Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Titania More Fun

(NSW)DEADSHOT500

I haven't played Titania much, but I would like to give some constructive feedback (I probably don't know what I'm talking about) to help make Titania a more fun, lovable, and likely to be played frame. I personally really want to like Titania and want to enjoy playing her! If anyone from DE likes my ideas, please let me know. Also, if LifeOfRio sees this, I would love to hear your thoughts on my ideas in a youtube video and any other ideas you may have.

• First off, Titania means "Fairy Queen", so can we please get some fairy wings on Titania and make her wing color the same as her energy color.

Passive

• I don't have any great ideas for a passive but the current one is unfortunate. Maybe Titania could have one or two razor-flies floating around her at all times doing a little bit of damage to enemies.
  • Also, look down at tribute for another idea.

Razorwing

• So I feel like razorwing is just a copy-paste of the archwing and I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing, but again I would prefer it if Titania had some fairy wings that started flapping when this ability is activated.
  • The whole purpose behind this frame is to be able to fly around like a fairy and fairies fly around all the time so making Titania's flying ability constantly drain energy is pretty annoying. I would love to see Titania's first ability be her flying ability and make it to where it only costs energy to activate and de-activate. 
  • I'm not a fan of Titania's Dex Pixia and Diwata and would prefer it if those were taken out, so I could just use my regular weapons while flying around. (Again, I haven't used Titania a lot so I don't know how good these weapons actually are. I should go watch some more LifeOfRio videos to see what he thinks.)

Spellbind

• This is a fine ability, but it is very similar to Vauban's third ability; however, Vauban has a much wider radius than Titania. Therefore, I feel like Titania's base radius for spellbind could be higher as well.

Lantern

• This ability is okay but the explosion radius is like half the attract radius, and many times some enemies will be attracted during game-play while others wont when they are standing next to each other, so I would like the explosion radius to be higher and make attract more consistent. 
  • Lastly, I think the damage could be much higher.

Tribute

• Please get rid of this ability and make a new ability.
  • This ability could also work as a passive. When Titania bullet-jumps next to an enemy, she has a chance to extract a random ability buff from that enemy.

New Ability Rather than Tribute

• Again, I don't have a lot of great ideas, but here are some random thoughts floating through my head.
  • An ability that makes use of fairy glitter would be cool. Maybe the glitter would make enemies in the radius drop energy when they die. 
  • A huge swarm of razor-flies that spread out and attack enemies for a certain period of time (kind of like Zephyr's Tornado). The razor-flies could just do damage or could eat away at enemies armor.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (NSW)DEADSHOT500:

can we please get some fairy wings on Titania and make her wing color the same as her energy color.

She has wings, not on her back but on her hip, like all Archwings. I guess they did it this way to not clip with the Syndanas. If you want Energy wings  I guess you have to wait for a Syndana like this, maybe one comes with Zephyr deluxe (if this ever comes).

This ability could also work as a passive. When Titania bullet-jumps next to an enemy, she has a chance to extract a random ability buff from that enemy.

I had a similar idea for her passive, but instead of creating a soul/buff while bullet-jumping create one while an enemy dies while under the effect of one of her skills.

So I feel like razorwing is just a copy-paste of the archwing

This is the purpose of Exalted weapons. 

• The whole purpose behind this frame is to be able to fly around like a fairy and fairies fly around all the time so making Titania's flying ability constantly drain energy is pretty annoying. I would love to see Titania's first ability be her flying ability and make it to where it only costs energy to activate and de-activate. 
  • I'm not a fan of Titania's Dex Pixia and Diwata and would prefer it if those were taken out, so I could just use my regular weapons while flying around. (Again, I haven't used Titania a lot so I don't know how good these weapons actually are.

Energy is not really a problem now that she has a higher pool, but I share your concern about her weapons. While Dex Pixia is really good it is sad that you are forced to use it as you will not survive outside of Razorwing. It is also nice that she got a melee weapon (being the only frame with more than one exalted weapon), but the Diwata is way inferior to Dex Pixia and has some issues, like targeting the knees of enemies and not their heads... I hope they adress her Diwata when Melee 3.0 finally comes and make it on par with Dex Pixia.

• This ability is okay but the explosion radius is like half the attract radius, and many times some enemies will be attracted during game-play while others wont when they are standing next to each other, so I would like the explosion radius to be higher and make attract more consistent. 
  • Lastly, I think the damage could be much higher.

Lantern seems to be currently bugged, so the attract does not work properly. I think the explosion Radius is fine, but the Razorflies damage Radius could be higher (2,5m ->5m at least). More damage would be nice, but is not really necessary if the cc works properly.

This is a fine ability, but it is very similar to Vauban's third ability; however, Vauban has a much wider radius than Titania. Therefore, I feel like Titania's base radius for spellbind could be higher as well.

Her biggest issues with Spellbind is not its radius but the horrendous casting time and the floating away into the stratosphere. It does not need to be on par with Vaubans Bastille, as it is a 1st Ability while Vaubans is a 3rd one.

