Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Much Better Ash Ultimate

noneuklid

For the next a1/a2/a3/a4 seconds, non-charged standing, running, and wall-running melee attacks will teleport the Ash to the target under their crosshairs (up to b1/b2/b3/b4) just before the attack executes.  Melee attacks deal an additional 25%/50%/75%/100% damage and have a greatly increased chance to crit and stun.  For each kill made during the duration of this power, the Ash's swing speed and charge speed increase slightly.

I really enjoy watching him teleport around the room, flipping out everything in range.  The biggest problems are that it doesn't target enemies that enter the attack envelope after the power starts, and that it's damage scaling has the same issue as every other direct damage ability.

I'm hoping that whatever they do in Issue 10 corrects this problem across the board - not just on one or two powers.

My biggest problem is that his ultimate takes too long to execute. Everyone else's ult is done in under 3 sec with the exception of maybe banshee. It seems like bladestorm takes 10+ seconds to kill a group of enemies that I could easily just nuke with a number of other frames.

I really enjoy watching him teleport around the room, flipping out everything in range.  The biggest problems are that it doesn't target enemies that enter the attack envelope after the power starts, and that it's damage scaling has the same issue as every other direct damage ability.

And that it's really quite slow.

This version would still let him flip out and tele-kill everything, but it would tie the damage directly to his melee weapon.  It would also let him escape the radius of allies ults, it would be much more active (meaning no lock-out while the ult is executing), and it adds bonus utility (since you could quite easily travel down a long corridor or even through multiple rooms with this).

And that it's really quite slow.

This version would still let him flip out and tele-kill everything, but it would tie the damage directly to his melee weapon.  It would also let him escape the radius of allies ults, it would be much more active (meaning no lock-out while the ult is executing), and it adds bonus utility (since you could quite easily travel down a long corridor or even through multiple rooms with this).

I agree that it is much slower that his original blade storm animation was faster.

My biggest problem is that his ultimate takes too long to execute. Everyone else's ult is done in under 3 sec with the exception of maybe banshee. It seems like bladestorm takes 10+ seconds to kill a group of enemies that I could easily just nuke with a number of other frames.

Drink the tears of my nyx. Drink them.

Drink the tears of my nyx. Drink them.

I don't play ash, I was just giving some feed back as I built him, leveled him to 30 for mastery rank 9 then sold him w/o putting in a reactor. He wasn't worth it imo and his ult was one of the main reasons why.

Just forma his ult slot and slap in a new more useful ability.

Thanks to melee damage when invisible, smokescreen is just as devastating.

The best part about Blade Storm, is that it's radius can be moved to a distance.

You can kill enemies 50 meters away without even moving from a sniping spot.

Sure, it takes time.

But it's an effective way to clear out a room of Grineer who are hiding behind cover in all locations.

It's also an great way to show off to unsuspecting teammates.

While it might not be as interesting visually it would be more fun to use (I think) and be pretty useful as well since it would scale off your melee weapons. Even if this didn't replace his current ult (which is still really cool) it could be his 3rd ability. Maybe tone it down so it was in line with most 3 abilities but either way it's a great idea.

Yes, Blade Storm takes forever to finish, but I think the POINT of this is just some emergency Invuln time. While not useful in defence, because it kills too slowly, it still works as a decent way of keeping yourself alive in a state of 0 cover until your shields regen.

I am hopeful that there is no power in the game that the developers designed with the intent of players seeing as a free mod slot.

By no means. It's just preferable in terms of combat to release this skill after level 40+, where the enemies don't die and also come in large swarms.

I'm simply offering a suggestion.

Yes, Blade Storm takes forever to finish, but I think the POINT of this is just some emergency Invuln time. While not useful in defence, because it kills too slowly, it still works as a decent way of keeping yourself alive in a state of 0 cover until your shields regen.

Mmm... I don't know.  I feel like Smoke Bomb serves that purpose pretty well.  Of course, I guess you could say something similar about Teleport already doing this job... but I think it could be kept distinct by keeping the limits on this version of the ult (like, can only teleport while attacking, so no stealth-porting) and possibly by buffing Teleport (or at least cutting its energy cost to 15).

This is pretty much how I see it as well, besides watching him kill that many people while i just sit there and watch makes me feel like i am watching anime or something and not really being part of the action as a player, most of the other frames ultimate's i don't feel that way because they don't take forever.

There were a few mentions of this working on charge attacks, rather than on normal ones -- not sure.  I tend to use charge attacks to deal the bulk of the damage, and I'd be worried about teleporting in (on a charge) and then accidentally placing the circle over a further-away enemy while charging the next attack.