30-40fps at 960x540 help

Cicasajt

i have 30-40 fps at 960x540 resolution in orb vallis. closer to 30 at orb fight. whats causing such a bad performance? i thought a decent pc should be able to run the game at 1080p smoothly.

my pc:

i7-7500u 

8gb ram

geforce 920mx

st1000lm035-1rk172 disk

3 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Buddy, a "decent" PC includes a proper Graphics Card, not whatever that 920MX Mobile GPU is. I would be surprised if that GPU can run even Civ 6 at 30FPS.

maybe where u live a "decent" pc is over 1000$ because ppl are so rich they have no idea of value.

decent=/=good

Edited by Cicasajt

1 minute ago, Cicasajt said:

maybe where u live a "decent" pc is over 1000$ because ppl are so rich they have no idea of value

He's not wrong though. A decent gaming PC is going to have well over 8GB of ram. Not trying to be mean but if you want Warframe to run super smooth I would highly suggest upgrading your PC to something a little better.

4 minutes ago, Cicasajt said:

maybe where u live a "decent" pc is over 1000$ because ppl are so rich they have no idea of value.

decent=/=quite good

Yeah, yeah. Maybe you misunderstood me. Your lack of perfomance is due to a lack of a proper video card. You're running Warframe on a cheap craptop, expecting performance on that is plain silly. I don't care if it's expensive in your country or whatnot, doesn't change the fact that Warframe does require a bit of power, power that the GPU in your craptop can't provide. Hence why you're running low framerates at a sh*t resolution. Your monetary situation is not my concern, objective fact is, the 920MX is just not good enough to power Warframe, and that is your issue.

Edited by Gabbynaru

1 minute ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

He's not wrong though. A decent gaming PC is going to have well over 8GB of ram. Not trying to be mean but if you want Warframe to run super smooth I would highly suggest upgrading your PC to something a little better.

so, my pc is a trash and the whole thing is causing me the low fps?

5 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Yeah, yeah. Maybe you misunderstood me. Your lack of perfomance is due to a lack of a proper video card. You're running Warframe on a cheap craptop, expecting performance on that is plain silly. I don't care if it's expensive in your country or whatnot, doesn't change the fact that Warframe does require a bit of power, power that the GPU in your craptop can't provide. Hence why you're running low framerates at a sh*t resolution. Your monetary situation is not my concern, objective fact is, the 920MX is just not good enough to power Warframe, and that is your issue.

this is the kind of answer u sohuld have posted. ty. 

if i could afford a better pc i would already have it. this is quite new and it costed me 2 months of my total salary. most ppl cant even afford such a high-end device like this one

Edited by Cicasajt

Just now, Cicasajt said:

this is the kind of answer u sohuld have posted. ty. 

if i could afford a better pc i would already have it. this is quite new and it costed me 2 months of my total salary.

You don't have to buy it all at once, you know? Stick with what you have and just buy a motherboard this month, a video card the next, some ram the following and so on. That's how I built my computer. I'm frankly not rich either, but that taught me patience enough to stretch a computer build over a long time. Just have a plan of what the build will be once finished and how long it should last you based on what you play/do with it, and then slowly chip away at it.

1 minute ago, Gabbynaru said:

You don't have to buy it all at once, you know? Stick with what you have and just buy a motherboard this month, a video card the next, some ram the following and so on. That's how I built my computer. I'm frankly not rich either, but that taught me patience enough to stretch a computer build over a long time. Just have a plan of what the build will be once finished and how long it should last you based on what you play/do with it, and then slowly chip away at it.

i have been saving money last year. i saved as much as this one cost me. one more year and i think i will be able to afford a new pc. also im not a pc expert but my disk performance is constantly 70-100% at orb vallis. that cant be right either

Edited by Cicasajt

23 minutes ago, Cicasajt said:

i have been saving money last year. i saved as much as this one cost me. one more year and i think i will be able to afford a new pc. also im not a pc expert but my disk performance is constantly 70-100% at orb vallis. that cant be right either

That % usage doesn't mean much when you haven't given us a baseline or said what other processes are running in the back ground (for all we know you're running a defrag).  Also, have you done any maintenance on it recently?  How old is the TIM on the CPU?  Are you hitting max usage on your CPU, RAM or GPU (msi afterburner can be used for GPU percentages) first?  What temps are you reaching and if they're low, have you considered overclocking what you have since you're tight on money?

2 hours ago, Starfreak911 said:

That % usage doesn't mean much when you haven't given us a baseline or said what other processes are running in the back ground (for all we know you're running a defrag).  Also, have you done any maintenance on it recently?  How old is the TIM on the CPU?  Are you hitting max usage on your CPU, RAM or GPU (msi afterburner can be used for GPU percentages) first?  What temps are you reaching and if they're low, have you considered overclocking what you have since you're tight on money?

baseline is 0% i guess. idk what u mean by baseline. processes running are regular windows processes, the game and notepad. im not running a defrag while playing. maintenance is automatically done. TIM is as old as the PC (almost 2 years). im hitting max usage on disk, the rest never reaches max usage for me unless something is very wrong. im usually 60-70°C. i have considered overclocking and decided to never do it since i cant afford to do any harm to my only pc