Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why don't all "signature weapons" do this?

Xaxma

"Cobra & Crane is Baruuk's signature sword & shield, possessing high status chance and its shield can be thrown similar to the Sigma & Octantis. When used by Baruuk, the first strike of this weapon will put enemies to sleep." - Taken from the Wiki

Why don't all signature weapons get a revisit to add passives to the frames they came with? It would give players a weapon they could use in conjunction to add a little more flair to their favorite frames.

Includes (But not limited to):

• Gara + Astilla/Fusilai/Volnus
  • Garuda + Nagantaka
  • Mirage + Akzani
  • Octavia + Tenora
  • Atlas + Tekko
  • Khora + Dual Keres

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Dahx11 said:

I don't think anything will make Akzani worth using. Even if you do pair it with Mirage.

Love the general idea tho.

It would at least give some useless weapons like this a niche so they are worth using.

For Mirage, maybe it does something like increase her evasion?

18 minutes ago, Cicasajt said:

some frames dont even have signature weapons so be happy some even have cool gimmicks

By "some" you of course mean one, right? Being Cobra & Crane? I'm calling that perhaps all of them could do something neat.

We need more gimmicks because most weapons are just different stats.

3 minutes ago, Xaxma said:

We need more gimmicks because most weapons are just different stats.

Unless the stats are bumped to over the current high stats holder, no gimmick would change that.

This is something you want, not something that the game needs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Unless the stats are bumped to over the current high stats holder, no gimmick would change that.

This is something you want, not something that the game needs.

The game needs to be more interesting, and useful gimmicks would help with that.

You're literally saying the only way a weapon can be good is if it's power creep, which is precisely what everyone hates.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dahx11 said:

I don't think anything will make Akzani worth using. Even if you do pair it with Mirage.

Love the general idea tho.

Are ya sure? :3 "Bullets from the Akzani, when used in Mirage's hands, will do more damage to enemies in the light, while providing a temporary damage reduction to shot allies in the dark." Just have it be an Eclipse Lite version. If this isn't cool, then the Akzani could treat non-usable ammo drops as explode-able, meaning that the Mirage could just shoot nearby a dormant ammo drop for an AoE stagger, knockdown, cc, damage, etc, effect.

• Like 1

Fusilai already has a Gimmicky secondary fire. Astilla is already a gimmicky AoE shotgun. 

Tenora is pretty much one of the best ARs in the game especially with a Riven. It has a gimmicky secondary fire so adding one more on top of that would be OTT.

Nagantaka is actually strong in its own right, but the passive is useless when the weapon relies heavily on slash procs to kill over time. It is a gimmicky gun, though.

The older "signature" weapons are basically just a bunch of stats, but they are older weapons.

Heck, if anything deserves a Gimmick it is the Broken War and War. All other quest weapons had Gimmicks in them.

I'm all for gimmicks normally--it's just another way to eke some distinctiveness out of a system of hundreds of weapons, and only a limited number of major stats to build around.

But explicitly limiting them to specific frames seems to me like it's taking things too far--basically making a more limited gimmick out of a gimmick. 😛  And it's  another cluster of things for the community to get overwrought about and the devs to worry about balancing.  And to what purpose?  Will it be a better game if I group with  one or two  Rhinos using Boltor and the occasional Octavias using Tenora?  

I suppose I'd love to see more variety in weapon usage, but this way is more than a little paradoxical.  In addition to seeing mostly Khora with Plague Zaw, we get a few with Dual Keres.  Great!  And probably a few less using "somebody else's" weapon...eh, not quite as great.

The way to really open up weapon usage is  better weapon balance.  It accomplishes the same thing, but it isn't restrictive.  And it benefits the game so much more  in other ways. 

1 hour ago, Datam4ss said:

Fusilai already has a Gimmicky secondary fire. Astilla is already a gimmicky AoE shotgun. 

Tenora is pretty much one of the best ARs in the game especially with a Riven. It has a gimmicky secondary fire so adding one more on top of that would be OTT.

Nagantaka is actually strong in its own right, but the passive is useless when the weapon relies heavily on slash procs to kill over time. It is a gimmicky gun, though.

The older "signature" weapons are basically just a bunch of stats, but they are older weapons.

Heck, if anything deserves a Gimmick it is the Broken War and War. All other quest weapons had Gimmicks in them.

That's not the point of the thread. The point is that Cobra & Crane has a special effect when used by a particular frame, Baruuk. I'm asking that the "signature weapon" belonging to said frames also obtain a similar behavior.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

It be interesting a gimmick, but i feel like alot of players would feel forced to only use the weapons with certain frames in order to get the most from them. 

Baruuk's effect with C&C is negligible but nonetheless a welcome addition since it offers a nice bit of stun to his opening attacks, and it fits his theme well, but the weapon itself is still rather strong without it. Is it really asking for much that the other frames with signature weapons on release get something similar?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Xaxma said:

That's not the point of the thread. The point is that Cobra & Crane has a special effect when used by a particular frame, Baruuk. I'm asking that the "signature weapon" belonging to said frames also obtain a similar behavior.

That would be stacking extra stuff on top of what is already there for some quite powerful guns (especially in the Tenora's case). 

I mean I do like power creep but not when it potentially opens up the floor to whiny nerf warriors.

9 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

That would be stacking extra stuff on top of what is already there for some quite powerful guns (especially in the Tenora's case). 

I mean I do like power creep but not when it potentially opens up the floor to whiny nerf warriors.

And what makes that so bad for a single frame? The Tenora is the only exception I'm aware of. Everything else on the list sees very little use and it'd be thematically cool if some of these "signature weapons" actually felt like they belong to the frame in question.

Edited by Xaxma
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like this idea mainly I feel because DE kinda backed themselves into a corner with Zaws and Kitguns. Now that we can build our own weapons with typically superior stats (and name them too), the only thing keeping weapons they release relevant will be how they can differ from whatever the optimal Zaw/Kitgun will be. Weapons like the Atmos, Pox, and Synoid Gammacor will have a place because of room clearing power and utility, but weapons that don't do either of these will probably only see play from people who really like the feel of the weapon. Which is all well and good, I still use weapons that haven't been meta-relevant for ages(or ever) like Prisma Obex and Prisma Angstrum, but even situational perks to signature weapons would make them fun to use as a set with their Warframes. Personally, I want the Akanzi to be if not good, at least usable on Mirage.