Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dust covered Frames

(PSN)BattleCry1791

Question for everyone...just cuz I'm curious.

What (up to) three frames did you used to use, that you rarely, if ever use anymore, and why?  Treat Primed versions as same...so "I don't use Rhino because I got Rhino Prime" would not be a good answer.  Example;

Ember - Mostly quit using her once I maxed out all the things in the syndicates and after her rework - she just wasn't the same or as effective.  She can't hang in higher sorties or adaptation, now has no place on the Plains.  At one point I was probably an "ember main" if you can main anything in this game.  

Vauban -  Long time ago he was my preferred frame for the infested defense missions - we're talking pre Mutualist days.   Back when he and frost were the only "defensive frames" and before Warframe became all DPS all the time.  There's just nothing he does that another frame doesn't do better.

Banshee - I only ever used her when she was completely OP'd and FoTM for Hydron spam.  Never used her before that and haven't really broken her out since.

What's in your closet?

• Like 1

Nezha - First frame i got after i started playing but after discovering the rest of the pack i realized there is just nothing interesting or useful anymore that would make my mission faster in any way on him. And if i need a tank frame i have built myself a Gara because she is just overall more interesting for me and so are her skills.

Wukong - No matter how much i tell myself that i cannot simply die on him all the rest of his arsenal is basically dead. Riven mods + condition overload won for me in terms of melee so not even his long red crits stick will make me to pick him up again.

Ugh that I use to use?

Hmm...

1. Volt
He just fell off my radar. I have no issues with him. I just don't use him like I use to.
2. Hydroid
Dunno what happened here. I just stopped using him.
3. Rhino
I use to play him a lot. But now I see little need. I suppose my playstyle just changed.

Wow i got exact same list as OP, though with different stories..

1. Ember : i didnt like the frame to begin with, but i reluctantly used her because she’s great at clearing low level mobs.. after the nerf, even though it didnt really affect her at low level, i didn’t feel attracted to her anymore

2. Vauban : my go to frame for doing Law of Retribution raid, if i didnt bring bless trinity.. After i stopped doing raids in mid 2016, vauban entered my closet ever since

3. Banshee : same reason as anyone else, because of her nerf

Nyx used to be my main alongside mag when i only had 2 warframe slots. Was also my first prime. She could do any mission solo since she has mapwide cc.

Nowadays with the almost unlimited energy pool, almost anyframe can do that or just straight up kill everything, so she kinda fell off my radar.

Ember, I loved her, but after her rework there are just better options

Volt, I'm not sure why, but I've put a forma in the prime version and then left it there at level 20ish for like a year

Ivara, as a loki player (my 2 most used warframes are the prime and the normal version) I really rarely use her

Valkyr, used to use back when i was a sortie noob (and before that in regular missions)but a few sorties later when i got better and more confident about my weapon builds, i didn't see any reason to use the frame over Trinity, Banshee and later Harrow.

Volt, was my starter, same reason, i like some other frames more.

Gara, i admit i just used this frame at some point exclusively for the gold glass fashionframe i did and how it looked cool with my prime set of weapons with the same black-gold color scheme and to dab on them haters who said it was hard to farm.

Vauban, from when i farmed Hieracon more.

Nyx will probably be the next on this list for me as i find the frame less viable and fun with the tweaked passive than the spam bolts for disarms method for staying alive in high levels or Mot.

1 - Frost, used to use him for everything when I first started (becuase I didn't know any better) but now basically the only time I dust him off is when I get the "defense with the objective taking zero damage" Riven

2 - Excalibur, he was my very first an I know a lot of people still use him but I just never got into him.

3 -  Titania, no reason really, just lost interest with new frames being added and that sort of thing, that might change after her rework drops on console though.

There are also a whole bunch that I have (got them because I like to complete things and also MR is a thing) but never really managed to get into the playstyle or find a build that I liked so don't really fit into the OP's category of "used to use". 

That isn't to say they're bad, just didn't peak my interest. Those would include Trin (shut up, I know she's good but I play solo a lot of the time and it sucks being a support frame with no friends 😞 ), Khora, Loki (I bought Ivara as a birthday present to myself early on and she's still one of my most used frames, I just prefer prowling), Atlas, and sad to say Harrow.  I like Harrow but I hardly ever use him just becuase I have so many other frames to choose from.  Like I said, they're not bad, I just don't have the time to play all of them.

