Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just an idea but anyone feel like DE should add in a Tenno battle royal?

McBerns

11 hours ago, McBerns said:

Its quite simple really.  It be like PUBG and fortnite expect that several other Tennos are droped into a random area in an open world map, say like the orb vallis for instance. Before dropping in, players can pick a frame of their choice, but the rules of conclave are applied here.  Everyone will have to look for weapons and items (and maybe mods and/or upgrades?) scattered throughout the map and have to fight to survive to become the last Tenno standing.  As to limit the play area as time goes on, say like in orb vallis, it be like a snow storm that closes in for each passing moment.  Anyone caught in the snowstorm will take damage overtime.

There are plenty of knock off and imitation Royale games out there. If you want battle Royale you are spoilt for choice, Warframe doesn’t need to also be a battle Royale game.

Even if DE wanted to implement a BR mode it could never be with Tenno/Warframes.

The same issues that plague Conclave would plague the mode.

Right now...DE needs to scrap Conclave & make it a mode where players play as Grineer, Corpus, or Infested units.

That us the only way PVP in Warframe can:

1. Remain fun, interesting, & tolerable. (The parkour system couoked with lag & other mechanics is what really messes with PVP.)

2. Prevent PVE nerfs due to PVP balance.

3. Save DE the trouble of having to develop 2 sets of Abilities & Weapons. (PVE mode & PVP mode.

Honestly, Battle Royales are already being done to death. Just like the Horror Royale games.

I'd rather DE make PVP something akin to SW Battlefront II (The PS2 one. You know...the good one.)

i like PvP idea too but warframe - frames were created as PvE

skills and weapons were created for PvE you simply cant take some weapons or spells and go pvp look conclave where are some spells changed cuz game is focused on PvE

and if then no as warframes more like ships fights or something like that

Already tried it...and it didn't work.

If you want Battle Royale, go play PUBG or Fortnite.

Warframe is pretty unique and it should seek to remain that way. Whats the point in just copying what other games already do?

The aforementioned games are designed from the ground up for that game mode. Warframe isn't and trying to implement a viable BR mode, in a game where players have ridiculous, god-like powers, is incredibly tricky at best.

Not to mention the time and effort required to create this game mode would be completely disproportionate to the number of people who would actually play it. Someone posted a pie chart recently, that showed less than 1% of the player base bother with PvP gameplay.

1 hour ago, ZesiMuerte said:

Yes, coming from a PUBG player. It would be interesting. People hate trend/mainstrean just for the sake of hating it.

You are not wrong though some people have reasons I hate it for 2 reasons

reason 1: all the off shoots games/gamemodes devs did to crowbar BR into things either seriously or as a meme ( EX: totally accurate battle royal) i get business choices to attract market income but got the chasing was so blatant when it was in full swing it made me want to put my head in the sand and try to cause a earthquake since i could not go a day with out hearing about X game BR mode 

reason 2: the games that didn't have BR people started requesting BR modes like for example this thread topic came up so many times last year i lost count and each time the mass opinion is no makes me think of the definition of insanity and that novelty wears off fast then it became the same level or why is this thread here like chat suspension threads to me boring always the same thing with different wordings 

bonus reason: just not my jazz so i personally had a lower disposition to it when it started in the first place then it got really popular really fast and its all i heard when ever i go almost anywhere (granted living in a smallish town does that kids were all over it) variety is the spice of life BR got really bland really fast to me since its always the same thing X people in a big map that gets smaller last man standing wins that is the whole concept yeah you can add mechanics to it but its always that when boiled down at-least i can say i tried it much like pineapple on pizza i tried it didnt like it having it constantly push into my view or face daily just made me dislike it more

mild vent done

The netcode is already struggling to handle 8 players and you're asking for a mode with dozens of players?

Edited by Guest

16 hours ago, McBerns said:

Its quite simple really.  It be like PUBG and fortnite expect that several other Tennos are droped into a random area in an open world map, say like the orb vallis for instance. Before dropping in, players can pick a frame of their choice, but the rules of conclave are applied here.  Everyone will have to look for weapons and items (and maybe mods and/or upgrades?) scattered throughout the map and have to fight to survive to become the last Tenno standing.  As to limit the play area as time goes on, say like in orb vallis, it be like a snow storm that closes in for each passing moment.  Anyone caught in the snowstorm will take damage overtime.

another fool, trying to ruin his social life in one fell swoop, this si what happen when people never watch the dev streams.

Edited by -NightmareMoon-

Ok then, let's suppose they did release a Battle Royale Mode, with P2P connection and since there will be a person hosting for more than one-hundred players, then suddenly the host gets disconnected leaving everyone in a screen of eternal migration. Congratulations, now you have a new game mode called Disconnection Royale, where the winner is the one who doesn't give up after getting consecutive disconnections. In other words, a perfect batch of failure.

Now seriously, these topics are becoming pointless at each time someone tries to suggest PvP, just go for Conclave and be happy. If you are not feeling like Conclave is not enough, go there and post these ideas in the specific area (Conclave itself), In a nutshell, just nope (nope and nope).

PS: Seems like these people will never learn.

Edited by NaoPerturbe

2 hours ago, Tellakey said:

Ah... how do you know that?

Rocket League comes out July 2015, becomes famous in August 2015, becomes a featured presentation at Game Awards 2015 in December 2015. DE starts work on Lunaro sometime in January or February 2016 (if not earlier), release a trailer to Gamespot on April 2016, release Lunaro in June 2016