Jump to content

Opticor REALLY needs a buff


17inchguns
 Share

Recommended Posts

It gets painfully outclassed by lanka and rubico in absoluteley everything, and by almost all snipers for that fact)

Slow charge times, low mag, slowish reload for what it is, no ability to cancel beam easily, low cc... all these downsides and it still doesent even come close to compensating for them in any way. Yes it does decent damage per shot but so do snipers without half of the downsides. 

I asked myself why would one ever use this weapon, maybe eidolons due to it being so niche? Ironically it still gets painfully outclassed by snipers once again. I am able to 1 shot with lanka and volt no buffs other than shield, 2 shots with rubico. Opticor only 1 shots when i have kavat boost cc and by the time i have charged up the beam the eidolon mooves and may make me miss. All this is using top tier rivens. If you dont have a riven/top tier riven it will take more shots with all 3, however you can rack up damage with combo counter to compensate, but not with opticor. To top it all of it also got its disposition lowered, wha the hell?!!

 

I really want to like the opticor but its just impossible to do so right now in its current state. DE should buff it somehow, reduce charge up time, boost cc, give it a larger mag, whatever but buff it!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 17inchguns said:

It gets painfully outclassed by lanka and rubico in absoluteley everything, and by almost all snipers for that fact)

Slow charge times, low mag, slowish reload for what it is, no ability to cancel beam easily, low cc... all these downsides and it still doesent even come close to compensating for them in any way. Yes it does decent damage per shot but so do snipers without half of the downsides. 

I asked myself why would one ever use this weapon, maybe eidolons due to it being so niche? Ironically it still gets painfully outclassed by snipers once again. I am able to 1 shot with lanka and volt no buffs other than shield, 2 shots with rubico. Opticor only 1 shots when i have kavat boost cc and by the time i have charged up the beam the eidolon mooves and may make me miss. All this is using top tier rivens. If you dont have a riven/top tier riven it will take more shots with all 3, however you can rack up damage with combo counter to compensate, but not with opticor. To top it all of it also got its disposition lowered, wha the hell?!!

 

I really want to like the opticor but its just impossible to do so right now in its current state. DE should buff it somehow, reduce charge up time, boost cc, give it a larger mag, whatever but buff it!

 

Opticor has aoe 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, 17inchguns said:

I asked myself why would one ever use this weapon

Mainly when I want the feeling of using a Spartan laser cannon and being able to charge up, fire that huge beam, and see those massive damage numbers as the enemy and all those near it just disappear. It is pretty slow but does insane damage (yes, more than snipers). "decent damage" is a massive understatement. Not saying Opticor shouldn't be buffed at all or that the problems you have with the weapon aren't legitimate concerns but I feel that you're massively underplaying the weapon's primary strength.

Edited by dandantian5
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

hace 5 minutos, (XB1)Skiller115 dijo:

Opticor has aoe 

Hardly makes up for its abysmal crowd cotnrol. You wont be clearing a entire room of enemies with 1 shot. Its very shot range and situational. By the time i have charged up the beam ive already emptied my rubico or lanka mag and killed 5 times as much as what the opticor did. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 17inchguns said:

Hardly makes up for its abysmal crowd cotnrol. You wont be clearing a entire room of enemies with 1 shot. Its very shot range and situational. By the time i have charged up the beam ive already emptied my rubico or lanka mag and killed 5 times as much as what the opticor did. 

Firerate mods exist for a reason...

If you want a fast charging opticor get a ferrox...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

hace 6 minutos, dandantian5 dijo:

Mainly when I want the feeling of using a Spartan laser cannon and being able to charge up, fire that huge beam, and see those massive damage numbers as the enemy and all those near it just disappear. It is pretty slow but does insane damage (yes, more than snipers). "decent damage" is a massive understatement. Not saying Opticor shouldn't be buffed at all or that the problems you have with the weapon aren't legitimate concerns but I feel that you're massively underplaying the weapon's primary strength.

Dosent do more damage than lanka. Try oneshotting a lvl 160 corrupted heavy gunner with the opticor. Not happening ever but witg my riven modded lanka I can, with 0 buffs. Also as i mentioned before if you dont have a riven all you have to do is ramp up combo counter a bit and you leave opticor in the dust and have a much more functional weapon on top of this. 

I get what you say about charging it up and feeling like a badass, I like this too but its so lackluster compared to snipers it ruins it for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hace 1 minuto, (XB1)Skiller115 dijo:

Firerate mods exist for a reason...

If you want a fast charging opticor get a ferrox...

True but even witg firerate it still feels too slow. By modding for firerate you loose damage too. And ok, lets say you are killing in 1 shot still and have a firerate mod on plus fr in riven. You still cant get away from the tiny mag capacity and slow reload...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frankly, i have to agree here. For such an amasingly looking gun - opticor only becomes truly good with a decent riven. Otherwise...

