Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opticor REALLY needs a buff

17inchguns

2 minutes ago, 17inchguns said:

I can compare it to what I want and i choose to do so with what it most seems to be. It is a slow charge, low firerste, low mag... etc hmmm sounds quite like a sniper no? Unless you consider most rifles to have a 5 mag and slow rate of fire, oh wait they dont... just because its labelled as a ar doesent mean it cant behave like another weapon class and thus can be compared to such (eg catchmoon is a pistol but it basically is a more powerfull arca p with a slightly lower area coverage of its pellet/wave.

I couldnt care less if you one shot everything in orb V, doesent take much and it sure doesent mean anything regarding your point lol.

Calling BS and lie on one shotting 150 bombards. I posted a video of a youtuber with a god roll opticor riven and he failed to 1 shot a lvl 125 heavy gunner twice. You are just talking nonesense with no proof whatsoever.

Finally I never said buff its damage to 6x. They could lower charge time, buff cc etc. Try thinking outside the box instead of spewing lies and negativity

the weapon has no problems, there problem here is your incompetence with it, I'm sorry but I can argue with morons, is a lost battle already.

GT6fa6K.png

will you shut up now?

• Like 2

hace 52 minutos, -NightmareMoon- dijo:

Okay first, the Opticor is an assult rifle not a sniper rifle, compare it with those is plain stupid and unfair and second, the weapon has the highest base attack of all the rifles in the game, I can easly one shoot anything in orb valis and lv 150 enemies with it, so yeah a buff will be kinda overkill for this weapon, example:

HRQsMyW.png

Seems fine to me.

Nice stealth edit. Screenshotting a 140 corpus unit with sayrn and 3 shots in the mag.. just LOL where do i begin.
Corpus are weak as hell, you can make any weapon look godly with them, despite it being average or even trash. Secondly 3 shots in mag, so could have taken you 2 shots and you are just screenshotting last shot. Thirdly you get 2 yellow crits, which means either you were lucky since you stuck with its base 50%cc w point strike or you had cc in the riven and was able to kill in one shot because it is a weak enemy and had more chances of yellow crit (with the max possible cc on a riven you still arent guaranteed a yellow crit). Furthermore, for it to be usable in day to day usage it needs firerate mods, which you may have excluded in that screenshot and just gone for absolute damage, making your atgument pointless.  Also screenshots dont show how cumbersome it is to kill them, once you see the cc inconsistency, chargw up time and cluncky mechanics it becomes a whole other story.

Where is the 1 shot corrupted heavy bombard lvl 150 you initially talked about? I mean, atleast make the corpus weakling 150 lmfao.

5 minutes ago, 17inchguns said:

Nice stealth edit. Screenshotting a 140 corpus unit with sayrn and 3 shots in the mag.. just LOL where do i begin.
Corpus are weak as hell, you can make any weapon look godly with them, despite it being average or even trash. Secondly 3 shots in mag, so could have taken you 2 shots and you are just screenshotting last shot. Thirdly you get 2 yellow crits, which means either you were lucky since you stuck with its base 50%cc w point strike or you had cc in the riven and was able to kill in one shot because it is a weak enemy and had more chances of yellow crit (with the max possible cc on a riven you still arent guaranteed a yellow crit). Furthermore, for it to be usable in day to day usage it needs firerate mods, which you may have excluded in that screenshot and just gone for absolute damage, making your atgument pointless.  Also screenshots dont show how cumbersome it is to kill them, once you see the cc inconsistency, chargw up time and cluncky mechanics it becomes a whole other story.

Where is the 1 shot corrupted heavy bombard lvl 150 you initially talked about? I mean, atleast make the corpus weakling 150 lmfao.

another moron, do you even know how armor and damage work on this game? the fools on this game never seize to amaze me,  I don't have to photoshop anything to state a point, but ofc this dude that created his account no less than 3 months know better than me lol

Edited by -NightmareMoon-

hace 2 minutos, -NightmareMoon- dijo:

the weapon has no problems, there problem here is your incompetence with it, I'm sorry but I can argue with morons, is a lost battle already.

GT6fa6K.png

will you shut up now?

IDGAF about screenshots. Also 10 levels under what you claimed lol. I dont like namecalling so i wont, the only incompetent person here is you. Now leave, its my thread and i can speak if i please, take your stupidity and toxicity with you. 

17 hours ago, 17inchguns said:

True but even witg firerate it still feels too slow. By modding for firerate you loose damage too. And ok, lets say you are killing in 1 shot still and have a firerate mod on plus fr in riven. You still cant get away from the tiny mag capacity and slow reload...

I think it's just plain painful without a fire rate mod, even if you are losing damage. Part of me wants to test it with a decent riven but between the cost of even an unrolled opticor riven and the time required to put like 6 forma on it I'm just not motivated to bother. Not when my hunter munitions rubico with a crit crit multi riven can already one shot like, anything.

• Like 1

hace 16 minutos, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA dijo:

I think it's just plain painful without a fire rate mod, even if you are losing damage. Part of me wants to test it with a decent riven but between the cost of even an unrolled opticor riven and the time required to put like 6 forma on it I'm just not motivated to bother. Not when my hunter munitions rubico with a crit crit multi riven can already one shot like, anything.