A huge swarm of razor-flies that spread out and attack enemies for a certain period of time (kind of like Zephyr's Tornado). The razor-flies could just do damage or could eat away at enemies armor.

More Razorflies would always be nice ^^

9 hours ago, (NSW)DEADSHOT500 said:

I'm not a fan of Titania's Dex Pixia and Diwata and would prefer it if those were taken out,

Horrible idea

First off, Titania means "Fairy Queen", so can we please get some fairy wings on Titania

She has wings 

This is a fine ability, but it is very similar to Vauban's third ability; however, Vauban has a much wider radius than Titania. Therefore, I feel like Titania's base radius for spellbind could be higher as well.

Aside from crowd controlling enemies... how are they similar?

• Like 1

Dex Pixia is one of the (possibly the best) scaling Exalted in the game.  Great status chance and a ton of slash damage.  Not in need of a change.  Diwata could use more status chance to make Condition Overload/Healing Return more viable.

https://imgur.com/NmxQBRf

My shortlist of priorities:

1. Operator mode directly out of and back into Razorwing.
  2. Fix Lantern to actually work. 
  3. Change 3/4 of Tribute.  Dust is fine.  Perhaps a Stone Skin effect where the next hit is negated.  Anything but damage reflect which would need to be 2000% to kill an enemy at the cost of all her health.  Maybe a Punchthrough buff instead of pet damage?
  • Like 1

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll just briefly respond to some of the stuff you mentioned.

Naneel, I agree with you that it is unfortunate that you are forced to use the exalted weapons. I wish I could use my regular weapons while flying around. Being able to spam a zarr while in the air would be pretty fun. Lastly, It is nice that Titania has a larger energy pool, but not being able to stay in the air indefinitely due to energy drain really takes away from her fun factor, and I think more people would use her if that were the case. And since Titania is modeled after fairies, I think flying should come as naturally to Titania as it is with fairies, not requiring constant energy drain. 

LoisGordils, I understand that she already has wings. I want fairy wings. Not the butt jiggle tail thing we currently have. Naneel made a good point that fairy wings would've taken away from the syndanas so if there was a fairy wing syndana made for Titania, that would be cool. Also, Vauban's third ability and spellbind are similar because they are both CC abilities that pull enemies into the air. I apologize for not making that more clear. 

WhimsicalPacifist, thanks for the link! I guess I just need to spend more time with Titania to make her Dex Pixia's as good as they have the potential to be. 

She definitely needed some work, and from the reviews of the rework it looks like she still needs work. Changing cosmetics and removing some of her best features won't fix her though.

Also, unless you're going to solo 15 hours of survival, i wouldn't recommend giving much attention to LifeOfRio. He has a warped perspective of this game and seems to sincerely hate it and everyone that plays it...

1 hour ago, WhimsicalPacifist said:

Dex Pixia is one of the (possibly the best) scaling Exalted in the game.  Great status chance and a ton of slash damage.  Not in need of a change.  Diwata could use more status chance to make Condition Overload/Healing Return more viable.

https://imgur.com/NmxQBRf

My shortlist of priorities:

1. Operator mode directly out of and back into Razorwing.
  2. Fix Lantern to actually work. 
  3. Change 3/4 of Tribute.  Dust is fine.  Perhaps a Stone Skin effect where the next hit is negated.  Anything but damage reflect which would need to be 2000% to kill an enemy at the cost of all her health.  Maybe a Punchthrough buff instead of pet damage?

Going by raw effects, Dust is only really efficient when on ground/not in razorwing and only facing snipers as enemy accuracy debuffs are strongest the further away one is (but because accuracy debuffs seem to have a heavy DR curve and you can go full machine gun sniper at 40m+ range, 10+m range above the area of dust, so that anything that isnt heat seeking wont hit you even with basic casual movement means the buff is moot), Pet damage however does have a notable impact on razorwings dps output, thus if she finally gets a way to regen them (LIKE LANTERN WHICH ALREADY SAYS IT SUMMONS RAZORFLIES BUT CURRENTLY JUST MAKES A ENEMY IMMUNE TO EVERYTHING DUE TO BEING DOGDROPPINGS) it would be useful.

Personally id love (at least thematically) for at least one of her first 3 abilities to have some energy orb drop chance component (folklore fairies being quite high in the "magic and magic items" department), tribute to relate to the idea of fairies replacing humans with changelings with the best of the stolen humans ending up as offerings to the devil (or whatever other evil depending on what time period one looks at) and lantern to actually "lead travelers into deep bogs/getting lost in the fairyland"

P.S. for those doing the linked Dex Pixia build, while that setup is is optimal for regular maps+going close up for headshots, replacing Crit with (Primed) Quickdraw+Augur Pact is a viable options for longer range (main shot of DP is poinpoint accurate hitscan, but multishot bullets actually follow listed accuracy) or maps with steady enemy reinforcements

Edited by Andele3025

Lantern just needs to be fixed to have a working tether and a much more consistent and lasting CC mesmerization effect, because it breaks too easily or just, frequently, doesn't work now. Enemies also need to run, at full speed, to the lantern, which would help negate the impact of it's abysmal range and poor relative damage. 

