Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Player Etiquette in Endless Missions

Dreddeth

Question

To my understanding, trying to go for an endurance run in a Public game is kind of taboo for 2 reasons: Firstly, it's inefficient farming because you're increasing both the time and effort it takes to get loot and affinity, and also the likelihood of mission failure which forfeits said loot and affinity. Secondly, you can't count on 3 complete strangers to have literal hours of free time, so more often than not you're just wasting what time they have. That is why the Invite Only setting and the Recruitment chat exist, so people who want to do endurance runs can find like-minded people and not impose on others.

However, according to the random min/maxer in the mission I'm tabbed out of, I should have just done it in Solo mode and ignored Public matchmaking entirely if I wanted to be out at the first C rotation, because apparently co-op is for people whose schedule is clear for the next couple of hours straight.

In your experience, which between the two of us is the bigger A******, and why?

9 answers to this question

Probably him.
Public is public. I believe its a common coutresty to specify at some point when do you intend / would wish to leave.
Like: "15 minutes? 20 waves? 1000 cryotic?" then you see if people agree to that or not.

That being said: DE should introduce some kind of mechanic to decide weather you leave or stay to other mods besides Defense and Interception.
As far as i know: Survival and Defection are the only mods where either the entire squad leaves or nobody does.

The ways to fix that are:
1) people getting automatically extracted upon reaching the point
2) some kind of confirmation pop-up every time you enter an extract zone asking "Do you wish to extract now?"

Edited by Artek94
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

In your experience, which between the two of us is the bigger A******, and why?

It doesn't matter, majority "vote" wins.
If you're in a squad of 4, one more person needs to be at the exit with you to initiate extraction. I guess 3 people don't want to leave. Too bad.
If you're in a squad of 3, one more person needs to be at the exit with you to initiate extraction. I guess 2 people don't want to leave. Too bad.
If you're in a squad of two, you can force extraction. 
Abort, enjoy the loot, or pointlessly complain here. Guess the choice was already made. Perhaps a different choice will be more beneficial to you next time.

Edited by -AxHx-Vile

" endurance run in a Public game" that's right there is the flawed logic, sometimes it works and sometimes its a S#&$show.

In a fine public run, you start the endless mission and ask in chat whats the max goal, then everyone answers(which is rare) if it doesn't suits you, you quit.  rinse and repeat.

I mean why wait to find out the hard way if you or they have other plans and can't do X time/rounds.

• Like 1

most people leave after 20 waves indeed.

That being said, why go for an endurance run?

You get the same rewards for doing 20 waves, exit, repeat. than doing 100 waves in one go.

If the rewards where scaling, then it would be interesting to go for endurance runs. now it's just inefficient and illogical

• Like 1

You're in no way at fault for not going along with a random player's plans during a public match. If they have specific goals in mind, they should use the LFG chat and make their own parties. If you're required to AFK at the extraction because your teammates aren't willing to extract, then that's a fault of the game system itself. 

The other people are just shooting themselves in their feet by not using the resources available to them~

Say those people don't use any of the functions to find a like-minded team and end up joining a public match- They could at least have the courtesy of asking how long people want to go, and then leave the match if other people don't want to go for as long as them. Bottom-line, it's immature for people to be complaining about others not playing the way they want them too in a public match, in this context.

Edited by NeopetsMaster4432
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eterud said:

most people leave after 20 waves indeed.

That being said, why go for an endurance run?

You get the same rewards for doing 20 waves, exit, repeat. than doing 100 waves in one go.

If the rewards where scaling, then it would be interesting to go for endurance runs. now it's just inefficient and illogical

Because that may sound crazy, but some people enjoy playing this game and would gladly sacrifice some "efficient" (lol) farming for better challenge.

But yeah, you can't do that in Public because people are all after this "efficient" farming as if Warframe is their full-time job. Arbitrations were supposed to be like that but that's the same nightmare, with people leaving at the first rotation, entirely screwing you.

Maybe one day we'll have the option to chose how long we're aiming for before entering the mission, but DE doesn't seem to aim for that as they're more and more weighing the game toward short fast-food missions, as that seems to be what most of players want nowadays (see Sorties).

Edited by Chewarette