Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how many of you still block? included other questions?

ChaoticEdge

Do you player still block bullets that still coming to you still even the rockets or some laser shooting at you?

If it is a yes, how do you feel about the % of the block of melee weapons, should there be a mod buff that blocking %?

If De made elemental protection mod or status protection mods for melee weapons only use will you use them for blocking alot against incoming attacks that has thous type elements?

So please give your positive thoughts or neutral terms of words for this.

Edited by ChaoticEdge
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

I just feel cool blocking S#&$, but i do roll out off the way for gunners and bombards. And fun fuct : while blocking (or aiming) you can side roll and backflip instead of just rolling forward.

wasn't full answer, but would likely kind answer the other 2 please.

1 minute ago, ChaoticEdge said:

wasn't full answer, but would likely kind answer the other 2 please.

Well i just like the blocking animation so it's not like i really care about the % (i actually never checked tbh, i just hear people saying sword and shield having the highest number there)

Totally skipped the last question, my bad. If it can get to 100% immunity to compensate for being a pure utility mod, i can see people using it, given how most people on the other thread seems to really dig shields in general. But that means de'll need to make 8 different mods, which is enough to make an inpenetrable defense. I dunno how to balance it so. 

• Like 1

I don't block unless the combo for the weapon needs it. After all the DR from blocking isn't that much on most weapons, it only blocks attacks directly in front of you, and further you can just reflect instead (by channeling) which prevents all damage but costs energy which isn't that good either (they are getting rid of the channeling though in melee 3.0 which is good).

There are some mods for blocking but not like the ones you described but even then i wouldn't use them; why would i want to block more damage if it just lowers the amount of damage i deal (as it takes up a mod slot).

10 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

Don't mind if I do.

To answer the first question, no, I don't really block, hell I'm hard pressed to even draw my melee weapon most of the time outside of quick melee attacks, so outside of using the stance attacks that require blocking, no I don't block much at all. The reason why I tend to not block comes down to the idea of "Why reduce the damage when I can just avoid it?" along with the issue that blocking even with the most efficient weapons is still never enough once higher level enemies start showing up with scaling incoming damage.

I've answered no to the first part, but I'll give some input on part two for clarity. Yes there could be a mod for blocking % boosting, not much mind you, but something to help lower end block percent weapons out a bit, though I'm not sure if the player base would use it or not.

Lastly, the issue with trying to block status is mainly in the fact that you can't block some things, like infested gas isn't blockable whatsoever, though back in the day it was possible to block shield loss caused from the vacuum of space for some reason, and even if you put resistance while blocking mods on, I doubt people would sacrifice damage or speed for them as defense in Warframe falls off the higher the enemies scale, where everything becomes lethal if you aren't dodging like you're in the matrix all the time. 

9 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

Do you player still block bullets that still coming to you still even the rockets or some laser shooting at you?

If it is a yes, how do you feel about the % of the block of melee weapons, should there be a mod buff that blocking %?

If De made elemental protection mod or status protection mods for melee weapons only use will you use them for blocking alot against incoming attacks that has thous type elements?

That would be a cool idea IMO. Currently I usually only block for ground slam attacks to avoid the knockdown. Anyways, I really wish the Reflection mod would work more like a Genji deflect. I'm not sure if it still works the same way, but I believe Genji's deflect would add a multiplier to a Widow shot to guarantee a kill even if you just deflected to her body. In Warframe enemy damage is so weak against other enemies, but it would be cool if reflected damage would get some type of damage multiplier to make it more powerful against enemies. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

That would be a cool idea IMO. Currently I usually only block for ground slam attacks to avoid the knockdown. Anyways, I really wish the Reflection mod would work more like a Genji deflect. I'm not sure if it still works the same way, but I believe Genji's deflect would add a multiplier to a Widow shot to guarantee a kill even if you just deflected to her body. In Warframe enemy damage is so weak against other enemies, but it would be cool if reflected damage would get some type of damage multiplier to make it more powerful against enemies. 

That I like your answer the most.

• Like 1

il y a 41 minutes, ChaoticEdge a dit :

I hold the block button at all time, for the stance mostly.

The % is okay-ish. It's a plus, I don't even notice it most of the time.

I wouldn't waste my mod slot for elemental protection or status protection. That's just easily avoided.
If you sit still and block damage enough for it to matter then clearly you're doing something wrong with your melees and warframes.

I'm all for other unique mods like Guardian derision and the Ack & Brunt augment though.
I don't use them as often as I'd want because sometime the effects are barely noticeable, but I love the concept of it.
Blocking to provide benefit to your team or to charge yourself up instead of always just smashing the melee button sounds fun.

Yes I block simply because "why not if you have the option to block"

Blocking is still pretty useless in endgame even with Silva/Aegis Prime 90% blocking.

Currently there is no way to increase the block rate to 100% without downside. Even if there is one, it only blocks frontal damage.

It most likely will not be worth a slot.