I think the biggest buff to Titania's abilities would be to create real synergy with her skills. Reduce cost of abilities or increase energy orb drop chance on enemies that die in the air. So if you use spellbind, then cast lantern the cost is halved. Or use lantern then spellbind the mass of enemies that ran to the lantern and they all have a 50% chance to drop energy orbs. Casting tribute on an enemy in the air (spellbind or lantern) will spawn a X number of razorflies, even if Titania is not in razorwing.

Edited by WhisperBiscuit

Titanias pretty close to being perfect shes just a few tweaks away at this point, they made her 3 not send enemy's to the skybox but forgot to put that fix onto her 1, so if her 1 made enemies float i near where the ability was cast and not have them drift into the atmosphere that would be good

The only thing that should be removed from her 2 entirely is thorns since damage reflection will always just be bad, make thorns into a buff titania and her allies will actually care about like reload speed or recoil reduction. The other tributes just need number changes, the slow could be upped to 40% so its strong enough to be have a noticeable impact on titanias survivability but not enough to where she is stealing nova and equinoxes thunder.

Her 3s explosion damage should scale with damage done to the lantern, it just seems like the most obvious way to make the explosion scale and have it be worthwhile but her 3 is stil good as crowd control for now, just having a reason to give a S#&$ about the detonating part of lantern would be nice especially in a way that had it synergise with TItanias dex pixia.

Her 4 just needs what everyone has been suggesting forever and that is reazorflies need to be revivable or invincible so that she doesnt have to go in and out of her 4 to replenish them. one of the great things about titania is that she is one of the few frames who can take great advantage of snapshot strength buffs like energy conversion and pax bolt but having to refresh the ability more than you ought to kinda makes her feel needlessly clunky. I get that for some frames DE wants you to not spam your strongest ability constantly i really dont think thats an issue on titania because her 4 doesnt have any AOE or autoaim, its just a pair of really strong hitscan pistols with enough of a reload time to where I dont see titania being an unfun kil hog like mesa can be.

While I think this tweaks would help her feel way better and have a more defined place I still think her current rework was far better than people give her credit for

vor einer Stunde schrieb Wet_Tenties:

Titanias pretty close to being perfect shes just a few tweaks away at this point

While she is not bad, I fear it will take more then a few tweaks to make her perfect. Everyone of her skills needs some work with Spellbind being the best functioning one, only needing faster cast time and teathered enemies. Tribute has still the issue of the usefullness of its buffs and Lanterns biggest problem is that it is bugged right now. Razorwing is good, but lacks nearly all interactions, your pet and has a nearly useless 2nd weapon. Even her passive is not really great, because you will seldomly benefit from it. So how are these a few tweaks to be done ?

vor einer Stunde schrieb Wet_Tenties:

While I think this tweaks would help her feel way better and have a more defined place I still think her current rework was far better than people give her credit for

Its not that her rework was bad, everything they did was good, but it where to few improvements and it took them roughly two years to listen to the communities concerns which is just sad.

As a supplement for Thorns, maybe give her Lifesteal (1-2%), could be helpful to keep Razorflies alive, or Manasteal, to better fit with the Fairy theme. And make all Buffs equally long (120s) as there is no reason why Fullmoon is shorter (90s) then the rest.

On 2019-01-06 at 6:39 PM, Wet_Tenties said:

Titanias pretty close to being perfect shes just a few tweaks away at this point, they made her 3 not send enemy's to the skybox but forgot to put that fix onto her 1, so if her 1 made enemies float i near where the ability was cast and not have them drift into the atmosphere that would be good

I don't believe she's that close, maybe 70%. Razorwing is fine as is and her exalted weapons are pretty strong (but I don't really find myself using the melee one).

However, her passive is barely used since you have to stay in razorwing mode to survive high leveled content, therefore you're not bullet jumping to activate her passive. Also, as you've mentioned, her 1 and 3 have the extremely annoying side effect of flinging enemies everywhere which I guess is supposed to give the whole "spirited away" feel, but it's just annoying for you and your team mates.

Personally I dislike her "Tribute" ability as not only is the cast time pretty long, but the buffs don't seem that amazing. It'd be better if it could be changed to an ability that increases her survivability when in and outside of razorwing.

Oh and I'd like cast time reduction when in razorwing form, but at this point I'm just getting greedy.

29 minutes ago, Arbitex said:

However, her passive is barely used since you have to stay in razorwing mode to survive high leveled content, therefore you're not bullet jumping to activate her passive. .

Just as a BTW, her passive also increases dodge distances (so backflip too) just as the bulletjump mods and other such parkour boosts thus it does have a slight use in razorwing (AW have double momentum, thus baseline end their dodge after 14m in plains/ov, titania has 8~9m dodge, 25% above the 7m... tho that might be wrong and they just made her dodge base 8 in which case it is indeed useless, would be great if boost keybind was split from up/down for AW so that both true AW could use melee slide attacks/boost attacks AND titania could rush at full speed without having to look down or up either way).

Edited by Andele3025