Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I max weapons first before using them to craft a another weapon?

shockwave311

Question

9 answers to this question

Yes, you have to... every single variant of any weapon should be maxed (once) before sell, craft, etc.

If you maxed Vasto or Dual skana earlier, and your profile says it's "Mastered" than you don't have to do it again.

Edited by THeMooN85

You should max them if you haven't already mastered them, just to get the affinity from the weapon (otherwise you'll have to craft another and master that).

But if you have already mastered the weapon (or really don't want affinity from it) then there is no requirement to use a max weapon for crafting. It will have no effect on the crafted weapon.

3 hours ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

You should max them if you haven't already mastered them, just to get the affinity from the weapon (otherwise you'll have to craft another and master that).

But if you have already mastered the weapon (or really don't want affinity from it) then there is no requirement to use a max weapon for crafting. It will have no effect on the crafted weapon.

So if my Vasto is max and my dual skana is max then my crafted redeemer will immediately be max?

Sorry I am new I really don't have any idea

Edited by shockwave311

35 minutes ago, shockwave311 said:

So if my Vasto is max and my dual skana is max then my crafted redeemer will immediately be max?

Sorry I am new I really don't have any idea

No that;s not how it works. Just use vasto and dual skana any rank and your crated redeemer will be at rank 0 upon completion.

4 hours ago, THeMooN85 said:

Yes, you have to... every single variant of any weapon should be maxed (once) before sell, craft, etc.

If you maxed Vasto or Dual skana earlier, and your profile says it's "Mastered" than you don't have to do it again.

You absolutely do not have to. For mastery purposes, you should, but there's absolutely no requirement to do so.

if a weapon requires another to build an you havent mastered the required weapon for mastery, then yes you should rank it up so you dont have to build it again just to junk it later.

in the case of example of the akvasto using 2 vastos, once you claim the first one start building the 2nd an rank up the first.
once the first one is maxed out an the second is finished building you can use both to start build the akvasto.

no added polarties are carried over
no catalyst is carried over
no installed mods are carried over into the mod slots