Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frustrated

Sinewave21

Question

So I've been playing this game for about 2 weeks now and I can't seem to find a frame that works for me. I don't really like melee I'm more of a ranged aoe nuker but frames that use aoe or range in this game have 1or 2 good abilities and the rest aren't good. I'm debating gara or ivara but don't want to waste time on frames that don't fit my style. Any help is appreciated.

On 2019-01-05 at 9:43 AM, Sinewave21 said:

I changed my play style because I realized there really is no frame that does what I want.  As for the frames I've tried I have nidus frost nova mag mirage Mesa and nezha.

That is probably because some just gave you incorrect information about one of the frames you were looking at. I will point out hose below.

On 2019-01-03 at 11:46 AM, kgabor said:

Ivara is good but wouldn't call it a nuker unless you use a specific loadout for it with Navigator, it's mostly an invis and utility frame.

While somewhat true this one is leaving out some specifics that might have interested the OP.  Things like one of the best if not the best single target damage dealers in the game.  As well as being very fitting for a sniper/assassin type of playstyle regardless of mission type.  

On 2019-01-03 at 12:01 PM, Arcainyx said:

Some of how modding works in this game encourages a playstyle where one or two abilities are mostly if not exclusively used on a frame i.e. augments and builds created around using them.  What have you tried?  What made "the rest not good"?  Can you give us more about what you've enjoyed from the frames you've tried?  Gara's abilities are designed more for support than they are for nuking.  You could create a build for Ivara that concentrates on nuking with her ultimate however it would benefit less from her other skills which are mostly designed for utility, stealth, positioning, etc.

This one can be kinda confusing if you don't already know that there are a elite few frames that actually benefit from a balanced build approach.  Ivara happens to be one of those very few frames.  In some ways this makes her rather easy to build for.  Just don't go negative (under 100%) on any of her stats.  The reason for this is because of how each of her stats effects every one of her powers in some way. 

On 2019-01-03 at 5:52 PM, (PS4)teacup775 said:

Did you try Mag?

Mag is actually a great choice also.  Extremely underrated frame by the community.  

No OP I hope that my information helps you a little more and explains some things that you might not have thought of. 

On a side note:  There is a very good reason why Ivara is considered a good frame to buy even by Warframe players that don't agree with buying anything in the Martketplace.  That alone should speak volumes.  

Are you buying or trying to acquire in game? If the latter many of the best frames for you will come much later.

On 2019-01-03 at 5:32 PM, Sinewave21 said:

I'm debating gara...

Gara is expensive early game, as she needs loads of PoE resources. She's probably the best defence frame, and her 2nd ability has infinite scaling close range damage, so if you like eating enemies die just because you're close to them she's good.

...or ivara

Ivara is the queen of Spy missions, I've beaten top level sortie Spy missions with her in under 5 mins. She is incredibly powerful.

But, she also needs lots of energy that you won't have yet. Late game you can sneak round entire levels invisible and stealth murder every enemy on the map regards of their level, but with the mods and abilities you have now you'll get 30s.

I don't really like melee I'm more of a ranged aoe nuker

Mesa. The frame you want is Mesa. She's the current prime access if you have the cash, but otherwise you'll have to beat Eris before you can get her in game.

Mesa is basically a basilisk: if she can see an enemy then it's dead. If you want to kill enemies at range then she's probably the best frame in the game. She's amazingly good at the open world's because of that. She actually gets a buff for not taking a melee weapon at all (though that buff is worthless past about lvl 15 enemies).

in this game have 1or 2 good abilities and the rest aren't good

That's true of most of the frames in the game. Some abilities are awkward, situational or plain useless. The exceptions tend to be the more recent designed (Nidus, Harrow) or reworked (Saryn, Nehza) frames - they all have abilities that work together which can make them complicated to play. There are also frames like Nova and Trinity that you have to build for some abilities at the cost of others (a Trinity with strong Energy Vampire will nerf her Blessing and vice versa).

Mesa and Gara are 2 of the strongest frames in the game, but they both have a useless ability (Mesa's Ballistic Battery and Gara's Spectorage). Don't worry about it, this changes over time and there are plenty of fun weapons that fill the gaps.

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 9:06 PM, DatDarkOne said:

This one can be kinda confusing if you don't already know that there are a elite few frames that actually benefit from a balanced build approach.  Ivara happens to be one of those very few frames.  In some ways this makes her rather easy to build for.  Just don't go negative (under 100%) on any of her stats.  The reason for this is because of how each of her stats effects every one of her powers in some way.

All of this is true.  Also I don't have a lot of experience with Ivara which is part of the reason why I worded my response in a questioning tone.