Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opticor REALLY needs a buff

17inchguns

1 minute ago, ErinaAlda said:

but the complaint its outclassed by snipers could be said about every single primary weapon in the game.

tenor.gif?itemid=8606566

I also want to mention that you can consider the opticor as a no self damage-type of weapon with shorter AoE but instead higher concentrated single target damage output. You can definitely clear chunks of enemies better with the opticor. It's also a wide beam than just a stray bullet so you're gonna hit more enemies that way as well.

Opticor used to be trash, then it was buffed and very good and then snipers became good as well. I honestly wouldn't say that a strong weapon like this needs a buff.

hace 10 minutos, ErinaAlda dijo:

I would not say the opticor REALLY needs a buff would never say no to one but the complaint its outclassed by snipers could be said about every single primary weapon in the game.

hace 6 minutos, IceColdHawk dijo:

tenor.gif?itemid=8606566

I also want to mention that you can consider the opticor as a no self damage-type of weapon with shorter AoE but instead higher concentrated single target damage output. You can definitely clear chunks of enemies better with the opticor. It's also a wide beam than just a stray bullet so you're gonna hit more enemies that way as well.

Opticor used to be trash, then it was buffed and very good and then snipers became good as well. I honestly wouldn't say that a strong weapon like this needs a buff.

Snipers outclass all weapons? Lol couldnt disagree more. Look at the kind of game warframe is. You have to kill rooms full of multiple enemies usually that have erratic movement too. Snipers fall behind real fast because they excell at single target damage, not multiple, excluding specific builds like gas lanka. 

Go and try a amprex with a semi decent build. It clears everything in the starchart with extreme ease, snipers cant even hold a candle to it outside of specific scenarios like eidolons. 

And if rifles arent your thing go and make a zaw and have the same results. 

3 minutes ago, 17inchguns said:

Snipers outclass all weapons? Lol couldnt disagree more. Look at the kind of game warframe is. You have to kill rooms full of multiple enemies usually that have erratic movement too. Snipers fall behind real fast because they excell at single target damage, not multiple, excluding specific builds like gas lanka. 

Go and try a amprex with a semi decent build. It clears everything in the starchart with extreme ease, snipers cant even hold a candle to it outside of specific scenarios like eidolons. 

And if rifles arent your thing go and make a zaw and have the same results. 

To be fair the Mire clears everything in the starchart with extreme ease, we are not talking starchart here your saying the opticor REALLY needs a buff..... if your opticor is struggling on starchart might want to put mods in it or something not trying to be rude but I thought you were talking about the fact sniper rifles outclass the opticor in single target damage and that is why you wanted it buffed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 17inchguns said:

It gets painfully outclassed by lanka and rubico in absoluteley everything, and by almost all snipers for that fact)

Opticor is incapable of breaking even 1 Eidolon limb on top of that lol :P

But that's more of an issue of idiotic damage reduction Eidolon has

hace 1 hora, xXRampantXx dijo:

The Opticor has it's problems, but it's nowhere near as outclassed as you make it out to be.

As for one shot killing level 160 enemies, as far as I can tell that is a result of whatever riven you have, not of any actual superiority of the Lanka.  Without a riven, the Lanka does less damage until you hit the 2x multiplier at 15 hits.  Even then it's damage is only about the same as the Opticor.  It takes another 30 shots for it to actually have the Opticor beat by ant meaningful amount.  The Lanka also pretty much requires that you always be at maximum zoom to reach it's full potential, making it impractical to use at anything other that long range or against slow-moving targets, while the Opticor is functional at any range.

You might not be clearing rooms, but I have no issue doing so, and if you can even come close to empting a the Lanka's mag in the time it take to fire the Opticor, that you're doing something wrong.  also, as I mentioned above, the Opticor is effective at any range.  If you can't use it at long range,that is an issue with you, not the weapon.

Opticor has low cc. I cant remeber off the top of my head rn but with no cc on riven its like 50 ish % and with a 2+ 1 neg the cc makes it go up to 80 ish pecent (maybe more idk). Opticor does less damage than lanka. As i said before i have top tier rivens for both, i have done tests and i know what i am talking about. Maybe without rivens the opticor might be more powerfull till  combo coubter kicks in, i honestly dont know because I dont play either without any mods or my rivens. Even if it were the case though, it takes very little time to get to a 2.0x not to mention it dosent suffer from opticors downsides like miniscule mag for instance. 

Lanka is my most played weapon and you are wrong. I can use it at any range. Try using opticor in tridolon run and you will understand what I mean about landing shots. Ive played both with the best possible setups and opticor feels lackluster. 