Edited by Marvelous_A

I believe that Melee 3.0 is bumping blocking to a 100% chance, will no longer drain energy, & every attack blocked with add to the Combo Counter.
I believe Steve said they wanted to give players a reason to block, reward blocking/strategic blocking, & to make it useful. As with the current system Blocking has no use & feels more like self punishment.

Edit:

Wanted to clarify. I was mentioning this in response to the OP as a "There isn't much to discuss since Melee 3.0 is around the corner & many of the OPs questions are addressed in it.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

2 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

Tbh I miss when we got the block alteration with the first melee rework which allowed us to block all incoming damage with no penalty. 

Wish they'd bring that back as it would make blocking a bit more enjoyable as it was a good teamwork element if someone was down and the reviver needed quick cover. 

2 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

1. Yes, if I remember to block. Yes, if I'm in the situation with open spaces, minimal cover and melee only (i.e. sortie requirement).

2 & 3. I think they're pointless. Sure they help reducing damage, but only when we purposely pull out melee, block and still take some. Meanwhile we can still shoot and go behind over. Elemental protection mods on melee are pointless as well but this has something to do with the modding system in itself. 8 slots which 1 taken for Pressure Point (Primed), 2x Elemental mods, Blood Rush + Drifting Contact, 3 slots left which most likely to go either +attack speed / + range / +critical damage / Condition Overload / Riven. We know the effectiveness of these mods even if it were 2x +90% elemental mods, compare these to  +elemental protection which require player to pull out melee then block.

I'd rather wait for DE to rework it first before jump into mods, that being said, in my opinion 'blocking' seems better based on chance to 100% negate damage (non aoe of course).

I block frequently when I have a melee weapon out. But I rarely ever have my melee weapon out.

I think the % is adequate. 70-90% damage reduction on the weapons I use are nice. It won't make or break playstyles/builds, but it's definitely better than taking full damage when in a bad spot. 😛 Sometimes use it to safely trigger [Arcane Grace], [Arcane Guardian], and [Adaptation]. Might also be useful to stall for [Rolling Guard]'s debuff to wear off.

I personally wouldn't use elemental blocking mods because I'd rather focus on killing enemies with my gun than intentionally try to block. Even if I was planning on only using my melee weapon, swapping mods for each faction would be too much effort for me~ 

I hate how channel-blocking isn't affected by channeling efficiency, so I flat out never use it because it almost always drains my full energy bar in a second.

I'd personally love it if you could block without having your melee weapon out. That would get me to do it much more frequently. I mean, regardless of your melee weapon or which weapon you have out, you can always roll to receive 75% less damage, sorta trivializes the usefulness of blocking in general.

Edited by NeopetsMaster4432

15 hours ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

I just feel cool blocking S#&$, but i do roll out off the way for gunners and bombards. And fun fuct : while blocking (or aiming) you can side roll and backflip instead of just rolling forward.

fun fact: you can channel while blocking with your melee when an enemy strikes you to counter & open them to finishers

1 hour ago, Lokryn said:

I just started this game and I was curious about Block. I thought I read that you can stagger an enemy with a block to their melee and then perform an execute. Is this not the case?

sorry for running late reply, yes you can block the enemy attack its like a parry which you need to block right in time to parry the enemy's attack for it have to be melee weapon that you can parry.  Yet players don't do this often which they seem to be well as result they don't care block that much to seem so and some players does block and they are aware of the parry skills.

Blocking doesn't do enough to warrant it's use. It's more of a cosmetic thing cause it looks cool.

Gonna say no to specialized defensive mods. Just more garbage to farm and keep track of. I already feel the mod system is bloated as it is.

Honestly I prefer being able to move physically rather than relying on too much stats or mods for defense.

4 hours ago, IIDMOII said:

Blocking doesn't do enough to warrant it's use. It's more of a cosmetic thing cause it looks cool.

Gonna say no to specialized defensive mods. Just more garbage to farm and keep track of. I already feel the mod system is bloated as it is.

Honestly I prefer being able to move physically rather than relying on too much stats or mods for defense.

pretty much you have a point, ppl are seeing it as cosmetic thing about blocking even thou parry attack is a thing it doesn't make the game feel well to be special of blocking things that much even thou you have reflector on, it doesn't make you do much with it.  I am surprised DE did nothing about re-balancing blocking in melee 2.0 or something like that, maybe they will look into that later on.  Still I understand you want move physically, what you are moving physically because you use defense mod, I mean there is shield charge from the enemies they didn't have issue moving physically.  As we all know armor mod is defensive mod and its not nice calling it garbage when its the thing that players use for tank rolls and sometime mods focus on defensive might change the game if the enemies got their elemental mods back on (during the old omega even where the grineer little staff ppl require elemental dmg on them but they do elemental dmg onto the players, but removed because too much friendly fires, yea it was doing radiation attack).

Anyway, not all mods are meant to be trash, but there for beginners to use to build their way up even thou we have more mods that ppl don't attend to use that much and thought before prime chamber is a thing they thought charge chamber is trash until they brought out the vectius sniper rifle and everything change from that spot (I had my fun before the nerf).