1 hour ago, Unicornu said:

Nezha - First frame i got after i started playing but after discovering the rest of the pack i realized there is just nothing interesting or useful anymore that would make my mission faster in any way on him. And if i need a tank frame i have built myself a Gara because she is just overall more interesting for me and so are her skills.

Wukong - No matter how much i tell myself that i cannot simply die on him all the rest of his arsenal is basically dead. Riven mods + condition overload won for me in terms of melee so not even his long red crits stick will make me to pick him up again.

Since the Nezha rework I use him regularly, but I've fiddled and tweaked until I have a build I really like and he's one of the few frames that I use all of his kit all the time (well actually just 1, 2 and 3, couldn't;t be bothered with his 4)

With you on Wukong, also, I just think he's ugly.  There is no way (at the moment) to make him look good and I can't justify spending plat on a frame I never use so...

3 hours ago, (XB1)CynNex said:

I just think he's ugly

:awkward:

Excal/Valkyr/Oberon for me. Were my first 3 frames and I loved them, now though... they aren't Wukong.

Although the changes to Excal's and Valkyr's weapons were also a nail in the coffin. I wanted Excal to be a sword frame, not a fluctus frame. And I found the changes to Hysteria's stance to be a detriment.

Edited by DeMonkey

Excalibur - Once I started getting new frames, I quickly left him behind to get a good taste of some of the variety in the other frames. Maybe I'll pick him back up sometime.

Trinity - Got Trinity Prime for free. Still rarely use her. If I was able to gift already-owned Warframes to other people, my Support-loving friend would have already had my Trinity Prime by now.

Ash - Again, got Ash Prime for free. I used to use him for a while, but once I started grinding up new prime frame BPs, I ended up tossing him out once I finally crafted some new frames.

My currently most played frame is Hydroid Prime, my pride and joy as he's my first self-crafted Prime frame. Yay!

Nyx (Prime): Used to be my "main", but then... I don't know. She just doesn't feel as effective as she used to be. Probably because so many frames got added/reworked and Nyx just... they just don't care about her. Even her "rework" if you can call it that is a bad joke, she feels the same.

Banshee (Prime): Used her alot before, but after her augment got changed,.. it's more effective than before, but I just miss the fun of being able to sit in one place and murder the entire map, even if it drained all my energy. And when they increased the energy costs, she died completely.

Valkyr: My main after I stoped playing Nyx. I love going berserk like that, and when they announced Garuda I thought she'd become my new main, but since it turned out that she doesn't have any Berserk ability like Valk, I lost all interest. And somehow that killed my interest in Valk as well. Heck, I even gave them matching sigils on the back to go with the whole "Sister" theme.

Currently I just keep switching between Frames...

Vauban - He used to be a favourite of mine due to his theme (and the bounce spam) when I started, but I quickly left him to rot in my inventory because, well, he's a one trick pony. I really wish for a potent rework.

Volt - He used to be my main, but I didn't appreciate the most recent big change made to Discharge. I stopped using him since then, in favor of Mag and Nezha.

Nyx - I just found better, and I didn't like the lastest rework.

Zephyr - She's just not good enough. I like her, but I have more fun with Mag. If her 2 had a better ragdoll, I'd play her much more.

Banshee - It's a warframe I could have loved if her 4th power wasn't either too passive or a huge "press 4 to win" button. I dislike also the fact that I have two buff type of powers I need to keep active everytime (Silence and Sonar) : it's a bit of a hassle.

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

:awkward:

Lol, sorry man, it's the pants (armour, whatever they generally put on his legs) that get me.   I'd love him to be the Monkey God, but I can't take his Pantaloons seriously 🙂

I also think I probably haven't spent enough time with him to really get a feel for his playstyle though.

Frost - got him with Twitch Prime when I started playing but has been obsolete since I've found Gara, who is more versatile and my favorite overall frame. 

Mag - starting frame, may change when I get around to leveling Mag Prime seeing as I haven't touched her since the rework. 

Harrow - was so excited to get him, but just couldn't seem to get the timing for the play style. Super fun on star chart, less so in challenging content. 

1. Rhino. Got him early on, he helped me get through a lot of the game as a noob, but I find him really boring. Amazingly useful kit, but boring.

