Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hephaestus the Blacksmith Frame

Lucas_Aubergine

First time making a frame, haven't figured out all the stat stuff yet but i thought id post a basic concept and see what people thing. Hephaestus is built to be a support tank frame and his abilities are centered around buffing armor and weapon damage while debuffing enemies. As i am no artist i cant really give a good depiction of what he'd look like but feel free to imagine what you like for him. Anyways here's what i have so far, feedback is encouraged. 

Hephaestus

Stats (Rank 30)

Armor:                     200

Energy:                   150

Health:                    350

Shield:                    400

Sprint Speed:          0.95

Passive: Any melee attack that Hephaestus lands has a 5% chance to break an enemy's armor on impact.

1: Ringing of Hammers (25) - Hephaestus throws out an energy hammer that flies in a straight line causing bludgeoning damage and knockdown to all enemies caught in it's line.

2: Anvil Echo (25) - Hephaestus hammers down on an energy anvil and causes a minor boost to allies armor while stunning all enemies within range.             

3: Smiths Apron (75) - Hephaestus dons his smiths apron giving him and all allies a large boost in status damage resistance for the duration.

4: Armaments of the Gods  (100) - Hephaestus hammers down on his anvil causing his allies weapons and armor to increase in efficiency/damage for the duration.   

Edited by Lucas_Aubergine

As a blacksmith I figured he would be mostly a support type warframe which DE does need to make at least 2 and 1 more survivor to balance out the 2 defense(gara and khora) and 2 offense(revenant and Garuda). 

I was picturing something that can increase the damage of melees. Maybe like increasing the critical chance and multiplier.

Then there’s something like Shattering Impact, that destroys armor and shields based on the charge. If charged to 100%, all the armor and/or shields would be permanently gone. 

I could see an increase in armor but then again, we have too many armor buffing frames. Maybe something more like an armor link where he links with enemies or teammates to gain an armor buff which applies to teammates as well. Mainly useful for a squad filled with high armor teammates. 

Last I could see him summoning something like an Exalted Heavy Blade almost similar in shape to the galatine that has really long reach but is slow. And could inflict fire damage being that it is made of molten metal. 

That or a buff where he increases the range of his melees and adds fire damage. The more range he has the longer the melees reach. The more damage he has, the greater the fire bonus. Basically could turn a dagger into a sword. Like turning fang prime into dual skana. Length wise. 

If all 3 melee buffs were to be activated at once, it would cost a lot of energy but could become “OP” depending on the enemies and mission. Could even buff warframes like Umbra that would create an OP duo. 

Just my opinion. 

On 2019-01-02 at 2:27 AM, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

As a blacksmith I figured he would be mostly a support type warframe which DE does need to make at least 2 and 1 more survivor to balance out the 2 defense(gara and khora) and 2 offense(revenant and Garuda). 

I was picturing something that can increase the damage of melees. Maybe like increasing the critical chance and multiplier.

Then there’s something like Shattering Impact, that destroys armor and shields based on the charge. If charged to 100%, all the armor and/or shields would be permanently gone. 

I could see an increase in armor but then again, we have too many armor buffing frames. Maybe something more like an armor link where he links with enemies or teammates to gain an armor buff which applies to teammates as well. Mainly useful for a squad filled with high armor teammates. 

Last I could see him summoning something like an Exalted Heavy Blade almost similar in shape to the galatine that has really long reach but is slow. And could inflict fire damage being that it is made of molten metal. 

That or a buff where he increases the range of his melees and adds fire damage. The more range he has the longer the melees reach. The more damage he has, the greater the fire bonus. Basically could turn a dagger into a sword. Like turning fang prime into dual skana. Length wise. 

If all 3 melee buffs were to be activated at once, it would cost a lot of energy but could become “OP” depending on the enemies and mission. Could even buff warframes like Umbra that would create an OP duo. 

Just my opinion. 

Yeah I really love the idea of a Warframe who is a tanky support that just makes allies weapons strong and possibly doing something with armor. Again its mostly a concept that i had after watching a video or two on fan made frames so it isnt really 100% thought out. Still i see a lot of potential in the idea and it could really turn out to be a good frame idea/design. I'll wait for more stat based feedback before editing what i have but your response will help me in developing him further. Thank you and have a wonderful day as well!