Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Missing Datamass Spawn in Profit-Taker Phase 1 Stage 2 [Investigating]

ABlindManPlays

Every single person I've played this mission with on PS4 have also been overly frustrated by this, causing a lot of people to drop out of the game.  I've had people even say they've played almost ten times, and not get the datamass.  This should not be a thing, as this is seriously game breaking.

I've also come across this issue several times on console it has happened in various formats, I've joined late, datamass doesn't drop, ive hosted and it doesn't drop. When I've joined late and host bails and migrates due to the datamass not appearing, enemy spawns immediately after we return. But when I've hosted and others quit due to it not appearing I've hung around and after 5mins or so the enemy eventually drops and gives datamass. So I'm not sure if it's on a time lock or something. I'd generally advise to sit and wait but it seems most aren't patient enough and bail after 60secs.

Only reason I found waiting works is because I thought screw it I'll get some k drive standing and the enemy has always (eventually) appeared. 

Really needs to be fixed asap though.

Edited by (PS4)NastyNath74

On 2019-01-23 at 1:11 AM, Fox_Starwind said:

I ran this 4 times today solo. 3 times as Octavia, bugged two times after the hack countdown and once the data mass didn't drop. The 4th time I did it on Mesa and everything went as it should have. My theory is it has something to do with stealth/invisibility, but I've yet to test it with more frames besides Octavia and Mesa...

I've run this as Revenant and Nidus and still haven't been able to get the datamass to spawn most of the time.

On 2019-01-23 at 3:24 PM, [DE]Saske said:

Hey Tenno! We already fixed a couple of cases which would break the datamass from spawning, we will keep investigating!  

DE, as much as I love you guys, and appreciate the crazy amount of hard work y'all put into this amazing and free game, can you please spend less time getting Mesa's butt to look how you want it to and fix some stuff that actually matters? I desperately need the drops from the Profit-Taker bounties so I can rank up with Vox Solaris, and yet I can't get any of them because this still has not been fixed. I don't even care if you have to push back new content another six months if it means you'll go back and fix all the preexisting problems. 

And seriously, 2 separate hotfixes for Mesa's butt? I expect that kind of crap from Blizzard, but not you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-01-30 at 2:51 PM, (PS4)NastyNath74 said:

...But when I've hosted and others quit due to it not appearing I've hung around and after 5mins or so the enemy eventually drops and gives datamass. So I'm not sure if it's on a time lock or something. I'd generally advise to sit and wait but it seems most aren't patient enough and bail after 60secs.

This hasn’t been my experience. Even when waiting up to 10 minutes, the data mass still doesn’t spawn. I’ve had some luck after the host migration if I was not originally the host, but no such luck when I start as the host. 

I joined a group that were waiting for others before starting, we ran it and everything went fine. What happened differently from the next two failed missions was, we let the enemies begin to overwhelm us before fighting, leading to the wanted level going up. That seems to be the only way to allow this mission to progress. The other two were failed due to the instant clearing of enemies. Basically show up run around, try not to die while not attacking and get that wanted level up to 3 and don't destroy the alert beacons. This is a work around but not a fix. We can't control what other players do, so if someone decides to clear everything with a Mesa, your screwed. 

Edited by HanSeoulOh

Some compen would be nice, wasted a good few hours the past few days with this mission, wasting my time, patience, boosters and all the loot and progression I should of had my first few levels with Vox Solaris now but no the rage quit sets in instead. The problem looks as if it is ships with the troops getting spawned out of bounds.

Edited by TheSkunkyMonk

15 minutes ago, robertredberry said:

I've done multiplayer and solo mode and the 2nd stage - capture the base - does not drop the datamass.  I've done it 5 times now, at least.  Nice work DE, a gorilla could fix this bug.

I've come to the conclusion they just don't care and like to see us waste more and more time as it tempts us into buying plat so we can progress. Lol spent 5 hours working towards nightwave standing now and I still can't get me some Nitain, and its also no limtied as we can only earn 300wolf creds, great business but really bad for players.

The bottleneck of the first profit-taker mission due to mob spawn issues in stage 2 is still preventing consistent runs. The datamass spawn needs to be changed so guaranteed move to area, kill xx things unit appears, and not randomly assigned to a non-spawning eximus unit.