Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Okay here me out for a second...imagine warfame battle royale..

KreekNaaglash

1 hour ago, KreekNaaglash said:

battle royale where you drop out of your spaceship, I mean with the movement and fighting/gun mechanism I think it would be on the top of battle royale scene

Dude stop this is the worst idea ever! Conclave already sucks and is an unbalanced mess! BR is the  pinnacle of unbalanced BS!

Edited by (XB1)Skiller115
  • Like 3

Plenty of people have imagined it.

Many many many more have pointed out that it's not feasible with Warframes current engine or that it's not desired. Sometimes both.

Allow me to join them! I don't want this and it's not feasible with Warframe's engine.

• Like 2

Just now, KreekNaaglash said:

I'm seeing that I'm very late with the subject,also is Conclave really that bad i have yet to check it out

You are indeed late.

It's not terrible, but it has barely any matchmaking and very precise gameplay. It's an acquired taste at best.

14 minutes ago, KreekNaaglash said:

battle royale where you drop out of your spaceship, I mean with the movement and fighting/gun mechanism I think it would be on the top of battle royale scene

You need to look at the Conclave, how its balanced, Warframes, & Weapons as a whole.

PVP for this game isn't as black & white as some think.

Battle Royale would be very difficult to pull off & would not work well in The Warframe universe. That is before considering lore of course.

Typically Heavily Storied games don't mesh well with the BR formula.

Essentially, what you see as interesting fornBR via Warframe would need to be remove in order to balance the mode...so intends up being a cookie cutter BR mode at that point.

1 minute ago, IntheCoconut said:

Why have there been so many of these BR topics this week?

The genre peaked around the end of 2018, now the shine has worn off and folks are looking for something new & fresh but they still hunger for the formula of BR games.

I guess...in short...

The genre is getting stale since everyone is doing it. So now folks want something new & fresh.

17 minutes ago, KreekNaaglash said:

and here is why it won't work:

The netcode of warframe is in no way, shape or form able to handle that many players.

Warframes netcode was designed with 4 player squads in mind and 8 player raids were already straining it.

The only reason hubs like relays and fortuna can get away with so many players in a single instance is because they don't show things like jumping animations for other players, companions and they sacrificed some "accuracy" when it comes to displaying other players positions and relays still seem to be quite laggy when it comes to updating player positions)

and now imagine a gamemode where you don't see other players move, where you see them in places they are not/already left except a hundred times worse because the game not only has to keep up with all the players but also their companions and the projectiles from their weapons.

Plus: all effects from skills and weapons have to be rendered which, when there are a bunch of players on your screen, has the potential to melt your gpu

Well I've been involved in Battle Royale since the beginning in Arma 2 and Arma 3 so every game that is interesting to me i think what if this had Battle Royal, now it could be something completely not wanted by the community but heaving something fresh would be interesting to see I mean we still have the Vanilla game.Seeing warframe as PvP in general it seems difficult to pull it off  i think i did hear something some time ago when Conclave started that they had to change Warframes HP,movement etc to keep it balanced now BR would be possible if they do the same thing with bigger environment

Alright I'm going to make this perfectly clear!

No
Nee
لا
কোন
Ne

Br
Číslo
Nr
Sega
Hindi
Nro
Pas
Nein
Δεν
Non
לא
नहीं
Tsis muaj
Nei
Tidak
違います
La
Qo'
아니요

Tsia
tidak
Le
نه
Nr
Não
Hi'nä
Нет
Leai
He
Č
Aita
இல்லை
కాదు
หมาย เลข
'Ikai
نہيں
Na
Ma'

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

The genre peaked around the end of 2018, now the shine has worn off and folks are looking for something new & fresh but they still hunger for the formula of BR games.

I guess...in short...

The genre is getting stale since everyone is doing it. So now folks want something new & fresh.

I guess I can understand the sentiment of wanting more of something you like, but I think people are grasping at straws. There are so many BR games out there right now: Fortnite, PUBG, Realm Royale, Counter Strike: GO, Darwin Project, Black Ops 4, Arma 3, Dying Light, The Culling, Rust, H1Z1, etc. to name just a few.

If people are already bored of all the aforementioned games, then why should DE invest into a fad that is quickly burning out?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

Alright I'm going to make this perfectly clear!

No
Nee
لا
কোন
Ne

Br
Číslo
Nr
Sega
Hindi
Nro
Pas
Nein
Δεν
Non
לא
नहीं
Tsis muaj
Nei
Tidak
違います
La
Qo'
아니요

Tsia
tidak
Le
نه
Nr
Não
Hi'nä
Нет
Leai
He
Č
Aita
இல்லை
కాదు
หมาย เลข
'Ikai
نہيں
Na
Ma'

it's not like its gonna actually happen its just the idea we are talking about here

Edited by KreekNaaglash