Weapon Augments 2019

(XBOX)XGN DrFeelGood

I completely agree with the sentiment here: there are plenty of opportunities to differentiate weapons, and bring older weapons back to viability in more ways than just raw stats. Personally, though, I would rather bake augments into the weapons themselves, rather than release new mods that would essentially become mandatory for those weapons to be good. More generally, I think the idea of augments would be cool if they legitimately modified the gameplay of a weapon or ability, but right now augments are always pure buffs, which tends to make them either useless or mandatory depending on what effect they're adding. As such, I'd rather directly add differentiating mechanics to whichever weapons are currently struggling to stand out, and buff whichever weapons aren't viable, rather than try to buff those weapons indirectly via band-aid mods that ultimately reduce build diversity.

Spearguns mod: Now allows it to be used as a melee stave weapon. Primary mode will carry +30% damage of Melee damage to its primary fire. Melee mode will carry 30% Primary damage to its melee attacks. Each mode can be modded separately. when equipped with other melee, the speargun will only be used in quick melee while holding the speargun.

I know its been requested a lot but I really think this would be interesting to do.

Edited by Shaburanigud
  • Like 2