Totally agree. The time and plat investment needed to make it worth while is too steep tbh. I did because i like testing stuff and have the means to do so, but for most players they are better off avoiding the headache. 

I do feel like it can have a lot of potential, with some tweeking and buffs, then it would make it more worthwhile to invest into this unique weapon and encourage weapon diversity. 

I haven't read much of this thread, but

when did this thread devolve into

"if it can't oneshot a level 160 enemy that you cannot find on the starchart, it's not viable and therefore REALLY needs a buff".

and also

"If it's not literally stronger than the strongest gun in the game in it's perfected, ultimate, maximized form, then it REALLY needs a buff"

• Like 3

8 hours ago, 17inchguns said:

Unlikely. One of the damage tics is blue, meaning that shot ate through the shields, which is also happening on the kill shot meaning a one shot. I don't think NightmareMoon is lying about what opticor can do, or favoring screenshots. I think you are both getting too emotionally attached to your argument, which is a really pointless endeavor. 

It should be able to one shot a 150 with the right mods, which you could prove numerically through wikipedia and damage calculations if you'd like. Your other points aren't necessarily invalid, but also keep in mind that Opticor has AOE potential a sniper rifle doesn't. I personally prefer vectis/rubico, and wouldn't mind a buff for the Opticor, but I don't think a weapon that can 1-2 shot level 150 enemies is bad in any way either.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, -NightmareMoon- said:

another moron, do you even know how armor and damage work on this game? the fools on this game never seize to amaze me,  I don't have to photoshop anything to state a point, but ofc this dude that created his account no less than 3 months know better than me lol

Go with a video, screenshots can be doctored..

• Like 1

hace 4 horas, Acos dijo:

Unlikely. One of the damage tics is blue, meaning that shot ate through the shields, which is also happening on the kill shot meaning a one shot. I don't think NightmareMoon is lying about what opticor can do, or favoring screenshots. I think you are both getting too emotionally attached to your argument, which is a really pointless endeavor. 

It should be able to one shot a 150 with the right mods, which you could prove numerically through wikipedia and damage calculations if you'd like. Your other points aren't necessarily invalid, but also keep in mind that Opticor has AOE potential a sniper rifle doesn't. I personally prefer vectis/rubico, and wouldn't mind a buff for the Opticor, but I don't think a weapon that can 1-2 shot level 150 enemies is bad in any way either.

He claimed it one shots lvl 150 bombards. Posts screenshot of lvl 140 corpus and after I call it out, of a of 140 bombard. Ive posted on first page a link to video from a youtuber with a PERFECT pre dispo nerf riven and he fails to 1 shot a lvl 125 heavy gunner TWICE. Sure the troll can 1 shot a bombard lvl 140, if he crits on all 3 shots and removes his firerate mod and has a riven. Thats why i dont care for screenshots and a video is necessary. Maybe he had a dmg ms cd riven and it took him 8 tries untill he got all three crits due to rng (opticor without cc riven has 50% cc). So who knows. Screenshots dont mean a damn thing. 

I have all the proof i need from the youtubers video and from my own experience (i own a top opticor riven and i know very well how it works). Like I mentioned in a previous post, the absolute maximum cc obtainable on a opticor riven still doesent make it reach 100cc. 

Just look at who starts throwing insults and then comments on how he is better because he became a member before me. I bet he is one of those high mr people who think just because they grinded mr fodder they know everything, but it turns out they lack knoledge of basic game mechanics. Like really, dont talk to me about emotionally attached when this troll is 10x worse. Admittedley the troll got to me and i naturally reacted, but it was out of hand and he singlehadedly derailed this thread and turned it into conflict and negativity. 

Snipers have aoe potential (gas lanka build for eg) Just because it can 1 shot a lvl 150 as you say, doesent disregard all its downsides. By that logic, if i have a gun that takes 3 minutes to charge, but 1 shots a lvl 160 then its the best gun in the game, when in truth it would be terrible.

So three things:

1) Real answer to the "problem" the op has...remove the ability to turn the sniper scope off.  Now, no more issues with Sniper's "outclassing" the opticor because you'll be forced to use the zoom and can no longer use the sniper rifles like semi auto rifles which is basically what the opticor is.  Which is why the Veldt is not used by anyone...and boy does that need some work.  Should be the apex weapon on the plains.  Why was it made again?

2) Here's things the Opticor has that snipers do not

3) There's nothing wrong with the Opticor.  It's still viable for all any tier sortie without a groll riven and will work in Arbirtations that don't involve the infested.  Ask me how I know.  The issue is "why would I use anything on an open map instance like Orb or Plains other than the insanely overpowered Rubico or Lanka?"  The Rubico Prime has a 3.0 crit multiplier.   Forget that it's primarily impact damage...who cares....just add Vital Sense and Point Strike and OHK just about everything on the map.  The Rubico has become my defualt weapon for dealing with the Corpus.

So, the OP has detected there's an issue.  And he's right regarding there being an issue...just not what the actual problem is.

