General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Gara Bug

Tyranq

Then you are trying to break the glass to make your second ability stronger its does not work, the first ability going thro the glass wall intead of breaking it.

You can refresh your second ability but you cant make it more powerfull.

It's working just fine for me. Were you having a bad host?

Honestly if you want to report bugs you should at least try to narrow down what could have caused it so you can describe the circumstances under which the bug appeared more clearly. Otherwise it will be hard to replicate and locate the source of said bug.

I've never been able to shatter it from inside so I assumed the mechanic is similar to frost globe shatter.  I will test tonight again in case it was caused by lack of range  on 1 on my side. 

I also had an issue with the wall not renewing the timer on 2 but that just happened one day and has been fine since.

Thanks for pointing out. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2019-02-05 at 2:18 PM, SkinCookiez said:

Same here. She is my current favorite but sometimes her 2 does activate the damage output and many times her 4 will not refresh her 2.  If her 1 doesn't break the wall I usally just have to recast 4 until it works. 

THIS! I love gara, would probably main her if it wasn't for thei anoying thing. 

The worst part is when you have really stacked the damage and loose it due to this. I had a 250k damaging shield on an Arbitration just gonne because I couldn't renew it.

Every now and then if your wall is small it will not break. It is not consistent, so it is hard for me to replicate but I have had this issue in the past. You just need to make the wall bigger to make it more dependable to break. I have also had the same problem as the two people above me, and why She is not my main. 

Edited by Franticlly_Skeptic
added comment.

If you are not hosting yourself don't immediately cancel her 4, let it expand a little until you actually see the 2 duration refreshed and don't be surprised when you only start casting 4 with 1-3 seconds left and it doesn't refresh in time. The worse your connection to the host is the worse this issue gets, but if it isn't in the multiple hundred ms it shouldn't be really an issue in regular gameplay.

Also you have to realize that there are two timers that indicate remaining Splinterstorm duration: One directly at the ability icon in the bottom right of the screen and one in the buff bar on the top right. To not drop your own one get in the habit to just pay attention to the one in the buff bar. The one over the ability icon only displays duration for the last instance of 2 cast and can cause confusion if you are not used to playing Gara.

• 2 years later...

I've been having a similar problem where the damage for her 2 won't increase after I break the glass wall from her 4 with 1. The damage number for her 2 just stays at its initial number no matter how many times I break her glass wall to increase the damage. Thing is when I began using her, I didn't have this problem. It was only after I ran a few missions that this started and now it seems like it won't stop with every mission I've gone into recently. EDIT: It seems like you always have to be outside her 4(Mass Vitrify) before you break it for the damage to increase on her 2(Splinter Storm). I'm pretty sure I've had the damage increase while inside her 4 before but now it's working every time I'm outside of it so😕

Edited by (PSN)kad_sniper12

2 hours ago, (PSN)kad_sniper12 said:

It seems like you always have to be outside her 4(Mass Vitrify) before you break it for the damage to increase on her 2(Splinter Storm).

That is how it's intended to work, yes.

If it ever worked for you while on the inside, then that would've been a bug.

BTW, since this is a different matter than what the topic was about,
you probably should've made a new topic, not least instead of going for a 2+ years necro :P

17 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

That is how it's intended to work, yes.

If it ever worked for you while on the inside, then that would've been a bug.

BTW, since this is a different matter than what the topic was about,
you probably should've made a new topic, not least instead of going for a 2+ years necro 

Someone(you) ended up replying anyways so I don't think that it would've been necessary to do that. The topic is called Gara Bug anyway. What would I call the new topic? Gara Bug 2 Electric Boogaloo? To be honest I didn't realize it was 2+ years old until after I sent my message. But yeah I figured that this is how it was intended to work. It's only worked while I was inside it like 2 or 3 times probably due to lag or a visual bug but not anymore so it's whatever I guess. I'm enjoying playing with her a lot now. Thanks for your response

Someone(you) ended up replying anyways so I don't think that it would've been necessary to do that. The topic is called Gara Bug anyway.

At the top of e.g. this page, there's a bright red reminder

"General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read"

in which it's clearly stated that different bugs go into different topics.

What would I call the new topic? Gara Bug 2 Electric Boogaloo?

A somewhat more descriptive title would be appreciated.