2. Trinity, same reasons as Rhino.

3. Saryn  Changed this to Octavia. I used to play her all the time. I loved how dorky she looked, messing around with music, dancing during missions, etc. Like the others, her kit is very strong, but I just found her gameplay to be very unengaging. 

Basically, any frame that has a very passive playstyle, I'm likely to lose interest.

Edited by IntheCoconut
  • Like 1

Excalibur - I started playing with more frames, and found a more powerful one.

Oberon/Frost - Players said these were great..not my favorites for sure.

Some other frames - I maxxed them, and then stopped really playing with them.

Even though I don't use a good amount of frames, I still use a lot of frames.

1. Vauban: I used to use him a bit for infested missions but then Frost got improved and Hydroid became a thing...Even his re-work was insufficient to draw me back in unfortunately.

2.Excalibur: not a thing wrong with him, subsequent reworks to other frames just grabbed my interest more.

3. Ivara: same as Excal, frames got reworked and I lost all interest in running around on her due to that.

Octavia: Liked her kit, but the mandachord was too much work to sound nice and be good for buffs and such.

Vauban: Tesla and Bounce were fun things. That's all.

Saryn: Liked the active playstyle on her, but didnt like the mode she was actively played on since the kit, to me, looked like it was designed for mass groups of enemies, not for anything else.

Valkyr: Kit wasn't coherent or interactive between the abilities.

Revenant: threw him into the trash can immediately after levelling him for his crappy kit.

Wukong: Read Revenant.

Ember: Nerf didn't do anything to her problems.

Atlas: acquiring was already a PiTA, not to mention having to build a stat stick for his 1 and that capped rubble count.

Hm.

Honestly, I main Limbo, so that would have to pretty much be all of them. But for ones that are specific:

1: Trinity. I briefly used her after learning about the Community's usual reaction to Limbo. Triborous's guide gave me direction in how to use him though, so now Trinity is pretty much reserved for Redtext cult Gatherings (I didn't want to replace any of my Limbo colour slots)

2: Frost. I picked up Frost Prime shortly after picking up the game through the Prime with Prime system. He once was my most powerful Frames back in the day and I used him on a number of quests since I quite liked his defensive options. I don't use him anymore though.

Man, that's a tough question. Most frames that I hardly use now, I hardly ever used anyway (Atlas, Ember, Equinox, Gara, Hydroid, Ivara, Nezha, Octavia, Revenant, Titania, Zephyr).

Usually, I play Sortie, Kuva Floods, Void Fissures and a bit ESO if I want to fill daily standing quickly. So most frame choices are purpose-oriented. Following formerly regular Warframes "lost their job" with me:

1. Loki:
Why Loki if there's Ash? Ash is my main tool for Sorties. Long duration, Seeking Shuriken.

2. Frost:
The stronger you get, the less you're going for defensive Warframes. By now, Khora does that job when needed. Her high-range Strangledome let's nothing come through, doesn't mess with your sight and works perfect as offensive tool too.

3. Banshee:
With Naramon's old Shadow Step, she was my Queen of Survival, absolutely nothing hit harder than her in extreme solo Survival missions. With Shadow-Step and Void keys being a thing of the past, she's collecting dust mostly now. But sometimes I take her for a ride to make newcomers feel like badasses when doing million-damage numbers on sonar-spammed enemies 😛

1. Excalibur - he was my first frame and I still have a ton of time on him, but when I got Frost Prime and then figured out how to play Oberon, I didn't like Excalibur's mostly offense based kit.

2. Rhino - Along with Excalibur and Frost Prime, he was one of the three frames I did most of my early start chart clearing with. He was great for boss fights until, again, I figured out how to play Oberon.

3. Limbo - Limbo is one of my favorite frames. He is unique and quirky, and is a great solo frame (which is how I usually play the game). I even bought his Prime pack. I was really bad at spy missions when I first started, so I wanted to get Ivara because I heard she made spy missions trivial. Well, as you know, you have to do spy missions to get Ivara...and I did them with Limbo. He allowed me to get good at spy missions, and even now that I have Ivara I hardly do spy with her because of Limbo. Still, now that I don't HAVE to do spy missions (outside of the occasional spy alert or sortie), I don't use Limbo much. Kinda makes me sad.