Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC to Switch Migration: Ends January 15!

[DE]Rebecca

3 hours ago, GkarB5 said:

I have played Warframe on my PC account for 4,000 hours.

I've been holding off buying a Switch until much later this year.  The reason being an Oct. 2018 Wall Street Journal report stating that Nintendo will release an updated version of the Switch in 2019:  https://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-plans-new-version-of-switch-next-year-1538629322

I've already created a Nintendo account on the Nintendo website.  However, I cannot get a Nintendo Network ID until I have purchased a Switch.  Therefore, I can't complete the PC to Switch account migration now.  I'm guessing that I'm not the only PC Tenno that would like to become a "NinTenno" later this year but is holding off until an updated version of the Switch is released.

Can DE please acknowledge this situation & make plans that will help players like me perform a PC to Switch account migration after an updated Switch is released? 

Hmm.. Yeah it should be at least doable with just the account even without a switch. I hope they do something about that. Maybe they can make reservations instead so when your account finally gets a switch, you can migrate it then. 

On 2019-01-04 at 11:50 AM, AdunSaveMe said:

I would consider it, but there are so many items you lose when you do. I can understand the reasoning but outright removing all of them was the worst option. They should have just been account locked or something, so they couldn't be traded.

I think they're hoping to stimulate the in-game economy on the new platform in a healthy way, not only by preventing a few privileged players from coming over with a lot of valuable items to sell/plat with which to manipulate the market, but also by making sure that as many players as possible will have a need to buy items from each other.

4 hours ago, polarity said:

I think they're hoping to stimulate the in-game economy on the new platform in a healthy way, not only by preventing a few privileged players from coming over with a lot of valuable items to sell/plat with which to manipulate the market, but also by making sure that as many players as possible will have a need to buy items from each other.

This. The whole appeal of the Switch release is that it's a fresh start with a new economy!  The PC version is now over 5 years old, with a very mature economy that can be difficult and off putting for new players to get into.

This is a problem that many MMO's face over time and why "Progression" and so called "Classic" servers are so popular today, as it gives people a chance to start over again from scratch.

12 hours ago, polarity said:

Except the people who spent hundreds of hours finding and building around rivens aren't going to buy them from anybody, because not only is a replacement not likely to happen, but it would take a long time, and I imagine most of them would be turned off from the idea. "A few privileged players" who earned the items they have and get to keep them would not have ruined the version's economy. It is a bad solution.

7 hours ago, Jeronan said:

as it gives people a chance to start over again from scratch.

But you're not starting again from scratch. That's literally the entire purpose of migrating your account; so you don't start from scratch.

11 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Except the people who spent hundreds of hours finding and building around rivens aren't going to buy them from anybody, because not only is a replacement not likely to happen, but it would take a long time, and I imagine most of them would be turned off from the idea. "A few privileged players" who earned the items they have and get to keep them would not have ruined the version's economy. It is a bad solution.

But you're not starting again from scratch. That's literally the entire purpose of migrating your account; so you don't start from scratch.

The economy is starting from scratch. Having a handful of fully leveled Warframes and weapons isn't going to break the game much. 

11 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Quite frankly, #*!%-em.

They are entitled to use the items they earned on their starting platform, on that platform alone, and anything else is a courtesy on DE's part.

The migration provides an incentive to get greater numbers of experienced players onto the new platform, where they can help players new to the game, help to build the community, and take part in it.

Allowing them to instead migrate and immediately reform their own exclusive endgame-community, with their perfect gear, does nothing to serve that purpose.

If these selfish players are not going to play on Switch, because they can't bring all their toys with them, then that's actually Good Thing™ for the state of the game there.

Hello,
I back to game on sunday. Then I get info about migration and I bought ninentdo switch but I will get it tomorrow (couriers not on time again... :/)
I want migrate my pc account to nintendo switch but i don't have nintendo switch warframe account, could some1 help me with this ?
Just create new account and give me password and login for new account, its possible? Is it 'legal' ? Can I do this without negative consequences ?

39 minutes ago, Luki8989 said:

Hello,
I back to game on sunday. Then I get info about migration and I bought ninentdo switch but I will get it tomorrow (couriers not on time again... :/)
I want migrate my pc account to nintendo switch but i don't have nintendo switch warframe account, could some1 help me with this ?
Just create new account and give me password and login for new account, its possible? Is it 'legal' ? Can I do this without negative consequences ?

Just go to Accounts.Nintendo.com and start creating your Nintendo Account (if you don't have one already). When created, link the Nintendo account to your PC account on Warframe.com and initiate the PC to Switch Migration.

Hopefully that will work. You can at least try. Then it should just be a matter of updating the Switch tomorrow to latest firmware, create a Switch account and link it to your Nintendo Account. Download Warframe and play.

PS. Never ever share account information with anyone! Ever!   Better start over from scratch on Nintendo Switch (lots of new players, new community and new economy anyway), then losing your account and info compromised!

Archived