Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo decorations auto-rotating in incredibly annoying fashion

Shahrizai

As seen in the following two videos dojo decorations are auto-rotating without user input and in violation of user-selected restraints.

Items rotating mid-placement

Items that have already been placed occasionally rotate without prompting when selected

For both of these demonstrations I had billboard facing off, and angle locked at 45 degrees. There is no reason the item should not be parallel or perpendicular to the main axis of the room.

As far as I can tell the bug in the first video is caused by rotating through the 3 axis options (hold right click, press "Z" 3 times while in decorator mode) sometimes seems to add a rotation of approximately 5 degrees to the object. This new rotation becomes the absolute reference for rotation; that is to say if this bug happens, and then you lock to 45 degree rotation and rotate, it will rotate 45 degrees from the new center instead of aligning 45 degrees to the axis of the room.  
The bug in the second video seems to be related. An item that has already been rotated several times will, when selected, occasionally rotate approximately 5 degrees off the center of its previous rotation.

Additional notes:
As far as I can tell this only happens around the blue "Yaw" axis.
It also seems to only happen to an item that has been rotated through multiple axis in a single go. Rotating around a single axis, placing the item, rotating around the next axis, placing the item, etc... doesn't seem to trigger the bug.

I know ya'll are just getting back from vacation, but this bug is incredibly annoying when trying to make nice looking creations in the dojo. Please fix.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Shahrizai
grammar
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue, but in my case it only does it when re-selecting items that have been placed in tight spaces or near many other decorations.

*EDIT* here is a video of me comparing the difference between an item that has been duplicated and one that has been spawned through the menu. Please note that my rotation/grid snapping is set to 45 degrees throughout most of the video.

Edited by TheOneMagnus

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping because this is still going on and this is the only post other than the one i just made on reddit about it that i can find mentioning it. Absolutely infuriating bug that i can't believe isn't being raged at by everybody trying to decorate their dojos. 

Edited by [DE]Helen

• 1 month later...

The problem is worst than that, I've thought it came only from the duplication mecanic, but even with just placing some slot-picked items and placing them side by side, sometime the rotation break by herself without even touching the rotation. Some time the bug comes from the surface-snapping enabled but sometime it's just nonsense.

That's always some very small modifications like if some float variable was automatically added (I face some kind of float-value trouble on rotation in unreal engine float vectors 3 rotator) that break entirely the alignment of meshes. On some decoration it's not that annoying but when you're trying to do an artifical floor it's nightmare.

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP. I've given up on decorating my dojo. Not only is the rotation bug annoying, objects seem to be really finicky with what direction they phase through objects. Objects should be able to entirely phase through each other and, using the restricted movement is absolutely useless because of this.

I have had the exact same problem, it's incredibly annoying especially when you have a form of OCD where everything has to be exactly in the right place, I had to completely re-design part of my room that I built because of this issue 🤬

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...