Damage Concept: Force Damage

Sartactics

Just spitballing here but I've been thinking of having enemies being damaged by being launched off, land into a hard surface and taking damage from the surface they landed or got hit by. Basically what I'm trying to say is having enemies taking damage when you ragdolls them into a wall or into the sky and they fall down to the ground. For example, Baruuk uses his 4 and launches a Heavy Gunner into a wall, causing damage on the enemy when it got hit by th surface. It will do finisher damage and would scale off with mods but also Impact Damage, I mean think about it, Impact is basically just pushing enemies away, stagerring them so why not make it the most prominent type of damage for this?

An incomplete list on that:

• Blast damage
  • Impact damage
  • Sonicor
  • Many melee combos
  • Frost 3

Getting damaged on impact with level geometry might be interesting for impact damage, since it is currently completely useless. But unless it deals substantial damage, like Frost 3, I don't see it working. Ragdolling enemies is not exactly what you want in almost every scenario, since it'd be a pain to hit them again.

9 minutes ago, uxx0 said:

An incomplete list on that:

• Blast damage
  • Impact damage
  • Sonicor
  • Many melee combos
  • Frost 3

Getting damaged on impact with level geometry might be interesting for impact damage, since it is currently completely useless. But unless it deals substantial damage, like Frost 3, I don't see it working. Ragdolling enemies is not exactly what you want in almost every scenario, since it'd be a pain to hit them again.

Well I did say it would do finisher damage and scale off with mods.

Edited by Sartactics

• 2 weeks later...

yes, when i use the void blast on enemies and they fly a dozent meter and more into the air, landing hard on their behinds and 'only' get the ragdoll/staggering effect on them, i sure have to wonder why we can damage them at all if such an inertia force can't harm them...

impact damage would be the most logical damage typ to this, but i guess the calculation might be a bit of a problem if they would take the speed an enemy have when hitting something solid (or semi-solid if they crash into another enemy). this might be a bit hard on potato-host who'll have to do the calculation for a whole team (though i'm still not sure if dmg-calculation is indeed done by the host only) especially if all are using weapons/abilities that ragdoll the enemies.

but....i mean..yall realize impact damage IS force damage. What do you think its called when your hit? when you hit something else? Its literally impact. that IS its damage. Now, saying it should be applied more often depending on whats happening? i agree. But, aside from an enemy being knocked over, which woudln't really apply impact damage, i mean...i dunno i don't' see how they could implement it anymore without making impact damage god teir damage.

Nice concept, but pretty hard to be implemented on every ragdolling (Paracesis and Gram Prime will be lit, Also Kestrel will be top tier). But i make a whole post just now about new Impact and Puncture Proc that i add this mechanic to Impact Proc new knockback (credit to you)

Check it out here, you might like it: