Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does DE have the trend to blind us and kill our Eyes!!!?

-Sentient-

49 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

With the introduction of the tricap, it seems DE is on a mission to outdo brightness on every previous update.  

And with every rework of a weapon, they do the same. 

I bet they got a secret agenda to blind us and make us Extemely stupid and dumb so  then we fall into their purpose

There's so many excessively bright visual effects I just turn the particle effect slider down to around 60% now to save my eyes. Even then things like the bright flash on Mag's crush bother me visually.

Edited by Sailears

On 2019-01-04 at 4:17 PM, -Sentient- said:

kdf9xd6jdb621.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

^^ These effects that WF uses is literally blinding.

When you're at the arsenal and upgrading mods, there's also a BLINDING page turn effect going from upgrade > to mod > to the chaarcter screen, too. Not even closing my eyes escapes the flash.

The Void entry spawn point is the worst. Pure white diffusion glow. Not only blinding it comes with an under the water blurry effect. The exact same effect I saw waking up after a stroke days later. Now DE is adding lens flare effects to rifle scopes.

For a week after my stroke I had a wide light spectrum band of dark navy blue to sky blue with a narrow red and yellow band that covered 1/3 of my vision. When it finally faded it left a permanent scar in the visual field (a paracentral scotoma).

These aren't just optical effects, it's the symptoms of what happens if you had a brain injury that effects your visual/sensory areas of the brain. It's NOT healthy. It's NOT normal. It's NOT "just" visual effects. That's what people see with central vision problems.

DE needs to give players tools to eliminate them, because this is playing with the WRONG areas of visual effects. This is nerve and neuron DAMAGED vision...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplopia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oculomotor_nerve_palsy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ptosis_(eyelid)

(I literally can't SEE sharp edges anymore. Add blurs/diffusion and particle effects, PHYSICALLY can't SEE beyond the light effects)...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palinopsia

THIS is NOT a joke... @2:00 try living and even MOVING around without falling. Why I walk with a cane or have my sis as my walking guide (you will lose 3D spatial orientation and fall as you lost your center point to guide you. Like a pilot who loses the horizon and gets disorientated)...

Combine that with migraine auras (like what happened last week in the Void. Mine has the black zig zag lines and spectrum halo)...

Can't see through it and the type I have affects both eyes and can fill half the visual field. Can only goto bed if it doesn't fade within 15 minutes, as those auras last hours and risk bumping into things; knocking things onto the floor.

Devs are copying this stuff from each other and think it's "fun". But LIVING and SEEING the world differently like that is NOT fun. When they add it into games, it just DOUBLES the problems.

Just give us the tools to turn it OFF completely!

• Like 1

Just turn your effects down, I like the flashy [NO-NO-WORD]; after I turn the brightness down by like half. Looks creepier and emphasizes the lights. If its not enough then there should be a more potent slider. Just don't take away the option from everyone who likes it.

Edited by (PS4)DARK_WIZARD999

I don't know what weapon it is (since I leave party ASAP) that makes huge balls of light which STAY for some seconds is actually insane with adjusted bloom and similar settings. Heck, once I had Mirage in party with this weapon, it's not that it;s just blinding - it's unplayable because everything is just covered with those effects and guy just was spamming them everywhere. 

It's not that it's bad for eyes (which is the worst thing actually because it affects our bodies and eyes especially) but it makes game unplayable, DE really should look and adjust some of the weapons graphic settings.

4 minutes ago, -Sentient- said:

For people that want their eyes burning, Yes.

i was just joking around, though i do think flashy is awesome

i personally dont have any issues with any of the affects, all my graphics settings are on max and ive never had issues, though... i DO always have my monitors brightness set to 0, but the game still looks fine on that setting for me, and i still get blinded by things (like websites with pure white backgrounds without the option to change them to dark grey, ugh) but i never have a problem with WF, even before i started having my monitors brightness at 0 all the time

i do understand that people tolerate things like this differently though, and i saw your post that, in my opinion, had no reason to be locked, and i agree that there should be ways to lower them for people who go through things like you said happened to you in that post

Edited by Joltyboi
  • Like 1

On 2019-01-04 at 4:42 PM, -Sentient- said:

Arca plasmor before the effect change : Good

After the change : BRIGTHY AF! without a dark color it will blind your eyes

And now with the recent changes to the Staticor and Simulor,jesus christ the Eyes and FPS are both gonna bleed

Even with low effect intensity is still brigthy

And I could talk about the newer weapon Flashes when you shoot (Exergis,Bataccor,And the Pocket Arca plasmor Kitgun)

Please DE Revert changes or let us choose,we do know some people like to have their eyes bleeding,but some of us do not o_O

(BTW Rip Switch users,their effect intensity is at 100% and can't be changed,the kiddos gonna get blinded with Rev)

On 2019-01-04 at 3:17 PM, -Sentient- said:

kdf9xd6jdb621.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Commend made by a person below.

^^ These effects that WF uses is literally blinding.

When you're at the arsenal and upgrading mods, there's also a BLINDING page turn effect going from upgrade > to mod > to the chaarcter screen, too. Not even closing my eyes escapes the flash.

The Void entry spawn point is the worst. Pure white diffusion glow. Not only blinding it comes with an under the water blurry effect. The exact same effect I saw waking up after a stroke days later. Now DE is adding lens flare effects to rifle scopes.

For a week after my stroke I had a wide light spectrum band of dark navy blue to sky blue with a narrow red and yellow band that covered 1/3 of my vision. When it finally faded it left a permanent scar in the visual field (a paracentral scotoma).

These aren't just optical effects, it's the symptoms of what happens if you had a brain injury that effects your visual/sensory areas of the brain. It's NOT healthy. It's NOT normal. It's NOT "just" visual effects. That's what people see with central vision problems.

DE needs to give players tools to eliminate them, because this is playing with the WRONG areas of visual effects. This is nerve and neuron DAMAGED vision...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplopia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oculomotor_nerve_palsy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ptosis_(eyelid)

(I literally can't SEE sharp edges anymore. Add blurs/diffusion and particle effects, PHYSICALLY can't SEE beyond the light effects)...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palinopsia

THIS is NOT a joke... @2:00 try living and even MOVING around without falling. Why I walk with a cane or have my sis as my walking guide (you will lose 3D spatial orientation and fall as you lost your center point to guide you. Like a pilot who loses the horizon and gets disorientated)...

Combine that with migraine auras (like what happened last week in the Void. Mine has the black zig zag lines and spectrum halo)...

Can't see through it and the type I have affects both eyes and can fill half the visual field. Can only goto bed if it doesn't fade within 15 minutes, as those auras last hours and risk bumping into things; knocking things onto the floor.

Devs are copying this stuff from each other and think it's "fun". But LIVING and SEEING the world differently like that is NOT fun. When they add it into games, it just DOUBLES the problems.

Just give us the tools to turn it OFF completely!

Have you tried turning off the "Glare" option in the Display settings?

Can also try turning down the brightness or gamma settings and playing around with the other lighting options.

Edited by FlusteredFerret