My problem with it is that its indecisive. Is it raw damage or crits? Well, obviously its crits... It has what, 20% CS x2.5 CC? I mean its nice... Execpt it becomes frustruaating with opticor's naturally slow firing speed. This thing is supposed to be one-shot one-kill every time you fire it, instead its unreliable and kills enemies whenever it feels like it.

Unreliable guns are frustruating, and there is nothing more unreliable than a gun that depends on bad RNG to work (whether its crits or status) and then fires once in milenia.

Either it should forget crits and deal ungodly amounts of raw damage or it needs crit chance that would bring it to at least 85% with a single basic mod. Which would be 34%.

Edited by Artek94
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even though I agree because the Opticor is fun to use, it's considered a rifle and not a sniper where the others are.  If anything it needs better punch through where with each enemy it pierces, there's an explosion.  I would be okay with diminishing damage with range if the punch through was like 10m or something.  Or something similar to that of the Buster Rifle from Wing Zero because the synapse doesn't cut it, it doesn't have that feeling of a powerful laser.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, birdobash said:

Charge rate should be increased, and probably make the beam and the explosion a lot bigger to feel more BFG esque

Use firerate mods, the OPticor is plenty powerful when properly modded, it always has been.

The arca plasmor is already closer to the bfg than the OPticor; the OPticor is more of a spartan laser cannon.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

hace 2 minutos, Etan-gK dijo:

Use firerate mods, the OPticor is plenty powerful when properly modded, it always has been.

The arca plasmor is already closer to the bfg than the OPticor; the OPticor is more of a spartan laser cannon.

 

 

Ive tried all builds with opticor. I have a top tier riven for it as well as my lanka and rubico. The lanka and rubico still outperform it rivenless due to combocounter regardless. 

Take this video: 

A Groll riven opticor, pre dispo nerf. At 5:29 he fails to one shot a lvl 125 corrupted heavy gunner: 

I havent got videos of my own opticor but I do of my lanka. Both have groll rivens and the lanka destroys the opticor

1 shotting lvl 155 and 160 zero buffs, not even combo counter. Also post dispo nerf....

 

 

So why would i use opticor when i can use a faster chargung gun, with more bullets in the mag, which is FAR less cluncky and can be used in eidolons too? I like its niche, its a fun change, but it has to be buffed.

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I would like an opticor buff (a bit more to crit / damage will be fine), I personally think atm its still a decently good weapon

Interesting fact: if you put heavy caliber onto opticor, the original shot will still go straight (but the multishots will stray), and we all know it has a bit of aoe...

So, opticor is still a standard weapon of choice for me when I use mirage (halls + opticor with heavy caliber and multi = a whole bunch of deadly laser clearing a platoon of enemy) try it 😄
you don't really need to aim with that config and that helps when I feel tired and not in the mood to bring out my vectis

Edited by Leyers_of_facade
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, birdobash said:

Charge rate should be increased, and probably make the beam and the explosion a lot bigger to feel more BFG esque

If you want it to compete with Snipers for Tridolons, this.

But...

But what I have found is that my +Crit Chance, +Fire rate, +mag (Maybe reload?) Riven makes it an absolute Mob destroyer up to and past Sortie 3 level with lots of forma.

Does ok for Terry.

And honestly, it’s an alt-mech-bow.  Always has been.  It’s not an alt-sniper or alt-Assault rifle.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, 17inchguns said:

Hardly makes up for its abysmal crowd cotnrol. You wont be clearing a entire room of enemies with 1 shot. Its very shot range and situational. By the time i have charged up the beam ive already emptied my rubico or lanka mag and killed 5 times as much as what the opticor did. 

Well that’s a straight up lie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Opticor doesn’t really need a buff by any means, it’s fine as is since it’s already a strong weapon to begin with in the first place, it may not be the most damaging weapon in the game, but is certainly does not need a buff. Just because the Opticor isn't as powerful as the Lanka does not mean that it should receive a buff because it’s not up to par to it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

hace 21 minutos, (PS4)Silverback73 dijo:

If you want it to compete with Snipers for Tridolons, this.

But...

But what I have found is that my +Crit Chance, +Fire rate, +mag (Maybe reload?) Riven makes it an absolute Mob destroyer up to and past Sortie 3 level with lots of forma.

Does ok for Terry.

And honestly, it’s an alt-mech-bow.  Always has been.  It’s not an alt-sniper or alt-Assault rifle.

It has a interesting niche, but it needs a buff. Some suggested already such as a cc buff, or some detonation mechanism would certainly make it more appealing and worthwhile. Try using a rubico or lanka in the same mission and it gets left in the dust though. Forgot to mention this but in regards to aoe gas lanka just wipes opticor over the floor too. 