My build one shots most stuff the game throws at me even at lowest zoom or no scoping (regular mobs, not bosses obv) and I easily finish a mission with the most kills and damage of the squad. This i am not able to do with my opticor unless the squad is really bad or afk. I can rapid fire it since its enough to kill and it has a low reload and double mag capacity than opticor. If i need to hold onto the shot because a player or whatever is in the way i can, unlike with the opticor and this is a massive QOL improvement for me over opticor. 

I wasnt being literal about emptying my mag before opticor fires i was making a point which is i can ceetainly pull off more shots in the same time. Go fully forma both, get god rolls for both and then come back and tell me it doesent get outclassed. 

hace 33 minutos, ErinaAlda dijo:

To be fair the Mire clears everything in the starchart with extreme ease, we are not talking starchart here your saying the opticor REALLY needs a buff..... if your opticor is struggling on starchart might want to put mods in it or something not trying to be rude but I thought you were talking about the fact sniper rifles outclass the opticor in single target damage and that is why you wanted it buffed.

You are interpreting me wrong. Im saying its cluncky and gets outshined by many weapons. It doesent excell at anything also. I want it buffed because there is no point using it considering there are so many other better options and it comes with many penalties. Read the post on the first page mentioning the issue about modding for crit or status, he makes a good point. 

hace 10 minutos, deothor dijo:

Opticor is incapable of breaking even 1 Eidolon limb on top of that lol 😛

But that's more of an issue of idiotic damage reduction Eidolon has

To be fair it can, but it takes a specific min max build and god roll riven. (Posted video on first page) 

I try remain as unbiased and neutral as possible. I give it credit where it is due. It can do good single dmg target (lankas better tho) but its at too high of a cost. Waiting for it to charge up while having the eidolon flail about or blast you away puts ones patience to the test. Not to mention no combo counter option if, like most players, dont have available a god roll riven so it is an ovdrall terrible eidolon weapon lol 

hace 2 minutos, Obviousclone dijo:

You do know that in regular missions, you can shoot the opticor without fully charging it right?

Well aware and it doesent change my opinion. Are you aware it has a really small mag, low cc, inability to hold a full charge etc etc right?

2 hours ago, 17inchguns said:

Opticor has low cc. I cant remeber off the top of my head rn but with no cc on riven its like 50 ish % and with a 2+ 1 neg the cc makes it go up to 80 ish pecent (maybe more idk). Opticor does less damage than lanka. As i said before i have top tier rivens for both, i have done tests and i know what i am talking about. Maybe without rivens the opticor might be more powerfull till  combo coubter kicks in, i honestly dont know because I dont play either without any mods or my rivens. Even if it were the case though, it takes very little time to get to a 2.0x not to mention it dosent suffer from opticors downsides like miniscule mag for instance. 

Lanka is my most played weapon and you are wrong. I can use it at any range. Try using opticor in tridolon run and you will understand what I mean about landing shots. Ive played both with the best possible setups and opticor feels lackluster. 

My build one shots most stuff the game throws at me even at lowest zoom or no scoping (regular mobs, not bosses obv) and I easily finish a mission with the most kills and damage of the squad. This i am not able to do with my opticor unless the squad is really bad or afk. I can rapid fire it since its enough to kill and it has a low reload and double mag capacity than opticor. If i need to hold onto the shot because a player or whatever is in the way i can, unlike with the opticor and this is a massive QOL improvement for me over opticor. 

I've got to be honest I can't understand a word of that first sentence.  As for the rest, my only real guess is that, out of your top-tier rivens, your Lanka one is higher tier.  As for never using them without their rivens, I don't feel like it makes sense to take rivens into account when discussing the general effectiveness of certain weapons since, not only are they difficult to get, but it is extremely unlikely any two players will have the same riven.  

If the Lanka is your most played weapon, have you though about the possibility that maybe you are just far more proficient with it that most other players, and relatively less proficient with the Opticor?  Personally, I have trouble consistently keeping my shot combo with the Lanka above 5 and have a very hard time targeting anything that isn't really far away or slow as heck.  Meanwhile I can absolutely wreck shop with the Opticor hardly ever miss a shot, even against faster enemies, and, as you with your Lanka, often end missions with most kills/damage.

I wasnt being literal about emptying my mag before opticor fires i was making a point which is i can ceetainly pull off more shots in the same time. Go fully forma both, get god rolls for both and then come back and tell me it doesent get outclassed.

I honestly didn't think you were being literal, but you did exaggerate to a ridiculous degree.  the Opticor's Charge time is 2 seconds as opposed to the Lanka's 1, that isn't that big of a difference.

