How can I get plat as a new player

SlamH

Question

So I bought a Warframe slot and some weapon slot with my starter plat but I already have three Warframes and some more ready to build so I really need to earn some plat. I don't have any friends who are gamers do I can't use the refer a friend and I know about the Warframe market but I don't have anything worth selling that I don't still need. Can I sell things like Warframe blueprints or do they need to be built?

8 answers to this question

Refer to the trading faq (warframe.com/trading-faq) for what can and can't be traded. Other than that, if you don't have what people want, you're a bit lost. Try progressing further into the game, or joining derelict vault runs (read up on that first, or ask someone in region to explain it to you).

4 minutes ago, SlamH said:

Can I sell things like Warframe blueprints or do they need to be built?

Normal Warframe blueprints sold to other players? No, only Prime parts can be traded. Unbuilt.

Generally, as a newer player, you can hunt for Prime parts (both Warframes and weapons) by opening relics - if you are lucky you can drop a Rare part. I suppose that, depending on the server on which you're trading, you can always get at least 20 plats for a Rare part, giving you enough plat for a single slot.

You might have some luck selling filled Ayatan statues, although the price will be quite low.

Aside from that... yeah, as a new player, you don't really have access to the more lucrative markets - such as Rivens or arcanes or Primed mods. Probably Prime parts is your safest bet.

One of the easiest way for the beginner to get some plats (primary to buy warframe/weapon slots) is to rise the syndicates and sell some augment mods.

Just check what mods are in demand and their prices.

Iron Skin, Covert lethality and mods like Chromatic blade are always worth some plats.

And you dont have to do anything beside playing with a sigil.

This way dont make you rich but give you acces to some stuff.

Relics and prime parts works fine but you must have some luck to catch really interesting ones.

Edited by SgtHotPepper

On 2019-01-04 at 8:29 AM, Dhrekr said:

You might have some luck selling filled Ayatan statues, although the price will be quite low.

Hi thanks for your reply. Do Ayatan Statues have other uses our should I just sell them?

1 hour ago, SlamH said:

Hi thanks for your reply. Do Ayatan Statues have other uses our should I just sell them?

Ayatans are storage for Endo that is needed to level mods. 

Selling Ayatans is usually a safe bet but you will need the right type and buyers will usually demand that they be filled. 

I'd say a good way to get plat, at least for me, is to work on Relics. Even the early-game Lith relics can drop some nice stuff that can sell for a bit of plat if you find the right buyers. I'd say starting off with grinding some Lith relics could give you a pretty nice fallback if you run out of other stuff to sell from the other methods other users have listed!

Ayatans can give you some nice plat depending on what statue it is. The reason being that different statues have different Endo values.

So collect any star you see, fill up the statues and keep on eye on trade chat in game. Look for ones wanting to buy statues because you'll have a better chance of a sell.

Now you can either go the low route and sell them off dirt cheap or you hold out until you find players that are willing to pay a decent price.

E.g.: I've seen player selling Anasa statues (only to be gotten from sortie missions, worth 3,450 endo) for 3 plat. I don't even sell the smallest one for less then 5. The anasa ones i sell for 10 a piece. Do I sell as often as those that sell if for 3, no but.... if they do a full trade (5 items) they have 15p whereas I have 50p. And if people really want the endo from it, they'll recognize that even at 10p per statue it is still a bargain.

Considering that you can only get Anasa's in 1 way and even not always and the endo worth of it, Anasas should be worth even more then 10p. Also don't forget that if they find the prices to high that they could always just slow down and actual find statues themselves instead of speed running every single mission in public mode and berating players that don't.

They are no doubt the same kind of players that do syndicate missions but don't see the value of going for the syndicate marks. I guess they hate plat, ducats and prime parts because those syndicate marks can quickly stack up giving you more syndicate standing which means you can buy lots of relic packs with that standing.

For those that mock you about asking 'too much' for your anasa's... just point them to buy endo from DE with plat, 10p won't even get them a 1,000 endo. 🙂

Don't forget that lots of players have no sense of what something is actual worth, buyers or sellers. I've seen people wanting to buy a full set of a vaulted highly sought after warframe for less then 40p, very rare elusive gold mods 10dot filled for 10p (40k endo and 1,5m credits worth), or a high demand unveiled riven for 5p..... and finding clueless people willing to sell for that price.

The main thing about selling anything for plat, be patient. If you need a quick sell the chances are that you'll sell something way to cheap. Always check prices on warframe market online for the platform you use. It will give you a nice idea about the price range that something is going for.