Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven rerolling

(PSN)M1ST3R_NUTS

Suggestion for rivens:   Allow locking status for double kuva cost per stat. 

Example:  you have an Unrolled riven with damage, mag size, recoil reduce and minus crit damage.   

You can lock in damage and it. Will cost 1,800.  The other 3 stats will re roll.  

If you lock in 2 stats 2,700, 3 stats 3,600. Just leave the base kuva price the same add multipliers to save a roll.

This would help save a lot of time and more people would be willing to spend some time on rivens that aren’t the meta currently.  Might even help with the crazy prices on some rivens.

1 minute ago, tCartmant said:

Right, but then everyone would have god roll rivens.. Weapons are overpowered as it is. 

I’ve re rolled probably close to a thousand times I’ve never gotten a groll.  Best I’ve gotten is like 1 positive stat and it’s always downgraded by the negative. Maybe bad luck but it’s dumb any good rivens I have I had to spend a lot of platinum for. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)M1ST3R_NUTS said:

I’ve re rolled probably close to a thousand times I’ve never gotten a groll.  Best I’ve gotten is like 1 positive stat and it’s always downgraded by the negative. Maybe bad luck but it’s dumb any good rivens I have I had to spend a lot of platinum for. 

Have you tried modding your weapon in a way that helps the negative? I have a Lato Riven that has -99% Ammo so I put a max ammo capacity on it to balance it.

Rivens are just meant as a fun gimmick for your weapons, and to help weaker weapons a bit more powerful. Half the fun is rerolling them to see what you get.

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

The randomness of them is what makes them interesting. Stat locking is boring and creates oversaturation of specific rolls.

Only getting like 1 riven every few days from sorties makes it hard enough to even get s riven for guns you want to use. It’s just a long grind that needs to shorten a little.  Rivens were made to make some of their weaker guns more useful in higher content.  But without grolls a lot of the weaker weapons still don’t hold up

Yeah the meta ones cost a ton of plat but a god roll on even bad weapons is a few hundred plat. It just needs to be more accessible.  There are many weapons I find fun to use but can’t hardly scratch enemies over level 30.  Example: the talons it’s fun to blow enemies up to the ceiling but they still have 80% health when they land 

1 minute ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

I don't think they're a mistake, I think the community has misinterpreted their true meaning as to what they are supposed to be. 

That is true, but was expected. With grind as is people only invest time into meta weapons which makes everything more expensive.  If it was more feasible to work on multiple rivens at once the market would do better.  

23 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Have you tried modding your weapon in a way that helps the negative? I have a Lato Riven that has -99% Ammo so I put a max ammo capacity on it to balance it.

Rivens are just meant as a fun gimmick for your weapons, and to help weaker weapons a bit more powerful. Half the fun is rerolling them to see what you get.

I see what you are getting at.  But using a mod slot to make up for a rivens negative stat makes it that much harder for the low end weapons to be functional in high end areas

4 minutes ago, (PS4)M1ST3R_NUTS said:

And a lot of people agree.  But the weaker weapons need something to not be just MR fodder.  Rivens May have not been the best idea but it was an attempt. 

Perhaps expand on the syndicate weapon augments to include more of the lower tier.  But they need to really examine he lower tier weapons stats and give fair buffs to what they are lacking most.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)M1ST3R_NUTS said:

Perhaps expand on the syndicate weapon augments to include more of the lower tier.  But they need to really examine he lower tier weapons stats and give fair buffs to what they are lacking most.

Maybe a gilding system of sorts? Like for kitguns. 🤷‍♂️