Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just an idea but anyone feel like DE should add in a Tenno battle royal?

McBerns

3 hours ago, McBerns said:

Its quite simple really.  It be like PUBG and fortnite expect that several other Tennos are droped into a random area in an open world map, say like the orb vallis for instance. Before dropping in, players can pick a frame of their choice, but the rules of conclave are applied here.  Everyone will have to look for weapons and items (and maybe mods and/or upgrades?) scattered throughout the map and have to fight to survive to become the last Tenno standing.  As to limit the play area as time goes on, say like in orb vallis, it be like a snow storm that closes in for each passing moment.  Anyone caught in the snowstorm will take damage overtime.

NO.

• Like 1

God no, if I wanted to play battle royal I could go play one of the games designed from the ground up for battle royal. 

Warframe wasn't designed for battle royal, hell it wasn't designed for conclave and we all know how well that works and battle royal is essentially just a larger scale conclave.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tellakey said:

Honestly, I'm romantically in love with the concept of Lunaro, but the execution must be grounded in mechanics other than the vanilla movement. I think DE should create a unique mobility system for Lunaro alone so we don't have to spam double jump roll.

Good for you, but Lunaro itself is not the bad habit. The fact it was made to try and make money off the back of Rocket League is the bad habit

No, get that hi rez trend chasing garabage out of here.

Also found this

https://www.gamesradar.com/we-dont-like-to-follow-trends-digital-extremes-looks-back-on-warframes-five-year-journey-from-sleeper-hit-to-industry-leading-titan/

Literally right there in the title is your answer

Edited by (XB1)The Neko Otaku
  • Like 1

9 часов назад, McBerns сказал:

Its quite simple really.  It be like PUBG and fortnite expect that several other Tennos are droped into a random area in an open world map, say like the orb vallis for instance. Before dropping in, players can pick a frame of their choice, but the rules of conclave are applied here.  Everyone will have to look for weapons and items (and maybe mods and/or upgrades?) scattered throughout the map and have to fight to survive to become the last Tenno standing.  As to limit the play area as time goes on, say like in orb vallis, it be like a snow storm that closes in for each passing moment.  Anyone caught in the snowstorm will take damage overtime.

Why not. 

But there are two problems, that have already been mentioned in this topic:
1. The mobility system in the Conclave. Too fast. If this regime (Battle Royal) is implemented - probably the best solution would be to limit the mobility of frames in the spirit of Grineer vs. Corpus.

2. Limitations of the Warframe engine. And the P2P system. "Fortune" as an open world now slows down on the computers of many players, it is difficult to imagine what will happen when 50 players appear there at once) Probably, we should wait for the optimization of "Fortune".

7 часов назад, LupisV0lk сказал:

Can we stop with the clemming trend chasing. BR peaked ages ago and is now in the dying phase.

https://store.steampowered.com/stats

Judging by the statistics, the Battle Royal is quite far from the stage of "dying")

Top games by current player count
CURRENT PLAYERS PEAK TODAY   GAME

639,754 988,147   PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
399,854 630,381   Dota 2
247,706 578,266   Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
68,628 115,245   Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
56,111 105,875   Grand Theft Auto V
44,235 64,810   Team Fortress 2
42,636 65,855   Warframe
38,501 68,539   MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD
31,763 77,256   Path of Exile
30,513 58,328   Rust

Yes, coming from a PUBG player. It would be interesting. People hate trend/mainstrean just for the sake of hating it.

However, it should only be added when everything else is ironed out.

There is a particular game breaking bug in Eidolon hunt where someone in my squad are not able to cast their abilities. He has to die and revive on his own. This has happened to me more than once. One of the worse in my gameplay so far.

When extracting from Eidolon hunt, after I summon my archwing, my WF get stuck in the air and not able to move. When the extraction timer strike 0, I received "updating account information" and lost all progress.

I still can "tolerate" host migration but it is really testing my patience.

Where is our 8-man 10-man raid? If a game developer can't implement a 8-man, 10-man raids for clans in 2019, I highly doubt they have the ability to even implement a 20-man BR.

So no, if DE aren't able to ironed out all these flaws, no point adding more modes. If I want BR, I go play PUBG.

• Like 1