Operator Arcanes Tied to Loadouts

Xzorn

Well, this seemed inevitable.

Pre-Fortuna I think most of us had a simple setup. Warframe mode and Eidolon hunting mode.

With the interesting mechanics involved with these new Magus / Virtuous Arcanes I think it's safe to say we're gunna have more than two setups.

Even choosing between Magus Elevate and Magus Repair has become an alternate option dependent on group play and the frame you're using. ie Inaros gets much more out of Magus Repair than Loki would get even without the Transference lag to consider. Of course Magus Overload is the Corpus only destroyer, esp on frames like Vauban / Nidus and we can have some Operator fun using the Fire Arcanes with Ember.

Take your time but eventually players will have enough of these where this will be a valued QoL feature.

• Like 1

Not only Arcanes, but the whole Operator's "setup". Because now we also have 7 Amps...

I don't see how they could add this feature without overloading the Arsenal HUD though. Maybe adding the whole Operator's fighting items (Magus, Virtuos, Amp, even Focus) in a separate window such as the Archwing/K-drives ? Leaving the Chair only for the Operator's physical customization

Edited by Chewarette

TBH if they are going to keep adding combat tchotchkes every release, they should completely revamped loadouts so that every non cosmetic is loadout bound, with the exception of gear wheel.

Operator, companions, archwings, archweapons, k-drives, weapons and their and wframe configs. Everything.

And provide a favorites mod tab and copy paste on config tabs to make it remotely manageable.

37 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Not only Arcanes, but the whole Operator's "setup". Because now we also have 7 Amps...

I don't see how they could add this feature without overloading the Arsenal HUD though. Maybe adding the whole Operator's fighting items (Magus, Virtuos, Amp, even Focus) in a separate window such as the Archwing/K-drives ? Leaving the Chair only for the Operator's physical customization

I think we'd be fine with the game simply keeping track and if we're not sure what we have on we can check with the chair.

Right now if we change Focus schools on a loadout it goes right to the Operator chair anyways so they could just be linked. Maybe have little symbols on the Focus tab itself in the Arsenal screen similar to how the Focus Lens show on our gear. It might not exactly be legible though so there's also the > option similar to the items we have like this...

9KUxwaR.jpg

Clicking the Focus school itself opens the Operator Focus tab. Clicking any of the listed Arcanes opens the Operator Equipment tab.

Edited by Xzorn