Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does DE have the trend to blind us and kill our Eyes!!!?

-Sentient-

Arca plasmor is at least understandable,but the Staticor effect is just ridicusly Big and gives FPS drops,I am not playing on a potato I swear

I turned down Bloom and color correction long time ago.

Turning down effect intensity wont reduce the flash ammount,but how fancy it looks...

I agree with the OP, the arca and the catchmoon are visually hazardous.  So are the Eidolon hunts.  The Hydrolist is blinding, and makes it very hard on the eyes.  I also do not understand why the effects have to be so over the top.  I remember seeing something in a stream a while back about adjusting those settings, or something to do with brightness and how it was not calculated correctly in places like the plains and cannot remember when those changes are supposed to make it to consoles.

1 minute ago, (PS4)petestacks said:

I agree with the OP, the arca and the catchmoon are visually hazardous.  So are the Eidolon hunts.  The Hydrolist is blinding, and makes it very hard on the eyes.  I also do not understand why the effects have to be so over the top.  I remember seeing something in a stream a while back about adjusting those settings, or something to do with brightness and how it was not calculated correctly in places like the plains and cannot remember when those changes are supposed to make it to consoles.

Agree

The only reason why I dont do eidolons is because of that,my eyes are so #*!%ed up,dont wanna kill them more.

They had to make their own energy effects because they couldn't use Nvidia's anymore so these are side effects of that switch. The light intensity does seem to need to be toned down on a number of things. For example, I was using Redeemer Prime with my usual turquoise energy color... BLINDING with every charged shot. Had to change energy color to black.

Edited by Campaigner

1 minute ago, Campaigner said:

They had to make their own energy effects because they couldn't use Nvidia's anymore so these are side effects of that switch. The light intensity does seem to need to be tuned down on a number of things. For example, I was using Redeemer Prime with my usual turquoise energy color... BLINDING with every charged shot. Had to change energy color to black.

Same thing happens with the Sarpa

7 hours ago, -Sentient- said:

nDiVZJV.jpg

O_O MY EYES!!!

When I use the Sonicor or Staticor to CC with, can't see anything at all, particle effects cover the entire screen. But at least the Sonicor I don't have to aim AT a target to CC them (because you WON'T be able to see anything!!!).

PLEASE give folks the option to turn down particle effects. I turn it all down in WoW, otherwise 40 players' animations would make it simply a multicolored pixel game.

2 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

When I use the Sonicor or Staticor to CC with, can't see anything at all, particle effects cover the entire screen. But at least the Sonicor I don't have to aim AT a target to CC them (because you WON'T be able to see anything!!!).

PLEASE give folks the option to turn down particle effects. I turn it all down in WoW, otherwise 40 players' animations would make it simply a multicolored pixel game.

isn't Efect intensity and that the same?

7 hours ago, -Sentient- said:

Arca plasmor before the effect change : Good

After the change : BRIGTHY AF! without a dark color it will blind your eyes

And now with the recent changes to the Staticor and Simulor,jesus christ the Eyes and FPS are both gonna bleed

Even with low effect intensity is still brigthy

And I could talk about the newer weapon Flashes when you shoot (Exergis,Bataccor,And the Pocket Arca plasmor Kitgun)

Please DE Revert changes or let us choose,we do know some people like to have their eyes bleeding,but some of us do not o_O

(BTW Rip Switch users,their effect intensity is at 100% and can't be changed,the kiddos gonna get blinded with Rev)

Use dark energy.. dark purple, blue, black .. wrks great. No blindy

13 minutes ago, -Sentient- said:

isn't Efect intensity and that the same?

Don't know (I wish studios will use the same generic terms). In WoW, the setting I referring to is "Particle Density". It adjusts the particle effects from abilities and AoEs. I keep it at "good" setting while playing, just to see the AoE ground effects (needed in group content to not die due to green goo). You can turn it almost completely off (at the risk of not seeing any warnings of pending attacks).

Studios are doing more and more particle effects because they can, and because it looks good to the cameras for advertising their games. But players at eye level playing in that mess, are literally blinded by all of the flashing/arcing/auras those "kewl" effects can do.

If studios want to "sell" their game on the graphics, they need to have settings to turn off or down the particle effects AND the intensity of environmental effects too (i.e., glowing atmospherics and reflection effects like glares of sunshafts).

Anyone who uses bright simulor/staticor/plasmor, I just quit the squad.

My eyes can't stand it. It's too bright.

Stop asking me to lower my graphic setting. I paid money to experience the best graphic, that includes particle effect. Before the change, I don't have such blinding problem.

• Like 1

Here is the video before Fortuna update. That Archwing boost blue light speed effects are barely noticeable. (near the end of video)

Now after Fortuna update, that blue light speed effect is bright, very bright at night. Worst of all, the effect intensity does not change Archwing blue light effects at all. This is not using afterburners, just sprinting. Why is it so bright after Fortuna update?

They ruined the Arca Plasmor with it. The Synoid Simulor is also barely usable since it blocks whole rooms with its energy color.

And the Staticor? Jesus man.. had someone spamming it in a fissure with Mirage. DE needs to fix their nonsense.

Edited by Karu-QW

20 minutes ago, Karu-QW said:

They ruined the Arca Plasmor with it. The Synoid Simulor is also barely usable since it blocks whole rooms with its energy color.

And the Staticor? Jesus man.. had someone spamming it in a fissure with Mirage. DE needs to fix their nonsense.

It seems like DE is smoking weed

for real (They are in canada so I dont doubt)