Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Mercenaries: A Dynamic And Vibrant Endgame Solution

Grailchaser

My point is that they would not hold the loyalty to Corpus over the loyalty to Tenno.  The point of getting involved in the other faction's operations in the first place was to bring benefit to the Tenno faction, not tear it apart.  Aside from the fact that I'm kind of into this game's lore, that is just an argument that doesn't make sense.

That would be like me deciding I need more money to fund my education, so I open a lemonade stand.  I then have a conflict of interests of work and study, so I decide to stop studying and work.  The entire purpose of the work was to fund the education that I am no longer prioritizing.  I have failed in my endeavor to better my education.  

You must keep the overarching goals in mind at all times, otherwise you step on your own toes.

"Well, the great thing about Warframe is that the Lore's always in flux. DE hasn't actually finalized what's actually supposed to be what, and even what they have finalized, i.e. Captain Vor, are subject to interpretation and clarification. "

-OP

Stalker uses a warframe

That warframe has powers unique to Ash and Excalibur

How did his frame get powers from Ash and Excalibur?

It must be modified.

How do we know it's a Warframe? "Cuz it looks like one" ?

I can think up 10 different backstories to explain Stalker without him being a "Rogue Tenno in a Stalker Warframe."

And to be honest, if that's how they actually sell it, I will be dissappointed in DE.

I can think up 10 different backstories to explain Stalker without him being a "Rogue Tenno in a Stalker Warframe."

And to be honest, if that's how they actually sell it, I will be dissappointed in DE.

We know it's a warframe because "Warframes are the name of the exoskeletons used in the Warframe universe. They protect the wearer with regenerating shields while allowing him or her to use special abilities such as faster movement speed, higher jumping heights or control over elemental forces."

- Warframe wiki

Fragments of history suggest that discipline and chivalry are the cornerstone values of the Tenno: is this true today? The Tenno are emerging into a world unfamiliar to them. One sees a noble warrior, building his strength against an oppressive regime. Another sees an opportunistic mercenary, exploiting the Warframe's superiority for wealth. Regardless of their future, the Tenno stand united against a common foe, loyal only to each other.

-DE

https://warframe.com/game/factions/tenno

Somehow I think my source is more reputable.

Fragments of history suggest that discipline and chivalry are the cornerstone values of the Tenno: is this true today? The Tenno are emerging into a world unfamiliar to them. One sees a noble warrior, building his strength against an oppressive regime. Another sees an opportunistic mercenary, exploiting the Warframe's superiority for wealth. Regardless of their future, the Tenno stand united against a common foe, loyal only to each other.

-DE

https://warframe.com/game/factions/tenno

Somehow I think my source is more reputable.

A Tenno is not a warframe, and lore can change according to Grailchaser.

It is definitely a warframe, it is not necessarily a Tenno (although it probably is).

I don't see how Stalker being a Tenno would be dissapointing.  Perhaps one gone mad by centuries of solitude?  I could think of a bunch of backstories for the Stalker being a Tenno.

We know it's a warframe because "Warframes are the name of the exoskeletons used in the Warframe universe. They protect the wearer with regenerating shields while allowing him or her to use special abilities such as faster movement speed, higher jumping heights or control over elemental forces."

- Warframe wiki

Vor and Lech Kril both have regenerating shields and special abilities such as faster movement speed and control over elemental forces.

It is definitely a warframe, it is not necessarily a Tenno (although it probably is).

I don't see how Stalker being a Tenno would be dissapointing.  Perhaps one gone mad by centuries of solitude?  I could think of a bunch of backstories for the Stalker being a Tenno.

I'd love to hear an example of why anyone would somehow feel that it's a crime to kill Phorid.

Edited by Archistopheles

Anyways... I really think my idea of assassinating Tenno in missions for factions is a good idea. It also encourages people to practice PvP. 

A Tenno is not a warframe, and lore can change according to Grailchaser.

What are you talking about?  What does this have to do with anything I (or you for that matter) have said previously?

I'm well aware a Tenno is not a frame.  That has nothing to do with conversation.  A Warframe has no allegiances, it is an inanimate object.  Tenno have goals, ideas, and loyalties.

Anyways... I really think my idea of assassinating Tenno in missions for factions is a good idea. It also encourages people to practice PvP. 

I'm well aware that you're pushing a pvp agenda.  This is not a pvp game.

Vor and Lech Kril both have regenerating shields and special abilities such as faster movement speed and control over elemental forces.

Through stolen Orokin artifacts and general technology of the day.

What are you talking about?  What does this have to do with anything I (or you for that matter) have said previously?

I'm well aware a Tenno is not a frame.  That has nothing to do with conversation.  A Warframe has no allegiances, it is an inanimate object.  Tenno have goals, ideas, and loyalties.

What are you talking about? Why did you bring up lore from the warframe site when OP states that warframe lore can change?

What are you talking about? Why did you bring up lore from the warframe site when OP states that warframe lore can change?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!  That's like taking legal advice from a middle schooler over that of a lawyer.  When you want authentic information, you go to the source of that information.

I honestly can not comprehend how you think an official DE description is less respectable of a source of information than that of some random guy on the forums.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!  That's like taking legal advice from a middle schooler over that of a lawyer.  When you want authentic information, you go to the source of that information.

I honestly can not comprehend how you think an official DE description is less respectable of a source of information than that of some random guy on the forums.

Then can you prove that the lore won't change? If you can, then you may as well get a moderator to delete this thread because it goes against the current lore and cannot be considered.

Edited by Mikovsky

Factions? Well, I always thought that no person would prevent bunch of dudes from cryogenic capsules struggling for life from going separate ways.

Damn, being from one type of freezer doesn't make you friends 4 life.They can help you a bit, but... ow, nice boots you are having here.

The other thing is the fact that it will be hard to explain, how you got some buddies after the first mission. Game probably needs forced squad for the whole mini-chapter, I guess.

As I stated, there doesn't need to be an overt PVP push, because, as MeteorKing has noted and demonstrated, there are strict lore principles that preclude it, along with community members who are very attached to it. 

It'd also probably take a lot of work to balance, and isn't the point of this thing.

I really hope this doesn't turn into one of these topics. Really wasn't the point of this exercise.

• 1 month later...