Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opticor REALLY needs a buff

17inchguns

I think the problem with the Opricor is that its AoE is utter dross. I don't expect the weapon to compare to high-crit sniper rifles with all their scope damage buffs, but it would be nice if the Opticor made up for that by having better multi-kill capability. The innate 400-damage magnetic AoE sounds nice in theory until you remember that damn near anything of substance resists Magnetic AND the AoE consistently fails to trigger. I've all but completely failed trigger it on bodyshots against enemies, and even when it does hit the damage dropoff is too significant for it to matter. Want to make the Opticor better? Spawn an AoE for every enemy hit, instead of just the first thing it hits. Make it act like a mini Gas proc. That would give it substantially more utility in a crowd than it currently has, and give it a distinctly different feel to sniper rifles. Might make it feel a bit more like the BFG that it actually looks at. Also, can we get some visual indication of the Magnetic AoE? Some kind of sphere or explosion effect or SOMETHING to even know that it's trigering?

While we're on the sumbject, make the mean thicker, both visually and in terms of hitbox. It's curently 50cm, so bump that up to a meter in diameter and let the gun fire through crowds more easily.

I love the Opticore to death and use it regularly, but it really does feel like a hamstrung sniper rifle which was intended to have better AoE that it rarely achieves with any regularity.

Do the favor of not being toxic.

In any case it seems bad to me, and I will say it for my points of view:

1. If buffs to the Opticor, indirectly you are nerfing the rest of the weapons. Which seems to me very bad, and very selfish.

2. This is not a game to walk all the time with ONESHOT. What is in the META? Yes. But not for that reason, if you can not do oneshoot at very high levels you have to buff.

Each weapon has its Cons and its Pros.

So please, do not unbalance the weapons anymore. That there are already many people who want to use certain weapons for their style of play and even if they are powerful enough and can compete with the weapons that are OP.

• Like 1

Opticor Vandal can't come soon enough, I would like to see a buffed version, since now we have the Ferrox and the Battacor which have the same kind of powerful laser, only they seem to be even stronger and have much less recharge time. I wouldn't say the Opticor is weak, just maybe a little behind the times. the easiest way to solve the problem would just be to add a Vandal version with a much faster charge speed and more Crit so it can hit harder.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Opticor Vandal can't come soon enough, I would like to see a buffed version, since now we have the Ferrox and the Battacor which have the same kind of powerful laser, only they seem to be even stronger and have much less recharge time. I wouldn't say the Opticor is weak, just maybe a little behind the times. the easiest way to solve the problem would just be to add a Vandal version with a much faster charge speed and more Crit so it can hit harder.

Yeah cuz the Potato and forma I spent on the original...that won't be wasted at all.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

Yeah cuz the Potato and forma I spent on the original...that won't be wasted at all.

well that's just too bad. it's always been like this: you invest in a weapon, eventually a better version comes out, then you invest in that. it's called progression. I put several Formas into my Supra before the Supra Vandal came out, but I didn't complain. in fact I was excited that I would get an even better weapon that would be much stronger than the old one once a few formas went into it. also, nobody is forcing you to get rid of the original, if you have the slots you can keep them both, and build them differently so that they both serve a purpose.

besides, if you get plenty use out of the weapon before a better version comes along, it's not really a waste, is it? 

• Like 2