Rework Equinox/Equinox Prime

varfol75

Hello Digital Extremes! 

I am a big fan of your game. I would like you to pay attention to equinox, which will be the next prime warframe. 
With a large increase in the number of warframes, equinox becomes not interesting on their.

Despite the great potential of the warframe, most abilities are absolutely not used. I want to propose an idea how to revive this warframe. 

3 the ability is extremely good, but its low radius does not allow, because of the scale of the game, to give any support to the allies, because of which this ability has become completely ignored.

It is necessary to increase the initial radius of the ability from 16 to 25-30 meters in order to benefit

The first ability rarely switches because it is unnecessary, because 25 seconds is not enough for the buffs to act on the equinox itself. I propose that this ability work on an ongoing basis depending on the chosen form of equinox.

Sorry for the mistakes in the text, if any. I do not know much English. I hope that my appeal will be noticed.

The only flaw I've ever really come across with Equinox is not retaining charge when switching from Night and Day.

Her Peaceful Provocation augment resets to base value if you switch and her Mend / Maim does the same. This has kept Equinox players from wanting to make full use of her different forms and instead pick one to specialize in. Even so far as to specialize one ability among seven.

They made an augment for Mend / Main to retain it's charge but I feel this should  be a normal function of the ability in addition to Pacify / Provoke's augment. I feel they just kidna rubbed salt in there when they made the Mend / Maim augment. Acknowledging this is a problem for her but as usual fixing it with a band-aid mod.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

The only flaw I've ever really come across with Equinox is not retaining charge when switching from Night and Day.

Her Peaceful Provocation augment resets to base value if you switch and her Mend / Maim does the same. This has kept Equinox players from wanting to make full use of her different forms and instead pick one to specialize in. Even so far as to specialize one ability among seven.

They made an augment for Mend / Main to retain it's charge but I feel this should  be a normal function of the ability in addition to Pacify / Provoke's augment. I feel they just kidna rubbed salt in there when they made the Mend / Maim augment. Acknowledging this is a problem for her but as usual fixing it with a band-aid mod.

They made an augment for mend/maim to hold the charge value upon switching forms.

I wish that her abilities actually encouraged switching more often by synergizing across her forms, but I don't think it's necessary. I also wish, as others have stated, that her 4th augment was inherent to the ability.

To me, the big change should really be about the Main aura damage and proc being changed to puncture instead of slash. Stored damage can remain Slash.

I'd been pushing for equinox changes since 6 months ago.

Half her abilities are either not useful, unless you use the augment for it. Her night 3 isn't useful without the augment because it has diminishing returns on DR/enemy debuff with power strength, and with the augment it essentially becomes a channeled nerfed slowva. It also has a directly opposite build requirement to her day 3 (which is a good ability but the build for it is very specific and counterintuitive for her other abilities. Also, if you try to build night 3 for damage reduction without the augment, your power strength requirement to hit 80% DR is over 300%, or 75% which is trinities DR amount at 250%ish. That is wayyy too much required strength for a mediocre debuff on enemies, and it is incredibly energy inefficient since the drain scales higher the more enemies are in your range.

Same thing with equinox 1, without the augment its buff is not very useful since it decays over its duration, and 90% of the time equinox builds are based around staying in 1 form so that makes it even less used.

Sleep is fine, but the rage counterpart is very niche as unlike a speedva Molecular prime it has to be aimed specifically at a point and its range isnt that good even with range mods, meaning if you are going to use rage you'll basically have to be spamming it so fast you get arthritis or you get a macro.

Now to her 4s, maim is fine and is a good ability, but mend although on paper is a good heal, the cast time for mend is identical to maim meaning it is very very sluggish, and mend stores up too much heals at a time which ends up in wasted heals. If it instead gave you the heals you accumulated over a duration after deactivating mend it might be a lot better, because right now because of how little healthpool all frames have in comparison to the damage we do, mend overheals us 100 times more than it needs to.

Edited by birdobash