Jump to content
  • 0

Most tiltworthy experience in all of Warframe (K Drive)


mosaickle
 Share

Question

Spend around 5 hours (like, 5 hours in real time) just going around exploring and passively farming for miscellaneous resources around Orb Val (permastealth Ivara just going around caves and buildings etc) and knowing that K Drive gets you from point A to B far quicker than running, I decided to K Drive from places to places.

 

Here's what tilts me enough to push me over the edge to just give up on Warframe. Note that I really don't have much to play for anymore since I'm suffering permanent burnout as well as being a 'victim' to the 'why use this when you can use that'. Time to time on my K Drive I literally instadie to 'something'. I don't know what's killing me, but 'something' just literally instakills me with no warning outta nowhere. On my last revive I was heading back as fast as I can to Fortuna to 'save' my resources that I gathered over the course of 5 hours and just as I get near Fortuna another random instakill thing just instagibs me. No warning, no nothing. I just die out of nowhere.

 

What the hell is this? I already have nothing else to play for but this definitely is sending me over the edge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
20 minutes ago, mosaickle said:

Spend around 5 hours (like, 5 hours in real time) just going around exploring and passively farming for miscellaneous resources around Orb Val (permastealth Ivara just going around caves and buildings etc) and knowing that K Drive gets you from point A to B far quicker than running, I decided to K Drive from places to places.

 

Here's what tilts me enough to push me over the edge to just give up on Warframe. Note that I really don't have much to play for anymore since I'm suffering permanent burnout as well as being a 'victim' to the 'why use this when you can use that'. Time to time on my K Drive I literally instadie to 'something'. I don't know what's killing me, but 'something' just literally instakills me with no warning outta nowhere. On my last revive I was heading back as fast as I can to Fortuna to 'save' my resources that I gathered over the course of 5 hours and just as I get near Fortuna another random instakill thing just instagibs me. No warning, no nothing. I just die out of nowhere.

 

What the hell is this? I already have nothing else to play for but this definitely is sending me over the edge.

So, since you had nothing else to play for, you literally created a "Challenge" for yourself and then after failing that challenge you supposedly want to blame the game mechanics...does not make any sense IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
18 minutes ago, 541K4T said:

So, since you had nothing else to play for, you literally created a "Challenge" for yourself and then after failing that challenge you supposedly want to blame the game mechanics...does not make any sense IMO.

Where the hell did you get "created a challenge for yourself" from? 'IMO' you've been reading too many of those 'Warframe isn't hard I want a challenge - then go make your own challenge' posts and didn't bother actually reading my post. Me passively farming with Permastealth Ivara was supposed to be a chill experience like I used to on the plains. Me using the K Drive to get from place to place was simply a form of transportation. Me randomly dying out of nowhere with no warning and no consistency? Yes, I believe I can blame the game for that. I didn't do anything to put myself in that experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

in the valis i have noticed quite often random spawns of enemies within close range of myself, along with somewhat over sensitive enemies.

me: finding a mining node
enemy 200m away that barely can see me: OH sheet there a warframe over there lets shoot at it cause i instaly know where it is

 how well have you set your ivara for surviablity as even on the k-drive an a enemy that can 1 shot you fires at you, your still gonna get insantly killed. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

If you're permanently burned out of the game, at that point everything will tilt you, just don't force yourself on a bad experience. Take a break, come back after half a year and it will be fresh. I have my account for 3 years but for every 2 months played i have 2-3 months break, that's just how this game works. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
36 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

in the valis i have noticed quite often random spawns of enemies within close range of myself, along with somewhat over sensitive enemies.

me: finding a mining node
enemy 200m away that barely can see me: OH sheet there a warframe over there lets shoot at it cause i instaly know where it is

 how well have you set your ivara for surviablity as even on the k-drive an a enemy that can 1 shot you fires at you, your still gonna get insantly killed. 

I can relate... this bs can be annoying at times. Something popped out the K-drive from under my frame's legs few times too and I was like TEEEH FKKK IS GOING ONNNNN? I'd say the wheels rolling around are to blame, but I am not rly sure. Lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
40 minutes ago, Pikad0 said:

If you're permanently burned out of the game, at that point everything will tilt you, just don't force yourself on a bad experience. Take a break, come back after half a year and it will be fresh. I have my account for 3 years but for every 2 months played i have 2-3 months break, that's just how this game works. 

If you're able to get back after a break then that's not a permanent burnout. I've taken so many breaks and every single one of them for a reasonable amount of time. Every time I come back I have zero incentive to do anything

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, mosaickle said:

Every time I come back I have zero incentive to do anything

Then why come back? Just play something else?
In the past I've played a lot of Diablo III. If I go back to it now, I just shrug and wonder why I started it up again. Simply had enough of it. So I don't play it anymore. So if you feel the same way about WF, why keep coming back?

Edited by -AxHx-Vile
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Than why come back? Just play something else?
In the past I've played a lot of Diablo III. If I go back to it now, I just shrug and wonder why I started it up again. Simply had enough of it. So I don't play it anymore. So if you feel the same way about WF, why keep coming back?

I keep longing for the days when I had fun. It's gotten to a point where it's probably best described as nostalgia. What I may have been in love with isn't Warframe, but my memories of Warframe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 minutes ago, mosaickle said:

I keep longing for the days when I had fun. It's gotten to a point where it's probably best described as nostalgia. What I may have been in love with isn't Warframe, but my memories of Warframe.

I think it's time for something new then...if you're really not enjoying Warframe anymore. Kind of like me and Diablo III. I spent a lot of time in Torchlight II instead. Similar feel, different game. Not many real alternatives to Warframe though, unfortunately.

Edited by -AxHx-Vile
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...