Someone has access to our deceased friend's account :(

Surby

Question

Hello,
So we've lost a fellow player and great friend on august 19th, we went to the funeral and stuff and I've noticed that someone is logging on his account from time to time since then.
I asked some friends if thats any of them, because maybe thats the case. Or his brother just plays the game. But in case when someone is farming his account off stuff - is there a way to stop it?
Maybe DE would be helpful in tracking who does it and do something then?

Any ideas bois?
Or maybe i should just leave it be and forget 😞

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

Well I know his personal info, phone number and email addresses and stuff because we communicated like normal people, so maybe that could be helpful in any way to prove I knew him personally, no idea if DE has time for investigating a request that may or may not be a trololol from their perspective 😞
thanks guys these ideas may be useful, i can ask DE to check IPs and maybe i will get some other solution to that too.

Peace

Would be best to find out if it is a relative or sibling that is on the account first. Some people grieve by deleting all accounts of the deceased, some people let they stay as a reminder, but some continue to use them as a working reminder of that person's legacy. In any case, best to find out where the account is being logged into before you contact support.

• Like 1

Condolences for your friend.

It's possible that you dont know everything about your friend and his relations outgame and ingame.

Maybe he share his account informations with someone he consider trustful.

Maybe a occasionnal friend or a kid.

I did this kind of things on another games to let someone try the game.

But if it's just a account syphonning it's particular pathetic.

Edited by SgtHotPepper
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, GAMINGMANX said:

Would be best to find out if it is a relative or sibling that is on the account first. Some people grieve by deleting all accounts of the deceased, some people let they stay as a reminder, but some continue to use them as a working reminder of that person's legacy. In any case, best to find out where the account is being logged into before you contact support. 

thats why i thought about his brother and called his mom. i also try to contact the account while its logged in game