Usage stats are meaningless for many players, and do not present an accurate profile showcase.

DeMonkey

Take a gander at this image and ask yourself, which is my most used frame?

29l1glg.png

Some will already know the answer, some will look up my profile for the answer, some might even be surprised by the answer, however the question is irrelevant as the answer is wrong.

The usage stat for me, and many other players who have been playing awhile, is simply wrong. It was counting "usage" differently back then, I've read that it counted ship idle time, star chart idle time etc. Regardless of what it was it was counting, the very act of changing what is counted invalidates the count up to that point. With every change to what "usage" constitutes the stat should have been reset, it wasn't, and as such we're left with something that is completely inaccurate and utterly pointless.

To that end, I propose one of two things is done.

1) The usage stat be removed, and we manually select what we'd like to "showcase" as our most used/favourites.

2) The stat be altered retroactively to not consider play time at all, but affinity/kills/assists/heals.

As a spitball example of how I would work it, every point of affinity counts as 1, every kill with the frame counts for 100, every assist counts for 50. I'd also include every point of healing counting for 1 or 2 as well. Going forward (because this information doesn't exist now) it may be worth having weapon kills count as "assists" for the frame, not adding to the assist stat itself but just to the usage stat, meaning even frames with limited kill potential in their abilities can attain a higher "usage" by... actually using them and killing enemies.

Add the values up and then compare the result with every other frame to now determine most used. I'm certain there will be a few outliers and perhaps a bit of a hiccup due to the potential for lost data on affinity gained on previous formas, but I believe an overwhelming number of "most used" stats will have a greater level of accuracy than they currently do. And what's the worst that can happen, the stat becomes more inaccuate? Ha.

As for the above stats, the un-edited values I'll shove into the spoiler below.

Spoiler

309ldzk.png

I mainly just want Wukong to be my most used, right where he deserves to be. Based on the above system he'd have 3x as much usage as Excalibur which feels about right, I've barely used him since Exalted Blade became a thing. DE pls.

• Like 7

The profile has many weird interactions with different mechanics. A good example of this is the Affinity stat, Gross Income, usage, accuracy, and more. It would be nice to make these consistent in a new UI that allows custom showcases, but with how archaic it is, I doubt it will be changed.

If you are annoyed by your usage, you can always sit AFK in a mission you can't fail in solo.

10 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I mainly just want Wukong to be my most used, right where he deserves to be. Based on the above system he'd have 3x as much usage as Excalibur which feels about right, I've barely used him since Exalted Blade became a thing. DE pls.

I feel you. I was pulling my hair out trying to get my Ash Prime to Most Used above my Ash, because I had definitely earned countless more kills and exp on the Prime than the default over a very long time. I finally reached the point a few months ago.

I researched repeatedly trying to find what formula was used, but kept reading inconsistent results. Some said it was time in mission (which seemed plausible because I used to spend hours in endless missions back in the Void Key days), and some said it was purely number of missions completed with that frame. I still don't know the answer, but I got what I wanted so I'm happy. Lol

19 minutes ago, Voltage said:

If you are annoyed by your usage

I'm annoyed by how completely meaningless the stat is. It's like rice and shampoo listing that it's gluten free.

Thanks Sherlock, I was unaware that this product that shouldn't contain gluten doesn't actually contain gluten. What next, are Hasbro going to list their transformers toys as "gluten free". It's garbage information, utterly meaningless.

19 minutes ago, Voltage said:

If you are annoyed by your usage, you can always sit AFK in a mission you can't fail in solo.

I'd really rather the stat were just altered to be somewhat accurately representative of how I've played rather than wasting my time sitting afk somewhere for an indeterminate amount of time. Wukong's gone up by just under 7% in usage over the past 3 years of playing, how long do you reckon I'm going to spend sitting AFK before that creeps up?

Edited by DeMonkey
  • Like 2

You can pump up your weapon usage by making specters that use a particular weapon, maybe it would help to do the same with the frame too. I tested this with the vaykor hek, before going into a game I had 8200 kills with it, dropped a specter that was equipped with it after I had 8260, wasnt using it myself so the kills game from the specter.

What I got from this was "Why Riven Disposition based on Usage is bad".

Weapons like Brakk, Orthos Prime and Boltor that people haven't used seriously in years with less than 1.0

Exp tracking is also very different then it was. Same frame, same play style, almost same kills but the XP...

1wQDeU5.jpg

Though it could also just be showing that Power Creep in action.

47 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I'm annoyed by how completely meaningless the stat is. It's like rice and shampoo listing that it's gluten free.

Thanks Sherlock, I was unaware that this product that shouldn't contain gluten doesn't actually contain gluten. What next, are Hasbro going to list their transformers toys as "gluten free". It's garbage information, utterly meaningless.

I love "A Fat Free Food" printed on packages of candy that are all sugar, gelatin, flavor, and color. If I were a bored prankster I'd have "A Make Your Own Fat Food" stickers made and have fun at stores.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

You can pump up your weapon usage by making specters that use a particular weapon, maybe it would help to do the same with the frame too. I tested this with the vaykor hek, before going into a game I had 8200 kills with it, dropped a specter that was equipped with it after I had 8260, wasnt using it myself so the kills game from the specter.

Interesting.  Very interesting indeed.  

42 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

maybe it would help to do the same with the frame too

Has potential. If I did that 100% of the time I'd have gone up 7% usage in 1 and a half years instead of 3.

That's still a little borked, however.

• Like 1

i forgot this was even a stat ik my most used went like this Ash > ash prime > now trying to get it harrow 

i didn't crazy levels practice my aim for harrows abilities to be blocked by my play time with ash so far ive gotten to 9.6% i think out of ash primes 12-13%

3 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

I can't use Rivens with Wukong, so no. :tongue:

Thread has nothing to do with community usage either.

It's more just the tracking method in general seems flawed.

I mean they separated Prime and non-Prime in the last frame usage analysis. They noted it was separate but why...

My profile just recently decided Orthos Prime wasn't my most used weapon and I haven't used it in 3 years. It happens to have a 0.5 Disposition as well and I don't know anyone who's used that weapon outside new players in a similar amount of time. While I am taking opportunity to jab at Rivens I also think there's a correlation. Similar to our profiles; age seems to play a larger part than it should.

Then again maybe there's some Orthos gang out there I don't know about.