Also, sorry, while I definitely plan to maximize both these weapons, it obviously won't happen in time to bring my findings to this discussion.  However, I can at the very least do calculations and look at the numbers of each of these weapons maximized.  Having done so, I will concede this, according to the numbers with the necessary forma for ideal builds with what would presumably be ideal rivens for each weapon, My previous statement stand slightly altered; the Lanka now only needs five shots to surpass the damage of the Opticor (at a multiplier of 1.5) as opposed to the previous 15.

Edited by xXRampantXx

To be fair it can, but it takes a specific min max build and god roll riven. (Posted video on first page) 

the specific build is a given, but godroll rivens (or any rivens to begin with) shouldn't be included imo. It's more of a cherry on top of a cake.. At least it should be...

Hmm...I think Opticor is fine honestly.

1. Opticor isn't a Sniper so it shouldn't compete with Snipers.
Especially in content designed around/with Snipers in mind as the preference.
2. Snipers receive Crit Bonuses innately in order to reward precision shots at Maximum Zoom. Opticor does none of that.
3. Opticor has AOE & in the content it's designed for it's still one of the best/Top Tier Weapons around.

If anything Opticor is more in competition with the Arca Plasmor than it is with the Lanka & Rubico.

• Like 1

hace 8 horas, xXRampantXx dijo:

I've got to be honest I can't understand a word of that first sentence.  As for the rest, my only real guess is that, out of your top-tier rivens, your Lanka one is higher tier.  As for never using them without their rivens, I don't feel like it makes sense to take rivens into account when discussing the general effectiveness of certain weapons since, not only are they difficult to get, but it is extremely unlikely any two players will have the same riven.  

If the Lanka is your most played weapon, have you though about the possibility that maybe you are just far more proficient with it that most other players, and relatively less proficient with the Opticor?  Personally, I have trouble consistently keeping my shot combo with the Lanka above 5 and have a very hard time targeting anything that isn't really far away or slow as heck.  Meanwhile I can absolutely wreck shop with the Opticor hardly ever miss a shot, even against faster enemies, and, as you with your Lanka, often end missions with most kills/damage.

I honestly didn't think you were being literal, but you did exaggerate to a ridiculous degree.  the Opticor's Charge time is 2 seconds as opposed to the Lanka's 1, that isn't that big of a difference.

Also, sorry, while I definitely plan to maximize both these weapons, it obviously won't happen in time to bring my findings to this discussion.  However, I can at the very least do calculations and look at the numbers of each of these weapons maximized.  Having done so, I will concede this, according to the numbers with the necessary forma for ideal builds with what would presumably be ideal rivens for each weapon, My previous statement stand slightly altered; the Lanka now only needs five shots to surpass the damage of the Opticor (at a multiplier of 1.5) as opposed to the previous 15.

They both have groll rivens with s rank stats. But even if i put a lower tier riven on lanka it still outperforms opticor. Regarding your comparison, raw numbers arent everything (took me a while to realise this too). Opticor rivenless has a 50% chance to crit. I assume since u have some base I dont need to elaborate on that, but imo thats very inconsistent and you basically do underwhelming dmg 50% of the time...
Its true im more proficient with the lanka due to using it more, but I still find it easy landing shots when i use another snipers. Opticor on the other hand is not the same, there is always that one time i have to slightly correct my aiming in the last second due to an enemy moving erratically or due to some other reason and without a doubt where this is most painfully evident is in tridolons. 
2 sec vs 1 sec. So i can dish out 2 shots as opposed to 1 of opticor, which further prooves my point. You say it takes 5 shots now, and considering with ms on a riven you can get a guranteed 3 shots each time, sowmtimes 4 (without ms on riven you can get 50% chance at 3 shots), it therefore takes 2 shots for this to happen (to get a 1.5x) and thats basically 1 opticor charge (1 sec charge vs 2) so from the very first shot its already surpased it based on your calculations and assuming opticor crits (50% chance). As i said before, its not all about numbers, maybe on paper opticor does more dmg, but i can guarantee you that its not the case in real gameplay.

Id make a side by side video but whats the point, ive already linked enough evidence. There is no way a opticor will one shot a lvl 160 corrupted heavy gunner when it struggles to do 1 shot a lvl 125 with a top tier riven (see video on first page of the ksilisab video) and it has a lot more downsides to it than the lanka. 

hace 7 horas, deothor dijo:

the specific build is a given, but godroll rivens (or any rivens to begin with) shouldn't be included imo. It's more of a cherry on top of a cake.. At least it should be...