Problem is that you can use Sniper rifles like semi auto rifles.  Make the scope mandatory and everything magically takes care of itself.  

• Like 3

hace 48 minutos, (PS4)BattleCry1791 dijo:

So three things:

1) Real answer to the "problem" the op has...remove the ability to turn the sniper scope off.  Now, no more issues with Sniper's "outclassing" the opticor because you'll be forced to use the zoom and can no longer use the sniper rifles like semi auto rifles which is basically what the opticor is.  Which is why the Veldt is not used by anyone...and boy does that need some work.  Should be the apex weapon on the plains.  Why was it made again?

2) Here's things the Opticor has that snipers do not

3) There's nothing wrong with the Opticor.  It's still viable for all any tier sortie without a groll riven and will work in Arbirtations that don't involve the infested.  Ask me how I know.  The issue is "why would I use anything on an open map instance like Orb or Plains other than the insanely overpowered Rubico or Lanka?"  The Rubico Prime has a 3.0 crit multiplier.   Forget that it's primarily impact damage...who cares....just add Vital Sense and Point Strike and OHK just about everything on the map.  The Rubico has become my defualt weapon for dealing with the Corpus.

So, the OP has detected there's an issue.  And he's right regarding there being an issue...just not what the actual problem is.

Problem is that you can use Sniper rifles like semi auto rifles.  Make the scope mandatory and everything magically takes care of itself.  

Lanka has punchthrough... according to the wikki a fully charged shot has a 5m punchthrough. I am absoluteley sure it does because it lets me shoot through walls and i can kill rows of enemies. 

Stick on voltage sequence or do a gas build and you have aoe build on the lanka. 

While it doesent have innate mag dmg, lanka does have elec instead, which imo is much more usefull. 

This can go on but what matters is how it feels in day to day use and ti doesent hold a candle to the lanka or most other snipers and decent rifles for that matter. 

Snipers are just fine as they are. The issue here is the opticor. It would be nice to have a buff for it like a somewhat decent cc for those who dont have a cc riven or a slower charge time. How come it takes double the time to charge than the lanka, while a the same time having half the magazine size and less tahn half the cc (if zoomed in w lanka obv) 

Electric damage on Lanka really isn't that great against anything other than already squishy robotics, unless you slot a Heat mod for Radiation damage in which case it basically loses all its cc. capability, which isn't bad since that's not the point of the weapon.

Are you really comparing the Lanka's pitiful AoE to the Opticor's that doesn't require any aim other than pointing to the enemies direction? Lawl.

Opticor also has innate punchthrough btw..

Again, use Harrow for critical chance and fire rate, you don't need anything else.

• Like 1

Some weapons are stronger then other weapons? especially when meta riven are involved ?

OH HEAVENS ALERT DE TO THIS INJUSTICE HOW DARE A GUN GET OUTCLASSED BY A DIFFERENT GUN

its called powercreep nothing new toss in rivens and you have lost me but i just had to get my overdamatic sarcasm in 

good day and or night

• Like 2

One thing that is ignored here is how DE wants MR to reflect power, but then an MR 14 gun (Opticor) is somewhat less effective than an MR 10 gun (Lanka). If the Opticor remained MR 5 I understand, but this just feels self contradictory anyway.

Also, I rather Prisma Opticor than Opticor Vandal. Prisma normally increases crit chance and attack speed, which is really the only buff Opticor needs.

4 hours ago, 17inchguns said:

A bunch of incorrect garbage or things not pertinent to the conversation

Did I stutter?  You need the following 12 step program:

1. reread BattleCry's post
  2. Absorb it
  3. Come to terms with it
  4. Accept it
  5. Preach it
  6. Profit
  7. repeat steps 1-6 until head is removed from rear
  8. repeat steps 1-6 until head is removed from rear
  9. repeat steps 1-6 until head is removed from rear
  10. repeat steps 1-6 until head is removed from rear
  11. repeat steps 1-6 until head is removed from rear
  12. repeat steps 1-6 until head is removed from rear

On 2019-01-02 at 12:10 AM, 17inchguns said:

So why would i use opticor when i can use a faster chargung gun, with more bullets in the mag, which is FAR less cluncky and can be used in eidolons too? I like its niche, its a fun change, but it has to be buffed.

So, once the Opticor will be buffed to surpass Lanka, why would I ever use a Lanka over the Supreme Opticor one-shotting everything ? Let's buff the Lanka ! And so on.

You're comparing Apples to Potatoes. Nobody gives a damn, you use Opticor IF YOU ACTUALLY ENJOY USING IT, stop trying to say it's a S#&$ weapon because hurr durr it can't one-shot lvl 600 Bombards when you're leaving all your Hydrons at wave 10 and the highest Bombard you actually encounter is the Eximus Bombard lvl 100 in Sortie 3 you're not even seeing because it's an Assassination mission and you're too busy bullet-jumping.

The Opticor is a damn fine weapon, the Lanka too, hey the Phantasma too, guess what ? Even the Soma Prime is still a very nice weapon but it doesn't one-shot level 155 Bombards either.

• Like 1