm not sure what to use it on.

I have my Paris, which used to be my favourite weapon, until I got the Strun Wraith. Now they're kinda tied for first place.

For secondaries I have my Lato and I just got my Hikou.

And then for melee, I have the Dual Zoren, Hate and I have the Glaive.

I might want to use it on the glaive, due to glaive mods coming out soon (can someone confirm this?).

But what do you guys think I should use it on? Any help would be greatly appreciated. ^_^

10 answers to this question

Wait, are you placing strun wraith as a placement? It should already have it's own potato.

Anyways if you can get into some voids or are able to get some keys I would try to get the paris prime and then potato that since you like the paris. The prime version is worth the potato more. In terms of secondary you can put it on your hikou if you like it but despair might be a better choice, but if you like the RoF of hikou then use it on that. 

Melee wise it's really your choice, since there are many opinions that can go with melee weapons with each weapons upsides and downsides. Just find one that fits your playstyle. Have you also tried others? Like the orthos, or heavier a heavier one like the scindo/fragor?

Since you only have one, place it in a weapon where you know you'll use it alot and that is is still viable later on. If you are higher ranked enough, most clan weapons are worth the potato.

Advice, save it till you have maxed out about 10 different weapons.  Then you will know A) what you play style is like, B) what type of weapon type you prefer and of course C) the first few weapons you get are junk, don't waste it on a Mk1-Braton or junk like that.  Save it for something you plan to keep!

Wait, are you placing strun wraith as a placement? It should already have it's own potato.

I wasn't putting it as a placement, just merely said it because a lot of people ask for their favourite weapons when there is a post like this.

In my head, I've sorta narrowed it down to either Hikou or Glaive (or even the Paris Prime, but I'd have to look more into that one).

I'd much rather rank up my hikou to see whether some RoF mods will fit my style. And, again, I'll wait till U10 for Glaive mods, if they are actually coming.

So yeah. I'm happy with the Dual Zoren and Hate how they are. So it is pretty much those two. Guess it's time to start xp farming :D

Advice, save it till you have maxed out about 10 different weapons.  Then you will know A) what you play style is like, B) what type of weapon type you prefer and of course C) the first few weapons you get are junk, don't waste it on a Mk1-Braton or junk like that.  Save it for something you plan to keep!

I really like stealth. So it's basically between Hikou and Glaive.

Perhaps on a research weapon (Once you have them) and weapons like Primes and whatnot. 

Don't think I'd be getting research weapons anytime soon. As Zedoth said, getting a Paris Prime would be a good idea.

If you can hold out till you get dojo weapons, the potato could be put on Acrid. THE BEST weapon in game. Period. Or Ogris If you cant wait out till you get your hands dojo weapons then use it on Despair or Kunai. You said you like Paris. So try getting Paris Prime. Its a good weapon too. (You can use it on Paris and still have a strong end game weapon, i.e if you go with the crit build)