Regarding terry: its terrible. My catchmoon takes less to take a limb off, while also being much less forgiving and practical. 

hace 20 minutos, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 dijo:

Well that’s a straight up lie.

 elaborate and provide proof

Edited by 17inchguns
Link to comment
Share on other sites

hace 3 minutos, xXDeadsinxX dijo:

The Opticor doesn’t really need a buff by any means, it’s fine as is since it’s already a strong weapon to begin with in the first place, it may not be the most damaging weapon in the game, but is certainly does not need a buff. Just because the Opticor isn't as powerful as the Lanka does not mean that it should receive a buff because it’s not up to par to it.

What role does it play. Is it a crowd control, room cleaner like amprex, a heavy hitter one shotter like a sniper, or something along the lines of a tiberon prime ar? I cant fit it in any, but due to its stats and mechanics imo it is like a sniper. Id be happy if they buff fire rate and cc. They can leave the damage as is. They could also buff the damage to the point of it hitting harder than the snipers but keeping its current downsides (low cc firerate etc). I just dont want it in its current state since i feel like there is a lot of missed potential. Im not the only one, just take a look at its popularity. Very few people use this weapon and with good reason unfortunateley. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, 17inchguns said:

It has a interesting niche, but it needs a buff. Some suggested already such as a cc buff, or some detonation mechanism would certainly make it more appealing and worthwhile. Try using a rubico or lanka in the same mission and it gets left in the dust though. Forgot to mention this but in regards to aoe gas lanka just wipes opticor over the floor too. 

 elaborate and provide proof

I believe you on Lanka/Rubico.  I’ve yet to get a REALLY nice Riven for those two, and have actually found that my Dual crit/Status/negative Zoom Ignis wraith Riven with Madurai Void Strike can do some crazy damage to Eidelons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, 17inchguns said:

What role does it play. Is it a crowd control, room cleaner like amprex, a heavy hitter one shotter like a sniper, or something along the lines of a tiberon prime ar? I cant fit it in any, but due to its stats and mechanics imo it is like a sniper. Id be happy if they buff fire rate and cc. They can leave the damage as is. They could also buff the damage to the point of it hitting harder than the snipers but keeping its current downsides (low cc firerate etc). I just dont want it in its current state since i feel like there is a lot of missed potential. Im not the only one, just take a look at its popularity. Very few people use this weapon and with good reason unfortunateley. 

Two words to solve this problem:

OPTICOR VANDAL.

It deserves it because it really is a neat alternative/option in the Warframe Pantheon of Weapons.

Supra has it.

Ignis has it.

It would be a perfect Quest Weapon for Fortuna.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
Link to comment
Share on other sites

hace 4 minutos, (PS4)Silverback73 dijo:

I believe you on Lanka/Rubico.  I’ve yet to get a REALLY nice Riven for those two, and have actually found that my Dual crit/Status/negative Zoom Ignis wraith Riven with Madurai Void Strike can do some crazy damage to Eidelons.

I havent tried that combo to be honest. But i know pistols can be viable, my catchmoon makes quick work of the limbs. Also tried pyrana prime and ahd decent results. 

 

Opticor does have the potential to 1 shot a limb with volt and 1 shield like with my lanka, but it needs a kavat crit buff. Also its extremeley frustrating when you miss a shot or get interrupted by the throwback and long charge time. Its a weapon that just doesent make any sense using unless you want to fool around unfortunsteley. All they have to do is buff it and it would make it so much more appealing

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Opticor has it's problems, but it's nowhere near as outclassed as you make it out to be.

As for one shot killing level 160 enemies, as far as I can tell that is a result of whatever riven you have, not of any actual superiority of the Lanka.  Without a riven, the Lanka does less damage until you hit the 2x multiplier at 15 hits.  Even then it's damage is only about the same as the Opticor.  It takes another 30 shots for it to actually have the Opticor beat by ant meaningful amount.  The Lanka also pretty much requires that you always be at maximum zoom to reach it's full potential, making it impractical to use at anything other that long range or against slow-moving targets, while the Opticor is functional at any range.

1 hour ago, 17inchguns said:

Hardly makes up for its abysmal crowd cotnrol. You wont be clearing a entire room of enemies with 1 shot. Its very shot range and situational. By the time i have charged up the beam ive already emptied my rubico or lanka mag and killed 5 times as much as what the opticor did. 

 You might not be clearing rooms, but I have no issue doing so, and if you can even come close to empting a the Lanka's mag in the time it take to fire the Opticor, that you're doing something wrong.  also, as I mentioned above, the Opticor is effective at any range.  If you can't use it at long range,that is an issue with you, not the weapon.

Edited by xXRampantXx
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...