Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC to Switch Migration: Ends January 15!

[DE]Rebecca

There is a bug in the switch migration process and my account got overwritten by someone else without my permission.   

The support tickets I have submitted just got scripted copy/paste replies that were not helpful.

How can I get my account rolled back to before it got erased?  Please help!

9 minutes ago, Quarterdane said:

Would've hoped for it to have lasted long enough that I wouldn't have to lose my Fortuna stuff in the process...

As I understand: if you have stuff not available on the switch at the moment of transfer, it will become available to you once it releases on the switch

vor 19 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Tenno!

A common question surrounding the PC to Nintendo Switch migration has been "When does it close?".

Today, we have an answer:

PC to Switch account migration is ending on Jan 15th at 2 pm ET.

There's still time to migrate! All information can be found here:
https://www.warframe.com/news/account-migration-is-live

7 hours ago, TronosX said:

Will it be possible to migrate later or is this the last opportunity to migrate an account?

Hey TronosX they've given us several weeks to transfer accounts so it seems like January 15th is the end date for the PC migration

22 hours ago, x-WhiteDevil-x said:

So, I don't own a switch at the moment but eventually, I'll be getting one in the coming months. So you are saying that I won't be able to transfer after 15 Jan at all.

What's the reason for this? Do other games do this as well? 

We shouldn't even expect the games that gets released on a new platform to have account migration period. It is not a standard and not all games do that. DE is kind enough to give us a some time to "copy and paste" our progress (well in this case, with some exception like items that will break the economy such as riven mods) 

On 2019-01-05 at 10:12 AM, x-WhiteDevil-x said:

So, I don't own a switch at the moment but eventually, I'll be getting one in the coming months. So you are saying that I won't be able to transfer after 15 Jan at all.

What's the reason for this? Do other games do this as well? 

I have played Warframe on my PC account for 4,000 hours.

I've been holding off buying a Switch until much later this year.  The reason being an Oct. 2018 Wall Street Journal report stating that Nintendo will release an updated version of the Switch in 2019:  https://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-plans-new-version-of-switch-next-year-1538629322

I've already created a Nintendo account on the Nintendo website.  However, I cannot get a Nintendo Network ID until I have purchased a Switch.  Therefore, I can't complete the PC to Switch account migration now.  I'm guessing that I'm not the only PC Tenno that would like to become a "NinTenno" later this year but is holding off until an updated version of the Switch is released.

Can DE please acknowledge this situation & make plans that will help players like me perform a PC to Switch account migration after an updated Switch is released? 

Archived