For eidolons thats how it is. Also to be fair i do my testing with volt, I avoid chroma because his buff is insane and it can make a mediocre riven look godly, not to mention i dont like playing him and wasting energy pad after energy pad. 

hace 4 horas, (PS4)Zero_029 dijo:

Hmm...I think Opticor is fine honestly.

1. Opticor isn't a Sniper so it shouldn't compete with Snipers.
Especially in content designed around/with Snipers in mind as the preference.
2. Snipers receive Crit Bonuses innately in order to reward precision shots at Maximum Zoom. Opticor does none of that.
3. Opticor has AOE & in the content it's designed for it's still one of the best/Top Tier Weapons around.

If anything Opticor is more in competition with the Arca Plasmor than it is with the Lanka & Rubico.

Ok fair points. So you want it to behave like a rifle or with the arca (a shot gun). In this case they can boost its aoe, maybe give it a toned doen lenz explosion. The arca feels more consistent and is easy to clear rooms without so many penalties like the opticor, not to mention all the other superior weapons available for this function. 

It certainly inst top tier imo, just see how many people use it in reg missions (i know this isnt a scientific indicator and popularity doesent always indicate a weapon is top tier) but it has some value when comparing weapons. 

12 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

The Opticor doesn’t really need a buff by any means, it’s fine as is since it’s already a strong weapon to begin with in the first place, it may not be the most damaging weapon in the game, but is certainly does not need a buff. Just because the Opticor isn't as powerful as the Lanka does not mean that it should receive a buff because it’s not up to par to it.

My thoughts exactly. 

My question has always been, with so many weapons available for so many different play styles, why fixate on the one weapon that doesn't work for the way you want to play it?

If the Opticor isn't doing what people want, then pick another weapon, there are 86 other primaries (by my count, don't quote me) in game.

hace 4 minutos, (XB1)CynNex dijo:

My thoughts exactly. 

My question has always been, with so many weapons available for so many different play styles, why fixate on the one weapon that doesn't work for the way you want to play it?

If the Opticor isn't doing what people want, then pick another weapon, there are 86 other primaries (by my count, don't quote me) in game.

Because its a missed oportunity. Opticor is somewhat of a unique weapon. I want to like it, but there is no reason for me to do so atm. 

For other weapons which have similar alternatives that are not unuque fine, ill go pick another, but not the case of opticor. 

hace 2 minutos, kgabor dijo:

It was already buffed, got a ridiculous big AoE compared to its high damage that was originally meant for single target, since then it's incredibly rewarding and easy to use only powercreeped by the Plasmor.

I dont agree with it being rewarding. I cant pre charge it, or hold the trigger to compensate for last minute movement or need due to the enviroment, it just shoots it, resulting in 0 damage and only 4 bullets left... also that 50% crit makes me rely on rng...

But this is subjective, however, like i said to people before, look how many people use it in day to day squads. If it were so fantastic and rewarding as you describe it to be it would be used a LOT more 

il y a 22 minutes, 17inchguns a dit :

I want to like it

So each time some people don't like a weapon but want to like it, DE should buff it... seems legit.

Can I have a buff for my lato vandal? I like the weapon, it's good but it doesn't match lanka for eidolon run...neitheir it clean a room with a single bullet. It's not fair.

24 minutes ago, 17inchguns said:

I dont agree with it being rewarding. I cant pre charge it, or hold the trigger to compensate for last minute movement or need due to the enviroment, it just shoots it, resulting in 0 damage and only 4 bullets left... also that 50% crit makes me rely on rng...

But this is subjective, however, like i said to people before, look how many people use it in day to day squads. If it were so fantastic and rewarding as you describe it to be it would be used a LOT more 

Have you ever tried it with Harrow, Argon Scope? (maybe a Kavat and a crit riven too)

One headshot kills the whole squad, and you can spam it while Penance-s buff is active giving you another crit buff on the next shot, combine that with Lasting Covenant and you got an undying support that instakills everything.

Throw a Zenistar disc in the mix and some extra cc with Azima disc cold procs and you got the ultimate cheese build for sortie level content.

54 minutes ago, 17inchguns said:

Because its a missed oportunity. Opticor is somewhat of a unique weapon. I want to like it, but there is no reason for me to do so atm. 

For other weapons which have similar alternatives that are not unuque fine, ill go pick another, but not the case of opticor. 

