Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kit melees and secondary zaws plz

(PSN)big_eviljak

What's the point? The only thing that would be different is cosmetic appearance and would be functionally similar no matter what. Also, it makes no sense for the Ostron to use secondaries or for the Solaris to use melees. Ostron are a basic civilisation that don't use much technology. Solaris are a comparatively very advanced civilisation that wouldn't use melee, for risk of their rigs being damaged in close quarters. The two weapon types suit each location fine, and don't need to cross over at all.

• Like 2

If the People of Solaris were forced into Melee Combat, they would Probably use their Heavy Wrenches, Sledges and those Chainsaw Knives we see lying around. All of which would probably be more Lethal than some Pipes they cobble together. The Osterons are more Primitive, by choice of otherwise, and would likely not have use for ranged weapons, let alone the ability to Resupply the Ammunition for them. 

The Weapons they build are suited for them. Kitguns are Pistol sized weapons cause they can be easily concealed and used as hold-out weapons against the Corpus, and the Osterons really don't fight the Grineer and wouldn't stand much of a chance against them even if they used firearms. Their Zaws are probably used to fight Animals when out in the fields.

6 hours ago, iLightning13 said:

What's the point? The only thing that would be different is cosmetic appearance and would be functionally similar no matter what. Also, it makes no sense for the Ostron to use secondaries or for the Solaris to use melees. Ostron are a basic civilisation that don't use much technology. Solaris are a comparatively very advanced civilisation that wouldn't use melee, for risk of their rigs being damaged in close quarters. The two weapon types suit each location fine, and don't need to cross over at all.

Solaris use large hammers... U see them Everytime u drop in. How many corpus weapons have started out tools? Serro... Quanta... Spectra... To name a few. Not a stretch at all for Solaris to make tools into melee weapons.

Ostrons... Their zaws are primitive and yet among the most powerful in the game. Not a stretch in the least for them to create throwing secondary weapons similar to the kunai or hikou... I could imagine a throwing secondary made by ostrons and built by us would be second to none.

4 hours ago, clxrffdman said:

Wtf would a zaw gun look like? The cetus melees we have are literally sticks tied with duct tape. Would a zaw gun be a toilet paper roll glued to a fish using tree sap?

Throwing daggers, Spears, stars... Would be incredibly op. As ostron craftsmanship is just that... Incredibly op.

5 hours ago, Mover-NeRo said:

I would like hot ice and freezing fire...

Why cant we have red bananas and blue apples...

Zaws are modular melee weapons and Kitguns are modular secondaries...what is so hard to understand? Just because they have different design? 

We have hot ice. Sibear modded with heat dmg. Glaxion... Lenz. 

Freezing fire? Ignis... Modded with cold. Twin basolk as well...

I can show you how if you cant figure it out.

1 hour ago, (PS4)IroncladBomber said:

If the People of Solaris were forced into Melee Combat, they would Probably use their Heavy Wrenches, Sledges and those Chainsaw Knives we see lying around. All of which would probably be more Lethal than some Pipes they cobble together. The Osterons are more Primitive, by choice of otherwise, and would likely not have use for ranged weapons, let alone the ability to Resupply the Ammunition for them. 

The Weapons they build are suited for them. Kitguns are Pistol sized weapons cause they can be easily concealed and used as hold-out weapons against the Corpus, and the Osterons really don't fight the Grineer and wouldn't stand much of a chance against them even if they used firearms. Their Zaws are probably used to fight Animals when out in the fields.

Throwing axes would be neat. Could u imagine a mewan spear... Very cool.

Just now, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

That would be neat... I agree.

it would be nice if we get the zaw melee weapons also a change I mean didn't they said they were pose to update the zaws weapons?  Either I am hearing things or someone pulling my leg for hearing that.

9 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I would love to have access to a kit gun blade... Built by me. Or a kit whip blade or a kit staff...

Or a zaw smg or zaw hand shotgun...

Basically, i would like to have access to building more than just pistols in fortuna... More than just melees in poe..

Good idea. Well said!

I was hoping that Fortuna would launch with or later on get Corpus themed Zaws. (IE: ENERGY MELEE WEAPONS!!!)
Why...nearly every Sci-Fi game on the market is so reluctant to make Laser Guns, & Laser Swords is mind boggling.
We have Ships, Shields, Teleporters, Space freaking Magic! But Laser guns? Nope. A good ole bullet does the trick. Laser Swords? Nope. A Blade of metal works.

I want a "Plasma Cutter" blade. A literal sword of plasma to cut down my enemies. So many possibilities. Aesthesdics can range from cybernetic, energy, mechanical, to just goofy (A big Wrench).

5 hours ago, clxrffdman said:

Would a zaw gun be a toilet paper roll glued to a fish using tree sap?

….I'd be so down for that! I laughed real hard reading this. I laughed even harder at the reactions of enemies in Warframe being shot & killed by such a weapon.
I'd love to see a gun shooting hot, cold, or sticky Tree Sap, Honey, turds, insects, & etc.
A Zaw Secondary/Primary that literally shoots or nests or swarms of insects at enemies. I suppose it could be a thrown weapon as well.
Zaws would work as Thrown weapons easily.

Gunstaffs: The ideal amalgamation of Ostron and Solaris technology.

Spoiler

148a143a9da9c6cf1d293e685ce843de.jpg

Spoiler

1401020045757.jpg

Spoiler

SG-1-S6-T-Allegiance.jpg

I had a concept regarding an Infested open world, where the gunstaff is the ideal kitbash weapon for the locals: Ranged stopping power (flamethrower, shotgun, heavy caliber, or pure dakka) to cut down the swarm, with adequate power and reach to minimize physical contact with any infested that break through.

• Like 2

Zaws are modular melee weapons created and assembled at Hok's Anvil in Cetus

Kitguns are modular secondary firearms assembled by Rude Zuud in Fortuna on Venus.

the people in cetus use more primitive weaponry, recyiling orokin wall skin for cloths an orokin golds for various needs. i doubt  Hok would be able to make a gunblade kitgun, along with DE having to make handle an strike just for it,  

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/76-weapons/
^
your topic is better suited to this forum area