Samurai warframe?

o_pogode

While the concept of a samurai Warframe would be neat, I can't help but feel that it would just be a eastern flavor of Excalibur (maybe name the frame Muramasa?).

I'm not going to deny that they could both exist together, its just that I am having some issues thinking of ways to make a samurai frame unique without replacing Excalibur or being redundant.

• Like 1

10 минут назад, PurrrningBoop сказал:

Frames using Dax like helmet is impossible, due to poor aerodynamics

Passive: Awesome looks, but -30% parkour speed due to poor aerodynamics

12 минут назад, _Urakaze_ сказал:

Gara

10 минут назад, PurrrningBoop сказал:

Gara with her tennogen and a nikana may be something up your alley

i saw this skin and it is more like wannabe samurai. plus frame itself has nothing to do with whole swordsman concept.

and (dont bun meh pleez)

Спойлер

shes a girl

10 минут назад, Aldain сказал:

While the concept of a samurai Warframe would be neat, I can't help but feel that it would just be a eastern flavor of Excalibur (maybe name the frame Muramasa?).

I'm not going to deny that they could both exist together, its just that I am having some issues thinking of ways to make a samurai frame unique without replacing Excalibur or being redundant.

i never saw excalibur as a samurai.

yes, one of his tennogen skin looks somewhere like (the cat one), but his whole look and the way he swings on the run and how massive he is and this horn and deluxe skin...no, i don't think he is a samurai frame.

i think its plenty of space to create actual eastern swordsman with his own style (they did create actually pretty handsome tribe baruuk, i believe they can easily come out with some japan stuff)

Edited by o_pogode

il y a 56 minutes, PurrrningBoop a dit :

Frames using Dax like helmet is impossible, due to poor aerodynamics. /jk

Objection !!

He does'nt jump top head forward but face forward (must see a minima).

So the hat give him a good air control.

https://imgur.com/Sq1UDP2

Révélation

I know, this paint schema is awesome and a definitive argument.

The flying nun use the same aerodynamic mecanism ! 😄

a0b5420a686228340c8f78de336c05e1.gif

Révélation

Thinking... Why not a SM Warrior Nun inspired warframe ?

bb9654be9c7d8a192f5d1c48bb7d79c4--the-he

The Gram Prime is already here. Or maybe a signature whip weapon. 😛

😁

6 минут назад, SgtHotPepper сказал:

Objection !!

He does'nt jump top head forward but face forward (must see a minima).

So the hat give him a good air control.

https://imgur.com/Sq1UDP2

Показать контент

I know, this paint schema is awesome and a definitive argument.

The flying nun use the same aerodynamic mecanism ! 😄

a0b5420a686228340c8f78de336c05e1.gif

Показать контент

Thinking... Why not a SM Warrior Nun inspired warframe ?

bb9654be9c7d8a192f5d1c48bb7d79c4--the-he

The Gram Prime is already here. Or maybe a signature whip weapon. 😛

😁

Objection sustained!

The frame will be held in high regard in massive open spaces.

Edited by PurrrningBoop

On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎03 at 9:46 AM, o_pogode said:

i saw this skin and it is more like wannabe samurai. plus frame itself has nothing to do with whole swordsman concept. 

and (dont bun meh pleez)

Hide contents

shes a girl

Bunning you on several levels.

1: Samurai are not exclusively swordsmen. Actually, nothing could be further from the truth: They trained with a large number of weapons and preferred using spears for army conflicts - swords were personal defence and duelling weapons, as well a honour symbols. Gara's Shattering Lash resembling a spear makes total sense. For proof, Miyamoto Musashi, who some consider to be the greatest warrior of the period, actively condemned only using one weapon, seeing it as leading to mistakes as you grow too comfortable in one kind of fighting, and therefore leaving you too rigid and inflexible as a fighter. So just saying 'Samurai were swordsmen' isn't fully accurate. 

2: Onna-Bugeisha. Samurai Women were, whilst not as common as their male counterparts (since, well, history. Sengoku Jidai Japan could hardly be called progressive) were considered just as if not more fearsome than their male counterparts. In fact, the class PREDATES Samurai as throughout early Japanese history, many women were trained in fighting with daggers and spears to defend their homes from raiders. For a Warframe who's lore is about defending her elected home of the Unum's tower and who's powers involve fighting with a long spear and small dagger-like shards of glass, that seems to line up pretty well.

So, yeah. Gara fits as a Female Samurai.

Edited by Loza03
Embarrassing name mistake.
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, o_pogode said:

I know it may seems like some kind of weeaboo request, but every time i visit Teshin in Conclave i wish we had warframe similar to him.
With a flat hat and double sheaths.

Well one day we may get double nikanas, and if exalted stances ever get added in then Excalibur could get a katana stance for his sword.

Tada, samurai frame (provided the fashion frame works too, just stick edo/edo prime on and you'll look like a samurai).

• Like 1

il y a 7 minutes, Aldain a dit :

...Isn't that just a gif of Zephyr? (rare to see people who know about The Flying Nun)

Naan, the Flying Nun dont hover over every step descending a stair. (so she's far less annoying )

I know, my references are sometimes odd...

Edited by SgtHotPepper

1 minute ago, SgtHotPepper said:

Naan, the Flying Nun dont hover over every step descending a stair. (so she's far less annoying )

I know, my references are sometimes odd...

Not the oddest thing I've seen referenced, more rare than odd when you consider the age of the show what's really odd is the show was YEARS before my time and I somehow know about it.