Fair enough

I admit that is a fun weapon to use in the right situation (basically when lives DON'T depend on it) but does require a specific kind of build.  It's definitely not an "endgame" weapon although it may have been way back when.  Unfortunately in a game like Warframe where there are so many weapons with new ones being added on a fairly regular basis, power creep becomes a thing and not every weapon can be top tier.

I still enjoy mine with the right Warframe, mod, companion setup but I very rarely build to rely heavily one specific weapon or set up because a) I get bored and b) I have lots to choose from so I like to mix and match to see what works and sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised when some things that I would never have thought to put together suddenly become complete facewreckers. 

Then again, I'm not really that fussed about end game content or having that one weapon that destroys all and play for chill's sake but then again that's personal preference.  It's also probably the reason that I've only ever bothered taking down the Teralyst (the other reason being that I spend a significant amount of time playing solo) and I don't have maxed arcanes and that sort of thing.

Edited by (XB1)CynNex
more words needed saying

To be fair the opticor is considered an AR rifle and not a sniper so you are comparing it to the wrong weapon class.  I often take my opticor to AR rifle only sorties and have no trouble clearing mobs up to sortie 3.  Plus it is a good choke point weapon and can clear whole hallways with one shot.  While it can be viable for hunts it is not a sniper and shouldn't be compared with one.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 17inchguns said:

It gets painfully outclassed by lanka and rubico in absoluteley everything, and by almost all snipers for that fact)

Slow charge times, low mag, slowish reload for what it is, no ability to cancel beam easily, low cc... all these downsides and it still doesent even come close to compensating for them in any way. Yes it does decent damage per shot but so do snipers without half of the downsides. 

I asked myself why would one ever use this weapon, maybe eidolons due to it being so niche? Ironically it still gets painfully outclassed by snipers once again. I am able to 1 shot with lanka and volt no buffs other than shield, 2 shots with rubico. Opticor only 1 shots when i have kavat boost cc and by the time i have charged up the beam the eidolon mooves and may make me miss. All this is using top tier rivens. If you dont have a riven/top tier riven it will take more shots with all 3, however you can rack up damage with combo counter to compensate, but not with opticor. To top it all of it also got its disposition lowered, wha the hell?!!

I really want to like the opticor but its just impossible to do so right now in its current state. DE should buff it somehow, reduce charge up time, boost cc, give it a larger mag, whatever but buff it!

Okay first, the Opticor is an assult rifle not a sniper rifle, compare it with those is plain stupid and unfair and second, the weapon has the highest base attack of all the rifles in the game, I can easly one shoot anything in orb valis and lv 150 enemies with it, so yeah a buff will be kinda overkill for this weapon, example:

HRQsMyW.png

Seems fine to me.

Edited by -NightmareMoon-
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashagin said:

To be fair the opticor is considered an AR rifle and not a sniper so you are comparing it to the wrong weapon class.  I often take my opticor to AR rifle only sorties and have no trouble clearing mobs up to sortie 3.  Plus it is a good choke point weapon and can clear whole hallways with one shot.  While it can be viable for hunts it is not a sniper and shouldn't be compared with one.

Sortie 3 isnt really challenging but ok, lets go with that. Try using tiberon prime instead. No downsides in comparison, much more easier to use and less frustrating. 

I hunt regularly and I dont count it as viable in tridolon despite being able to one shot w volt lol. Its too cluncky, requires a min max build and g roll riven. You are way better off with the catchmoon if you refuse to use a sniper...

12 minutes ago, -NightmareMoon- said:

Okay first, the Opticor is an assult rifle not a sniper rifle, compare it with those is plain stupid and unfair, and second the weapon has the higes base attack of all the  rifles on the game, I can easly one shoot anything in orb valis and lv 150 bombards with it, so yeah a buff will be kinda overkill for this weapon.

I can compare it to what I want and i choose to do so with what it most seems to be. It is a slow charge, low firerste, low mag... etc hmmm sounds quite like a sniper no? Unless you consider most rifles to have a 5 mag and slow rate of fire, oh wait they dont... just because its labelled as a ar doesent mean it cant behave like another weapon class and thus can be compared to such (eg catchmoon is a pistol but it basically is a more powerfull arca p with a slightly lower area coverage of its pellet/wave.

I couldnt care less if you one shot everything in orb V, doesent take much and it sure doesent mean anything regarding your point lol.

Calling BS and lie on one shotting 150 bombards. I posted a video of a youtuber with a god roll opticor riven and he failed to 1 shot a lvl 125 heavy gunner twice. You are just talking nonesense with no proof whatsoever.

Finally I never said buff its damage to 6x. They could lower charge time, buff cc etc. Try thinking outside the box instead of spewing lies and negativity